Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Discussion in 'OHL' started by EON, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Colts 5656

Colts 5656 Registered User

I think the biggest thing with this Colts team after watching last nights game is breaking out of their own end. They are trying to hard to create that "fancy play", instead of doing 2-3 quick passes to get out of their own end. Often times I notice how they get caught doing too many passes in their own end and it leads to a turnover and a offensive opportunity for the opposing team. This Colts team may lack some skill, but in this league everyone should be able to breakout of their own end quickly & efficiently.

2. LeafsColts13

LeafsColts13 Registered User

Add in the fact they just throw blind passes into the middle seemingly at random, I really wonder what's going on at practice. I've seen house league teams play smarter. Looking back to the 2016-17 team, I feel this year's team has much more talent, but they played a solid structure that year.

3. Colts 5656

Yes very good point, and it's weird because Dale still is the coach but I wonder if he switches the systems up on every team he has. Gotta wonder why things aren't clicking, its the simple plays that they seem to not be able to make and it unfortunately costs them games.

4. styleeano

styleeano Registered User

This is what happens when the team start to tune out the coach look at the numbers for some of the players for the past 18 games willms 11 points in 18 games tortora 11 points 18 games suzuki 15 points 18 games look at peca now a point a game player yah he is on a better team but i believed he was a point a game player. the stats dont lie and to those who said ben was lighting it up earlier in the season where is that offence now, 7 points in 18 games

5. WKBCFAN

WKBCFAN Registered User

Retired
    Fun factoid, former players Lemieux (Jets), Little (Jets),Pearson (Pens), Mangiapane (Flames,1st NHL goal) and finally Lebanc ( Sharks, 1st career trick) scored last night.... not bad for player development I would say....not to mention the other players; Ekblad, TJ Brodie, Rasmussen, Anthanasiou, Clifford etc who dressed yesterday for their NHL clubs.

dirty12 likes this.
  6. LeafsColts13

Definitely a good time to follow the alumni.

7. Colts 5656

This team looks worse and worse each game they play. Blows my mind watching them play out there like a bunch of atom house league players. Just awful no wonder why they can never get a good crowd for games, who wants to watch this team play.

Awful.

8. From Up Top

From Up Top Registered User

The Colts have checked out enough said... Team needs to look at making some serious changes this summer. No way this team should be sitting 7 points out of a playoff spot with this talent.

9. WolvesFanSudbury

WolvesFanSudbury Registered User

Next season should be better for you guys. Niagara will be horrendous, Kingston still wont be good, Hamilton will be bad. Ottawa/Oshawa will be really good, Sudbury, Peterborough and North bay will be strong. Wildcards for me would be you guys and Missy

10. LeafsColts13

Team needs to start fresh with a new coach next year and plan towards the 2020-2021 season. They can't get away from this plan and add next year. Will need more assets. They also need to absolutely nail the draft in April with the high picks they have. Hopefully they get a new coaching staff in place as soon as possible, and get plans together for all the players for summer.