Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The kids on the farm are getting an amazing experience with this right now, we legitimately have a strong team down there.

A Calder Cup run will help all these guys long term.

Benson, Jones, Marody, etc. will all have a big role with the Oilers down the road. This is awesome for their development.

Good work Woodcroft!!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
How about Starrett? 15-3 with a .918 save pct.
Goalies are very fickle but a hell of a run for the young man. With Starrett, Rodrigue, Skinner, Wells and the kid they traded for from Providence College ( the name escapes me right now, Hawkey I think?), they have some talented goalies bubbling up.

I'm seriously considering ordering the AHL package. The Condors are infinitely more interesting than the big club and I feel like I'm missing out on some great hockey. Time to loosen the purse strings Cuppy.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Goalies are very fickle but a hell of a run for the young man. With Starrett, Rodrigue, Skinner, Wells and the kid they traded for from Providence College ( the name escapes me right now, Hawkey I think?), they have some talented goalies bubbling up.

I seriously considering ordering the AHL package. The Condors are infinitely more interesting than the big club and I feel like I'm missing out on some great hockey. Time to loosen the purse strings Cuppy.

Another one, how about Logan Day? Just coming in and burning villages down.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Another one, how about Logan Day? Just coming in and burning villages down.

Him too. Lots of positives down there outside of the possible exception of Yamamoto and Hebig to an extent.

Gambardella is s guy who should get a long look in the NHL next season IMO if not sooner if they're out if the race.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

I'm seriously considering ordering the AHL package. The Condors are infinitely more interesting than the big club and I feel like I'm missing out on some great hockey. Time to loosen the purse strings Cuppy.
I’m considering it too. 35 bucks American though for less then half a season. It would be fun to watch them in the playoffs though. I’m definitely doing it next year.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I think Benson makes the Oilers next season. Seems like the next logical step for his development. Plus we need to make room for Maksimov, Safin and maybe a guy like Brazeau if we can sign him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Reactions: snipes

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I hope at least two of Benson, McLeod, Maksimov, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Marody, or Khaira establish themselves as top-6 forwards within the next couple years. I'd sell what we can this season, draft a good set of forwards within the first few rounds, then have the 2020 1st & 2nd for sale and go after useful players when we have $9m in cap opening up when Manning, Kassian, Benning, and Spooner's contracts expiring.

Reactions: Aerchon

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I hope at least two of Benson, McLeod, Maksimov, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Marody, or Khaira establish themselves as top-6 forwards within the next couple years. I'd sell what we can this season, draft a good set of forwards within the first few rounds, then have the 2020 1st & 2nd for sale and go after useful players when we have $9m in cap opening up when Manning, Kassian, Benning, and Spooner's contracts expiring.

None of those guys look like they will be top-6 players though. Maybe Maksimov, as he does seem to have a "plus" shot, so could maybe ride shotgun with one of McD or Drai. Pulj is a disaster. Yams looks to be a bust. Khaira is already what he is (he's 24 after all). McLeod can't even score in junior. Benson and Marody have actually proven the most, as they are both scoring at a decent clip in the pros. Neither of them really have an outstanding single attribute though, which is usually required for top-6 duty in the NHL. I would like 2 of them to pan out as well, but the reality is that none of them likely will.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
None of those guys look like they will be top-6 players though. Maybe Maksimov, as he does seem to have a "plus" shot, so could maybe ride shotgun with one of McD or Drai. Pulj is a disaster. Yams looks to be a bust. Khaira is already what he is (he's 24 after all). McLeod can't even score in junior. Benson and Marody have actually proven the most, as they are both scoring at a decent clip in the pros. Neither of them really have an outstanding single attribute though, which is usually required for top-6 duty in the NHL. I would like 2 of them to pan out as well, but the reality is that none of them likely will.
Benson does have a stand out attribute. His hockey IQ. He reads plays extraordinarily well and always finds way to be in the right spots. Also often creates good turnovers. Guy will never be a top 6 line driver but for a winger for McDavid and Drai, he is a great fit.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Benson does have a stand out attribute. His hockey IQ. He reads plays extraordinarily well and always finds way to be in the right spots. Also often creates good turnovers. Guy will never be a top 6 line driver but for a winger for McDavid and Drai, he is a great fit.

He also has great passing/vision and 2-way ability.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Benson is about the only current guy I am excited for. Maxipad is also looking juicy but to early to tell.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Shocker.

Reactions: North

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Werent you questioning McDavid when we drafted him? About how he wouldnt be this good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad