Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If we were smart and decided to sell at the deadline, we should add some expiring dump contracts from playoff teams for picks (4th-7th round) and send down Puljujarvi and Malone for the Bakersfield playoff push.
Could be like the year we picked up Cracknell and Pardy to finish the year off of waivers.

Schultz, Purcell out Cracknell, Pardy and Maroon in.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Could be like the year we picked up Cracknell and Pardy to finish the year off of waivers.

Schultz, Purcell out Cracknell, Pardy and Maroon in.
If we are moving out guys like Petrovic, Gravel and Talbot out at the deadline we should use every dollar of capspace we have to grab an asset with an expiring contract from a playoff team that's adding.

Always teams wanting to add at the deadline but have a bad expiring contract in the way.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If we are moving out guys like Petrovic, Gravel and Talbot out at the deadline we should use every dollar of capspace we have to grab an asset with an expiring contract from a playoff team that's adding.

Always teams wanting to add at the deadline but have a bad expiring contract in the way.
Jori Lehtera and a pick for Talbot.

I don't know if that's the Fin you want to bring in to help JP, but it's a deal that makes a bit of sense for both clubs

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
You would have to think with the way he's been playing, Starrett is going to have to get an NHL start at this point.

I know this guy was a College UFA long shot, but he seems developing a legit NHL goaltending prospect.
Our goalie prospect pool is looking stacked right now. Starrett has been trending very well, Hawkey is putting up ridiculous numbers in college, and Skinner and Rodrigue are promising.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You would have to think with the way he's been playing, Starrett is going to have to get an NHL start at this point.

I know this guy was a College UFA long shot, but he seems developing a legit NHL goaltending prospect.
It sucks because you want him to continue winning in the minors, but he really deserves his shot up here to get a taste

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Our goalie prospect pool is looking stacked right now. Starrett has been trending very well, Hawkey is putting up ridiculous numbers in college, and Skinner and Rodrigue are promising.
Lets just hope the plan isn't for him to be up here next year. If he comes into camp and is clearly the best option then fine, but I hate to see him end up like Brossoit. Just sitting on the bench while he should've been somewhere playing.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It sucks because you want him to continue winning in the minors, but he really deserves his shot up here to get a taste
Yeah, it is that tough call, but he's just earned that look, not an extended one, imo, just a game or two as a show to the kid "we see what you're doing"

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015

I’m starting to think they trade talbot and call up starrett to back up 5 or so games to close the season. I honestly think they’re already pencilling him into the spot next year, not that we have much other options...

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
My question around Day has been why he did not play hockey for 2 years. So curious. I hope they offer him an NHL contract. He can take Stanton's contract. I am not sure why he has not been signed already.

The other interesting thing about Logan Day is that he played with John Marino, Nolan Vesey (who are both in the Oilers Organization) and Beau Starrett (Shane's brother).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I’m starting to think they trade talbot and call up starrett to back up 5 or so games to close the season. I honestly think they’re already pencilling him into the spot next year, not that we have much other options...
LOL chill out a bit there, there's still an entire offseason. I think Starrett should get a start or 2, he deserves the opportunity and the pay cheque. It's not more complicated then that.

I'm fine with this whether or not Talbot is traded.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
LOL chill out a bit there, there's still an entire offseason. I think Starrett should get a start or 2, he deserves the opportunity and the pay cheque. It's not more complicated then that.

I'm fine with this whether or not Talbot is traded.
This is the oilers we’re talking about, it’s not ideal but I can see it happening

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
My question around Day has been why he did not play hockey for 2 years. So curious. I hope they offer him an NHL contract. He can take Stanton's contract. I am not sure why he has not been signed already.

The other interesting thing about Logan Day is that he played with John Marino, Nolan Vesey (who are both in the Oilers Organization) and Beau Starrett (Shane's brother).
15/16 would've been his transfer year, NCAA rules are that if you want to switch schools you have to sit out a full year. He was initially going to Providence College.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Condors up 2-1. Benson with 2 assists, Marody with a beauty PP goal and Currie with the 2nd goal. Soft goal given up by Starrett but he has more than earned a mulligan.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad