Weekes: Barbashev drawing lots of interest: Expected return is 1st or 2nd + prospect

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I love how everyone says they would do 2nd and a prospect and then offers up someone who is NOT a prospect. It’s 2nd and Knies or Pickering or Harley or someone similar who actually has nhl potential
We are definitely not getting a Knies or Pickering + a second back for Barbashev. (I don't know enough about Harley). Don't give yourself that type of expectation for a Barbie trade. You are going to severely let yourself down.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
yes you can-I have him two pools and his numbers are based purely on who he plays with. Unless he plays with certain people? He is useless
That comment tight there shows your lack of knowledge of him. Every person who watches him will agree.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We are definitely not getting a Knies or Pickering + a second back for Barbashev. (I don't know enough about Harley). Don't give yourself that type of expectation for a Barbie trade. You are going to severely let yourself down.
I’ve been saying for weeks he couid get first when everyone else was hoping for 2nd. If we are gonna settle for less than 1st needs to be legit prospect. Maybe minten if not Knies, but not taking some 5’10” 165lb defenseman that has no chance of ever playing in nhl.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I’ve been saying for weeks he couid get first when everyone else was hoping for 2nd. If we are gonna settle for less than 1st needs to be legit prospect. Maybe minten if not Knies, but not taking some 5’10” 165lb defenseman that has no chance of ever playing in nhl.
I swear we look at how tall someone is and write them off way too quick as blues fans. But, you know, big muscled men are the only way someone can play hockey. Don't tell that to Makar, Morrissey, or Fox tho.

Reactions: larmex99

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I swear we look at how tall someone is and write them off way too quick as blues fans. But, you know, big muscled men are the only way someone can play hockey. Don't tell that to Makar, Morrissey, or Fox tho.
i would take Fox. (Or makar or Morrisey) but with Krug, Rosen, Peru, and even Leddy isnt large, we aren’t lacking in small d. so for me to want another one he has to project as really good.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
i would take Fox. (Or makar or Morrisey) but with Krug, Rosen, Peru, and even Leddy isnt large, we aren’t lacking in small d. so for me to want another one he has to project as really good.
And you think we are going to get something like that for a bottom 6 rental?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
And you think we are going to get something like that for a bottom 6 rental?
I’m not expecting that. Which is why I say no tiny d. And I don’t just mean short. If they are stocky and strong like Faulk is ok, but it’s slight ones that need to be exceptional or I don’t want them. we get Knies or minten or some other future 3rd liner that’s great asset management. But if not, give me the 1st.

Last edited:

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
I love this time of year. Fan bases getting annoyed cause other fan bases do not see players the same way they do
It's one thing to say he isn't worth a 1st it's another to call him worthless. If he was worthless other teams wouldn't be interested in him. Facts

Reactions: Homesick

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
This. Put your expectation at most likely a teams 3rd-6th best prospect + a 2nd. Barbie doesnt get those prospects orginally listed straight-up 1for1.

Ghost Bear

Mar 7, 2015
That’s rather a lot to give up for someone with 9 points in 50 career playoff games
cut.jpg

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If he had a couple years term at a good orice he’d get you a 1st.

As a bottom 6 pending UFA you are looking at a 2nd and an ‘ok’ prospect. I don’t see teams going above that.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
If he had a couple years term at a good orice he’d get you a 1st.

As a bottom 6 pending UFA you are looking at a 2nd and an ‘ok’ prospect. I don’t see teams going above that.
You never know blues could take salary back to help them maybe get another player as well. Army is shifty. You never know what to expect

Reactions: blueswede22

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
You never know blues could take salary back to help them maybe get another player as well. Army is shifty. You never know what to expect
Its always a possibility to retain or take back a contract… maybe you get another pick or something. I was more reacting to those expecting a 1st or 2nd and REALLY good prospect. I don't see that happening. There’s too much on the market and i don’t see a team viewing Barbashev as the missing link that gets them a cup. Different contract status i could see that happening, but not as it stands. He’s not bringing back what Tarasenko got, nor should he. He will certainly bring back value though.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
His defensive acumen is getting overrated because he has a physical presence and as someone else stated he was horrible in the playoffs last year but he will be a solid complimentary player for a contender. Is he 1st rounder worthy? No. But a 2nd is fair. If it’s a 2+ the “plus” is an overpay and I’ll be thrilled w that return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad