Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Any idea on what the plan is with Zhukov/Edmonds? Will Edmonds be traded or is Zhukov going to continue to sit?

As it is, Vegas must be leaning towards signing Ferguson and Patera and losing Zhukov's rights. I'd imagine the McGMs would like some more games for him to evaluate though.

Reactions: Colts 5656

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
Any idea on what the plan is with Zhukov/Edmonds? Will Edmonds be traded or is Zhukov going to continue to sit?

As it is, Vegas must be leaning towards signing Ferguson and Patera and losing Zhukov's rights. I'd imagine the McGMs would like some more games for him to evaluate though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts moved Zhukov... He hasn't been dressed in a long while with Jet Greaves playing more minutes of late.

Reactions: MordredGK

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Erie is looking for a goaltender, i'd expect them to go after Edmonds or Greaves before the deadline.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I'd be shocked if Barrie moved Edmonds
I would be too if he's their #1 starter, but we can't take their import. I'm sure Erie would be happy with Greaves. I haven't watched either of them play, but their stats look similar. Anyone but Battaglia I guess!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I would be too if he's their #1 starter, but we can't take their import. I'm sure Erie would be happy with Greaves. I haven't watched either of them play, but their stats look similar. Anyone but Battaglia I guess!

I don't see why Barrie would move Greaves either. They probably wouldn't get much back for him. Would probably be better to have 2 good young goalies on a rebuilding team

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Zhukov is easily the odd man out. Don't know if there's a spot for him anywhere in the league. Maybe on waivers is the next step.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Zhukov is easily the odd man out. Don't know if there's a spot for him anywhere in the league. Maybe on waivers is the next step.

I can't imagine he's too happy right now. From what I heard he was instructed to go to Barrie to work with Rosati. Pretty sure that's why he was drafted by the Colts.

Ah well.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
I can't imagine he's too happy right now. From what I heard he was instructed to go to Barrie to work with Rosati. Pretty sure that's why he was drafted by the Colts.

Ah well.
Rosati is with Vegas. Billy Smith is the goalie coach for Barrie.

Reactions: LDN

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
In other news, Maxim Zhukov has left the team to go back to his former team in the USHL Green Bay Gamblers. Unfortunate situation for both sides as Zhukov was supposed to come over and take over the starting role and it just never played out the way it was suppose to be. Looks like with the excellent play of Edmonds and Zhukov losing starts he did what's best for him and left the club to further develop his game in Green Bay where he will have the starting role. Zhukov is a 4th round pick of the Las Vegas Golden Knights and is still unsigned.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Chiodo to Ottawa for Shaw Boomhower and a pair of picks.. Decent return for the Colts.
Still not confirmed but yes very close to being completed! They do receive Boomhower's rights if it goes through as he is playing in the ECHL this season.

HDogg14

Dec 9, 2013
Ontario
Much better return IMO for Chiodo, and yet I still cant understand Fords approach. Why not ask to have a 5th/6th in on that. Extremely easy for me to say and judge. It just feels from this fans perspective that he wasn't attempting to bargain. Again simply my personal opinion.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
I guess the returns for little Benny just weren't good enough.:laugh:

Hope they aren't done, would like to see a few more young players and picks acquried.

Reactions: Colts 5656

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Would imagine Willms the only piece left with much value. Would like to see a few prospects signed and brought into play some games soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad