Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There's a difference between playing young A grade talent, playing true prospects within a veteran team.
Don't look at this season as they have to play everyone.
Dale's history speaks for itself; he rides his vets and gives the A prospects ice time "he feels they are worthy of" and the rest are left to fend for themselves.
Whether it is right or wrong is not really debatable, it is just Hawerchuck's way of coaching.

Yeah, most coaches are that way. Hunter is a prime example. Besides, less than a true prospect won’t merit much ice time on any team positioned for playoff home ice

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Huge win last night over Niagara! Big game this Thursday against North Bay who beat Sudbury today, and now sit 3 points ahead of Barrie! Colts continue to push for. playoff spot, but doesn't help that North Bay won today :/

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Crucial game tonight

A win and they are still in the race, a loss and it is probably over for this year.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Crucial game tonight

A win and they are still in the race, a loss and it is probably over for this year.
Yea for sure! I wonder what Colts team we are gonna see tonight? The team that never gives up on each play and seems to be pretty productive in the offensive end, or the team that just looks out of place and just can't get anything going offensively and is defending brutally.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Colts sit back 3 points back of North bay, with a win over North Bay tonight they will sit back 3 points of Peterborough and Hamilton. Barrie plays Peterborough Saturday. Colts have 6 games remaining and it HAS to be a must win each and every game from here on out if they wanna get a crack at the playoffs!!

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Tonight’s game has been cancelled
Hearing some rumblings that they don't have any time slots to put this game into. Gonna be interesting to see what plays out! Hopefully they can find a day that works for both teams, either team isn't coming off a stretch or anything like that.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Update: The game against the Barrie Colts that was postponed Thursday night will be played at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 12th. in North Bay.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Hey Colts fans, looking for a little help. My wife and I will be making the trip up for the game on Saturday. Looking for the best pizza and wing joint in the city. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Hey Colts fans, looking for a little help. My wife and I will be making the trip up for the game on Saturday. Looking for the best pizza and wing joint in the city. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
For wings there is a Buffalo Wild Wing right across the street from the BMC, and there is also a Wild Wing 2 minutes south of the BMC on Mapleview. Can't think of any specific places with both really good pizza and wings! Hope that helps!

Reactions: fishfan51

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie

Pie is pretty good for Pizza, and have different but good wings. One not far from the BMC and also down at the waterfront. Lockeroom wings some of the best in town, but not close to the arena. Some of your regular chain options like Buffalo Wild wings across the road from the arena at Park place.

styleeano

Aug 30, 2017
Pie is pretty good for Pizza, and have different but good wings. One not far from the BMC and also down at the waterfront. Lockeroom wings some of the best in town, but not close to the arena. Some of your regular chain options like Buffalo Wild wings across the road from the arena at Park place.
I like Redline brewery up the street from the arena the maple wings are good

HARVEYTIME

Jan 14, 2019

The Boston Pizza is about 5 minutes from the arena is always solid. The movie theatre is also just down the road from that also if you want to catch a movie after. There is also a nice breakfast place (all 3 of these are on the same road mapleview ) called Cora's just a few minutes from the arena also just down from the boston pizza.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
We're spending the night, so it doesn't have to be near the BMC.

Barrie doesn't have a definitive local Pizza joint, but we do have the standard franchise fan fare pizza - Pizza Pizza, Dominos, Pizza Hut, Boston Pizza, etc.
However for wings there are many choices, Wickies, St. Louis, Stickey Fingers, Locker room, Penalty Box, and so on.

If you are looking for something within walkin distance of tha arena, literally rite across the road, - Paneras, Buffalo Wild Wing, Milestones, Lone Star, Fork and Spoon, Burgers, Priest, The Keg, Mr. Greek, Nandos, McDonalds, Starbucks, Tim Hortons. Should you wish to go a little further up Mapleview, just the other side of the 400 you will find Kelseys, Montanas, Jack Astors, Swiss Chalet, East Side Marios and many more.
This doesn't even include anything downtown. I would agree that PIE down on the waterfront is decent.

My favourites for wings is either the Lockeroom or Wickies. For Pizza for me it is the Italian Bakery on Wellington Street.

Anyway hope this helps

Last edited:

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Wonder if any Colts fans will be making the trip to the Bayshore to see the Attack and Colts close out their 6 game series on the season???

The classic highway 26 rivalry is always been a great season series over the past 19 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad