Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Another signing just in for Barrie. Big, young D from the US.

Colts Ink Matthew Sredl to an OHL Contract – Barrie Colts
44 points in 47 points this year as a defencemen in midget this year, some pretty good numbers I would say. GM ford adding another young talented 2002 born to the roster!!!

Unfortunately just as Hadfield started to look more comfortable out their, he is most likely gonna be the odd man out on the back end.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
In a very weird way on their latest instagram post, Colts announce Jason Wilms as the new team captain, Tyler Tucker, Ben Hawerchuck, and Ryan Suzuki will wear the A's!

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
There is some real big debates if head coach Dale Hawerchuck is going to return next year as head coach? What do you guys think? IMO since this is Ben's last season with the team I think its time to let Dale go as well and get a fresh voice in the room for hopefully some successful years down the road.

Dale has took this team to long playoff runs but never to an OHL final, gonna be interesting to see what happens when his contract is up at the end of the season!

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
There is some real big debates if head coach Dale Hawerchuck is going to return next year as head coach? What do you guys think? IMO since this is Ben's last season with the team I think its time to let Dale go as well and get a fresh voice in the room for hopefully some successful years down the road.

Dale has took this team to long playoff runs but never to an OHL final, gonna be interesting to see what happens when his contract is up at the end of the season!
The coach plays with the cards (players) the GM gives him , I think Ford has failed as much as Dale or maybe more .

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
The coach plays with the cards (players) the GM gives him , I think Ford has failed as much as Dale or maybe more .
Yes much agreed to that comment, I think Ford fails at bringing in players when we have the ability to go deep in the playoffs. Instead of going 'all in' in the playoffs, Ford always seems to backoff on loading up and always tries and keep the players they have for the playoffs.

Reactions: HDogg14

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010

There was the run in 2013 where Dale and the Colts pushed the London Knights to a game seven in the OHL Final. Or do you mean he never brought the team a championship?

I do agree that the Colts may need a fresh voice behind the bench because it seems as though the players tune him out. I feel like the team has under performed this year, and should not have been outside of the playoff picture at the trade deadline with the players they had in the lineup. I think certain players quit on Dale.

Reactions: Colts 5656

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
There was the run in 2013 where Dale and the Colts pushed the London Knights to a game seven in the OHL Final. Or do you mean he never brought the team a championship?

I do agree that the Colts may need a fresh voice behind the bench because it seems as though the players tune him out. I feel like the team has under performed this year, and should not have been outside of the playoff picture at the trade deadline with the players they had in the lineup. I think certain players quit on Dale.
Yea never have won the OHL title and went to the mem cup.
Much agree with what you said as well. I've heard before players weren't too happy with him due to the lack of ice time they were getting and a lot of favouritism that was going on amongst the team. I've always heard some things about Ben being a real coward in the room.
Could all play into why this season for example they have underperformed. Younger team looking to develop into a top team in the league in coming years, but if that stuff is true than how will these young players handle it?

Just all comes down to the way the rest of this season plays out really. If they can pull some strings together and some players start producing more we may be able to grab the the last playoff spot!

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Agreed with some of the comments above that Dale has run his course here. As for Ford, I believe he is a great talent evaluator and hasn't been given the reigns to fully build a team how he would like due to some control by Howie. I see what Dave Drinkill is now doing in Saginaw and I recall the reports of a huge trade being shut down by Colts ownership a few years ago with Guelph. Really would like to see what Ford could do with full support from Howie. With the full sell off this year, could that finally be happening?

Reactions: Colts 5656

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Big win for the Colts tonight, can anyone comment on the Moskal/ Tucker tilt ? Two young goalies moving forward for the 2nd half of the season will be a good indicator what the goaltending future holds for this young team. Still have not read anything " official" on the demise of Zhukov; as a matter of fact he is still listed on the teams roster.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Big win for the Colts tonight, can anyone comment on the Moskal/ Tucker tilt ? Two young goalies moving forward for the 2nd half of the season will be a good indicator what the goaltending future holds for this young team. Still have not read anything " official" on the demise of Zhukov; as a matter of fact he is still listed on the teams roster.

Zhukov playing for Green Bay in the USHL. Loved that Tucker fight. He threw some bombs.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I am scared to play you guys. You have so little experience, you don't even know that you are supposed to lose.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Peca update
For Peca, the goal gives the 19-year-old two goals and six points in six games with the Greyhounds since being acquired from the Barrie Colts.

“He’s just stepped right into the culture that we’re creating here,” Dean said. “He works exceptionally hard and the guys in the room absolutely love him. When you come in and work that hard, he won over the room in the first game.”

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Zhukov has been on Green Bay's roster for a while now, and was taken off the Colts roster a while ago as well.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
That was a huge win for the Colts last night! Awesome to see the team get a huge motivational win against the very talented Knights!
Game thoughts:
- The top 4 D pairings looked real strong and continued to shut down top lines on opposing teams pretty well
- Suzuki continues to impress with 2 goals and 1 one of them was highlight real
- Duhart, Bignell, & Partridge continue to develop
- Greaves staying strong in net and continues to battle Edmonds for the #1 starting role

Big game Saturday against the Hounds.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Barrie Colts listed on the mid-season NHL draft rankings for North American skaters:
#10 Ryan Suzuki
#186 Nathan Allensen
#212 Jack York

Wouldn't be surprised to see players like Hill, Greaves, Bignell get their name on that list soon.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
That was a huge win for the Colts last night! Awesome to see the team get a huge motivational win against the very talented Knights!

Yes I agree, if they played like that on a regular basis i would consider getting my ST's back

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Yes I agree, if they played like that on a regular basis i would consider getting my ST's back
Lol yea but often times throughout this season they have lacked consistency. Games where they should have won they didn't and it allows teams like North Bay to rack up the points and pass us in the standings.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Pretty quiet here.

I suppose given that the chances of making the playoffs this year are pretty slim, there really isn't much to say.

Well for me I still can't believe we gave up anything for Totora. Not slamming the kid and certainly have no ill will towards him, it is just that he is an o/a next year and simply didn't/don't see the benefit for the future.

I suppose we could trade him next year but will we get anywhere near what we spent on him back.
what does everyone think??

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Pretty quiet here.

I suppose given that the chances of making the playoffs this year are pretty slim, there really isn't much to say.

Well for me I still can't believe we gave up anything for Totora. Not slamming the kid and certainly have no ill will towards him, it is just that he is an o/a next year and simply didn't/don't see the benefit for the future.

I suppose we could trade him next year but will we get anywhere near what we spent on him back.
what does everyone think??
Colts have a very good shot at making the playoffs next year. With some offseason moves and the develop of the younger players on the team this year (Foerster, York, Duhart, etc), next year they will be playing bigger roles and hope to be able to provide us with a good chance of making the playoffs.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Colts have a very good shot at making the playoffs next year. With some offseason moves and the develop of the younger players on the team this year (Foerster, York, Duhart, etc), next year they will be playing bigger roles and hope to be able to provide us with a good chance of making the playoffs.
Totora will play a very large OA role up front. Pure goal scorer that has clearly been shown in his first 20 or so games with the Colts.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Pretty embarrassing effort tonight and some more questionable decisions by coach Hawerchuk. On the bright side, nice goal by Piercey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad