Weekes: Barbashev drawing lots of interest: Expected return is 1st or 2nd + prospect

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Out east, I would think its just Tampa (no 1st), Boston (no 2nd) and Pittsburgh (too low of a first) left. I am sure STL would try to hold out for Boston's first, just don't see Boston doing that. NJ and Carolina are going big game fishing. Toronto and NYI already made their forward ads. What western teams would be in on Barbashev?
If not the longshot 1st from Boston this year, I'm kinda hoping for two seconds from Calgary. But I don't think the Blues would have any problem trading him to a western team.

Reactions: wintersej

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I think Tampa is a likely spot for Barbashev with the return being a pick + prospect.

Not sure how exact they value their prospects but maybe ‘24 2nd + Finley. Thompson might be off limits for a rental but I’d love to see Jack Thompson + mid round pick.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
cut.jpg
Oilers offer a 2nd and Ryan Murray

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    391.9 KB · Views: 3

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
I would imagine he’s going to move pretty soon. We’re an injured mess and are basically down 6 forwards we had two weeks ago. We’re going to move him before he too gets dinged up.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
If Carolina misses on Meier then I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Barbashev with the hopes to extend him for a couple years. Carolina has a lot of recent 2nd and 3rd round picks to make a deal with.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Out east, I would think its just Tampa (no 1st), Boston (no 2nd) and Pittsburgh (too low of a first) left. I am sure STL would try to hold out for Boston's first, just don't see Boston doing that. NJ and Carolina are going big game fishing. Toronto and NYI already made their forward ads. What western teams would be in on Barbashev?
What about Lohrei, any gauge on how bruins management values him? Could something like Barbashev + pick for Lohrei + lesser pick be possible?

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I wonder if LA is interested? He would make a great 3C with Vilardi taking the faceoffs. A third line of Fiala - Barbashev - Vilardi, dropping Lizotte back to 4C, would be such a deep forward group.

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Fiala - Barbashev - Vilardi
Iafallo - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I wonder if LA is interested? He would make a great 3C with Vilardi taking the faceoffs. A third line of Fiala - Barbashev - Vilardi, dropping Lizotte back to 4C, would be such a deep forward group.

I would not have considered LA as a UFA buyer this year. Especially at the beginning of the year. Glad things are going well for LA.

Reactions: kilowatt

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
If Armstrong can't get at least a 1st for him he should just give him an offer. He's an inexpensive fan favorite who can play anywhere in the lineup. The perfect type of player to fill out a roster and he's still relatively young.

Reactions: The Electrician

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If Armstrong can't get at least a 1st for him he should just give him an offer. He's an inexpensive fan favorite who can play anywhere in the lineup. The perfect type of player to fill out a roster and he's still relatively young.
He's inexpensive for seven more weeks and then I don't want the Blues to pay him. They already have too many C players on B+ contracts

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
If Carolina misses on Meier then I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Barbashev with the hopes to extend him for a couple years. Carolina has a lot of recent 2nd and 3rd round picks to make a deal with.
Yeah if it's a trade and sign the price goes way up. You know that right

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009

That looks like such an annoying team to play against in the playoffs lol

Reactions: kilowatt

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Korac said 10-12 teams are interested in Barbashev
Around the 12 minute mark:

Some context: this was a recent local radio interview with Lou Korac (covers the Blues for NHL.com). Wouldn't call him an insider necessarily, but he does have a pretty close connection to the team.

Reactions: Mike Liut

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Would CGY move Pelletier for Barbashev? I know it’s probably wishful thinking but in terms of fitting in with the head coach, it makes sense lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad