Proposal: Barrie for Kapanen+++

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
How is that any close to the Muzzin deal?

KK benefited from AM, but was headed to 4th line or packaged in a trade. 1st is likely bottom pick. The rest are garbage prospects.

I was being generous by providing a Cap Dunp.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
KK benefited from AM, but was headed to 4th line or packaged in a trade. 1st is likely bottom pick. The rest are garbage prospects.

I was being generous by providing a Cap Dunp.
No you weren't. You were pretending that "KK benefited from AM, but was headed to 4th line or packaged in a trade. 1st is likely bottom pick. The rest are garbage prospects." Just to vex people on the board.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Seems a bit high for barrie… prob a bit expensive for Toronto cap hit wise... and hes a free agent in a year....why the hell would the leafs trade all those assets for potentially 1.5 years of barrie… that is a pretty huge risk for not much reward.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Seems a bit high for barrie… prob a bit expensive for Toronto cap hit wise... and hes a free agent in a year....why the hell would the leafs trade all those assets for potentially 1.5 years of barrie… that is a pretty huge risk for not much reward.

Muzzin has a similar package and term.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
No you weren't. You were pretending that "KK benefited from AM, but was headed to 4th line or packaged in a trade. 1st is likely bottom pick. The rest are garbage prospects." Just to vex people on the board.

KK is not all that valuable, but willing to accept his inflated value.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Muzzin has a similar package and term.
In what way was muzzins return similar?
Im pretty sure(leaf fans can correct me), Bracco was 3rd or 4th best prospect in leafs system, grund was 5 or 6, and durzi was 8 or 9?

So
2020 1st = 2019 1st
Bracco > Grund
Brown > Durzi
Kapanen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nothing

and id say Muzzin is pretty = to barrie, maybe slight edge to barrie on offense... but not enough to get kapanen added to the trade value, when the package is already better then what you gave for muzzin w/o kaps.

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
They don’t have a puck mover on the right side.

Isn’t Reilly playing the RD position now since the Muzzin acquisition? Reilly and Gardiner are elite puck movers and Dermott and Muzzin aren’t slouches either. Obviously if Zaitsev could be moved you look at anything but Tanev with Gardiner would be ideal.

Muzzin - Reilly
Gardiner - Tanev
Dermott - Hainsey

The key is moving Zaitsev and not mortgaging the future to upgrade him. Barrie would cost I believe Kadri. Tanev could likely be hard for a 2020 first and prospect.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Leafs already have Barrie-lite in Gardiner. EJ would make a lot more sense for them if Colorado was willing.

stpn47

Feb 10, 2012
Everyone saying it's an overpayment by the Leafs, but from an Avs POV I think I'd rather just keep Barrie and try to be competitive next year :popcorn:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I cringe at even going down this road again, but I am curious. Is there a report of this? Obviously our fanbases have gone around and around on the matter, but I am unaware of any details that have leaked.

I mean essentially anytime one of the insiders over on TSN speaks about the Canes/Leafs they mention Kapanen/Johnsson both being non-starters from the Leafs end, which is why a trade never happened.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Everyone saying it's an overpayment by the Leafs, but from an Avs POV I think I'd rather just keep Barrie and try to be competitive next year :popcorn:
It is would be a huge overpayment by the Leafs, but you are also welcome to Barrie he will definitely help the Avs be more competitive next year. The have shown flashes of great play this year already.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It is would be a huge overpayment by the Leafs, but you are also welcome to Barrie he will definitely help the Avs be more competitive next year. The have shown flashes of great play this year already.

Nice troll job.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I cringe at even going down this road again, but I am curious. Is there a report of this? Obviously our fanbases have gone around and around on the matter, but I am unaware of any details that have leaked.

Leaf fans significantly over-inflate the value of their players. They create rumours there is never enough value available. Toronto media also creates a lot of the fake stories as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad