Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Why did you guys not trade the import goalie?

maybe the kid wanted to go where he felt more comfortably or maybe he felt he would be appreciated more. Who knows, but wish the kid all the best and hope his dreams and plans work out.

Well now that the deadline is over I feel we did the right thing in trading the players that we did. For the most part these kids get a chance to play on a contending team and I wish them all the best.

1. As far as management goes, did they do enough, did they get enough of a return for the players that they traded away?
  2. What does everyone think of the prospects of holding onto Suzuki,Tortora, and Tucker for next year?
  3. Any predictions as to the outcome for the rest of the year?
In conclusion i just want to thank Murray, Keane, Peca, Chiodo, and Zhukov for their time here and wish them all the best in their futures. It was my pleasure to have watched you play.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
maybe the kid wanted to go where he felt more comfortably or maybe he felt he would be appreciated more. Who knows, but wish the kid all the best and hope his dreams and plans work out.

Well now that the deadline is over I feel we did the right thing in trading the players that we did. For the most part these kids get a chance to play on a contending team and I wish them all the best.

1. As far as management goes, did they do enough, did they get enough of a return for the players that they traded away?
  2. What does everyone think of the prospects of holding onto Suzuki,Tortora, and Tucker for next year?
  3. Any predictions as to the outcome for the rest of the year?
In conclusion i just want to thank Murray, Keane, Peca, Chiodo, and Zhukov for their time here and wish them all the best in their futures. It was my pleasure to have watched you play.

No brainer to Hold onto Suzuki and Tucker in my opinion. Tortora will be a good OA and if the team still needs to develop a good asset to move next year. Same could be said for Tucker as he'd be a half season rental likely next season. As for the returns, you always want more, but the performance of some of the players traded ultimately made the sell off needed and limited the return. As far as the rest of the year I think we will see some better efforts and hopefully can squeak into that final playoff spot. Team has the goaltending to steal some games with some talent at the top capable of making things interesting. Hoping to see some growth with more opportunities given to players such as Piercey and Foerster.

I'll also say it was a pleasure watching the players traded away. Hope they get a shot at a championship.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Not sure I agree with you on Suzuki, Tortora, and Tucker. I still feel that they are three big chips to be traded in the off Season (or next trade deadline) as i really feel the Colts need to completely overhaul. Similar to what happened in the Scheifele era.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Not sure I agree with you on Suzuki, Tortora, and Tucker. I still feel that they are three big chips to be traded in the off Season (or next trade deadline) as i really feel the Colts need to completely overhaul. Similar to what happened in the Scheifele era.

I don't fully disagree on Tortora and Tucker, but Suzuki with multiple seasons left? He's who you build around.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
No brainer to Hold onto Suzuki and Tucker in my opinion. Tortora will be a good OA and if the team still needs to develop a good asset to move next year. Same could be said for Tucker as he'd be a half season rental likely next season. As for the returns, you always want more, but the performance of some of the players traded ultimately made the sell off needed and limited the return. As far as the rest of the year I think we will see some better efforts and hopefully can squeak into that final playoff spot. Team has the goaltending to steal some games with some talent at the top capable of making things interesting. Hoping to see some growth with more opportunities given to players such as Piercey and Foerster.

I'll also say it was a pleasure watching the players traded away. Hope they get a shot at a championship.
Could definitely see them squeaking into the last playoff spot as well, but with the lack of productivity from players like Wilms, Brown, Rhodes, etc its hard to really get goal scoring up front.
Think a top line of Pekar Suzuki Totora would be solid if they could find some chemistry. I like what I see on the back end as Mathew Hill has really started to develop his game this season, especially playing top minutes with the likes of Murray and Keane Gone. Allenson as well has came a long way and is definitely a guy the Colts will be banking on for the next couple of years.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Pekar Suzuki Totora
Brown Wilms Hawerchuck
Duhart Bignell Foerster
Piercy Fleming Rhodes

Tucker Hill
Allenson York
Cameron Hadfield

Edmonds
Greaves

These are my lineup predictions for the remainder of the year. Of course Piercy & Foerster could move up and down the lineup depending on how well the top 6 is playing. I think Hawerchuck and Duhart could also rotate. But after typing this lineup out, it seems to me like a solid 1st round playoff team IF we can have goal scoring from almost all 4 lines. Hoping Brown, Duhart, Wilms can start finding a scoring touch and keep on rolling!

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Ok lets assume Suzucki has two years left maybe 3 if he plays an O/A. Is it realistic to feel that the Colts will be a contender in two years.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Ok lets assume Suzucki has two years left maybe 3 if he plays an O/A. Is it realistic to feel that the Colts will be a contender in two years.

To me I see them adding 2001s, giving opportunity to 2002s plus some solid 2000s. OHL cycle moves quick. I would hope to see them back into contending in 2020-2021 which would be Suzuki's most dominant year in the OHL. I'm all for moving Tortora at the deadline next year and Tucker if it looks like he won't be back as an OA.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Some thoughts on tonights loss 4-3 to the wolves.
- Foerster is really starting to show he can play a top player in this league and is able to provide a huge amount of offence (2 point night tonight)
- Duhart had a real strong game with a very nice goal, could develop into a nice centre for the Colts
- Edmonds kept them in the game tonight and looks so calm and poise in goal

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
If this young team stays determined and willing to go through a rough patch for this season I can seriously see them being pretty dominant in the league in a year or two. With that being said, that would have to come with the draft, trades, and signings.

I still believe they may be able to squeeze into the playoffs if they gather some wins together, and stay consistant!
Colts country has a bright future ahead!

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Saw a tweet that coach Dale Hawerchuck will be naming a captain later this week!
My guess is either Tucker, or Wilms.
With one of those two serving as an assistant, Ben Hawerchuck, and I'm thinking either Suzuki, Brown, or Allenson serving as the third assistant captain.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Rosati works with Wolves goalies and other prospects. I think the plan was for him to make regular trips back home to Barrie to keep tabs on Zhukov.

IDK maybe you are right??? However why would the Colts hire Billy Smith and then have Rosati train the goalie. Not following the logic unless the NHL team is paying for the development??

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
IDK maybe you are right??? However why would the Colts hire Billy Smith and then have Rosati train the goalie. Not following the logic unless the NHL team is paying for the development??

They've been very hands-on with all CHL prospects like Kooy and Ferguson. Their staff meet with the kids and their goalie coaches on a somewhat frequent basis.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
JUST IN: According to the Barrie Colts twitter, former Peterborough Petes draft pick in 2017 Jake Partridge will be making his debut for the Colts tomorrow wearing number 26.
Jake was a free agent playing for Peterborough this season and last season played in the NOJHl where he put up 50 points in 54 games played.
Interesting how GM Ford got him here. Jake is a 2001 born and joins this young Colts roster that has some promise to it.

Interesting as to why Peterborough put him on waivers.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
A little disappointed in him this year. Seems much less agressive than he was last season and his lack of production has shown that. Hopefully can refind his game and turn things around.
Is it just me or does he look un happy out there. Often times doesn't look like he has energy to do anything out there.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Unfortunate news for the team as Matej Pekar has suffered a broken collarbone and could potentially be out for the remainder of the season.
Tough news for this Colts squad, as Pekar was one of the top point leaders on the team. Going to be interesting to see if he returns next year or the Buffalo Sabres draft pick turns pro.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Unfortunate news for the team as Matej Pekar has suffered a broken collarbone and could potentially be out for the remainder of the season.
Tough news for this Colts squad, as Pekar was one of the top point leaders on the team. Going to be interesting to see if he returns next year or the Buffalo Sabres draft pick turns pro.

Tough loss for sure, Matej was having a really good 1st season playing for the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->