Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Keep rolling Condors!

Just a side note, Yams. Can definitely see how not ready this kid was for the NHL. Even less than Pulju. He is not getting much results in the AHL so far. But boy did we ever spoon feed him chances in the NHL lineup. What a stupid organization. Does VP of player development super genius Howson have any accountability for this stuff?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

Benson with 2 assists so far. He should get a couple games in the NHL before this season is over.

Keith said he won’t, already talked to Tyler and told him to not get down when he doesn’t get pulled up despite playing good, wants him to finish the year down there. I’d say best thing for him, both he and Marody have legit shots to make the team next year. I thought Benson was great in camp last year and deserved a closer look, but glad to say he’s staying healthy and he’s been on a tear lately

Edit: both those goals are legit heads up elite plays, not even sure how he seen him in front on the second, he was facing the other way, the first he was controlling the pp from the wall

Last edited:

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Great to see Ethan Bear back. Hopefully for a long time.

Sekera is looking real good, made a fantastic play to get a wide open look right in front of the net.

Condors up 2-1, it's been a competitive game.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Keith said he won’t, already talked to Tyler and told him to not get down when he doesn’t get pulled up despite playing good, wants him to finish the year down there. I’d say best thing for him, both he and Marody have legit shots to make the team next year. I thought Benson was great in camp last year and deserved a closer look, but glad to say he’s staying healthy and he’s been on a tear lately
Damn. I'd have liked to see him get at least a game, just so he knows the pace of the league and what he needs to work on in the offseason. Apparently, those 5 games in the AHL last season helped him train for this season.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
From what I’ve seen his IQ is excellent and he reads the ice very well.

I like that we’re letting him properly develop on the farm (where Pulju should have been for 2+ seasons).
He has a pretty medicore shooting percentage this year, honestly snake bit. Could easily have 10 more goals this year.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He has a pretty medicore shooting percentage this year, honestly snake bit. Could easily have 10 more goals this year.

Isn’t it around like 4 percent or something?

I don’t expect him to be a major goal scorer and he needs to work on his skating but his elite hockey IQ and passing ability will be a huge boost to this team.

I’d be fine with another full year in the AHL next year to be honest. Let him hit the ground running when he’s fully ready and away from the dumpster fire.

Reactions: McDrai

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Yamamoto lacks hunger, does not seem engaged at all. Twice he could have been in good position for a sure goal, but he was just floating around. Gambardella set it up on a tee for him and he looked like he wasn't even thinking about getting a pass.

Bako is going to win their 13th in a row. Josh Currie hits the open net for a new career high.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yamamoto lacks hunger, does not seem engaged at all. Twice he could have been in good position for a sure goal, but he was just floating around. Gambardella set it up on a tee for him and he looked like he wasn't even thinking about getting a pass.

Bako is going to win their 13th in a row. Josh Currie hits the open net for a new career high.

Yamamoto's head appears to be in the clouds, he's just floating out there. With so much good happening down there, he's a real concern, sticks out as a negative amongst a sea of positive.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yamamoto's head appears to be in the clouds, he's just floating out there. With so much good happening down there, he's a real concern, sticks out as a negative amongst a sea of positive.
Kid needs a full year their in a winning environment to feel better.

space321

May 11, 2011
Wouldn’t it be something if - after completely flubbing Puljujarvi - this organization actually properly developed Benson?

I mean, they properly developed Eberle, didn't they? And then promptly threw him away after one bad playoff run lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad