Proposal: Barrie for Kapanen+++

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Seems like a lot, but considering the players involved for Muzzin, the value might be close except the AVs would have to absorb cap dumps.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Kapenen is untouchable as per Dubas. Why do people continually put in him deals? In fact he has 5 more points than Johnsson. So offensively almost even. But Kappy is way better 2 way, kills penalties and with his superior speed (Johnsson is still fast) scores SHG etc. Point is if a team wants scoring winger Johnsson is right behind him and itll be Johnsson traded over him. If a rival GM wont move off Kapenen or Sandin for example deal will not transpire. You dont get rid of one guy who is one of your best 2way players before a cup run to get 1 guy. It's called filling a need but creating another.

Proved this is Anaheim for montour thread. Johnsson has more points than every duck but Getzlaf. Yet so many of you say hes not top 6 and hes scraps. That is actually ridiculous. Hes top 9 on a loaded offense..so on at last 16 teams hes top 6 for sure. On Avs he would be on 2nd line no doubt

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
I don't see how the Leafs can afford paying Barrie 7M+ when his contract is up. They can atleast bridge Kapanen and use Bracco as a ELC filler on the roster.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
tenor.gif

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Your proposals suck.... like, they suck really bad.

Everyone's do. Tbh..even my own. Pretty much 0 of the proposals here that come from any fan in any market are way off. I recall the matty duch proposals here...way off. In fact that posters proposal would be a better haul then they got for duchene.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Everyone's do. Tbh..even my own. Pretty much 0 of the proposals here that come from any fan in any market are way off. I recall the matty duch proposals here...way off. In fact that posters proposal would be a better haul then they got for duchene.
This particular poster has a history of proposals like this one.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Do the Leafs really need another puck mover with Reilly and Gardiner?

I still think a Hjarmalsson or Tanev would be better targets and much more affordable

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
:avs

Kapanen, Kasperi ($863,333)
Bracco, Jeremy ($842,500)
Brown, Connor ($2,100,000)
2020 1st round pick (TOR)

:leafs

Barrie, Tyson ($5,500,000)
I'd say the Avs pass. Kapanen a late 1st and a bunch of nothing shouldn't get you Barrie.

Reactions: Patagonia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad