Babcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
1. MARLEAU - KADRI - MARNER
2. HYMAN - TAVARES - BROWN
3. KAPANEN - MATTHEWS - NYLANDER

That top line already proved they can play against top lines in tight games, not just by shutting them down but by out scoring them. If playoffs started next week this would be my goto but obviously babs can't piss off Matthews by putting him on 3rd line and Tavares by taking marner away. I would love to see these thrown together midway in a game that we are getting shut down.

I think Babs might try Willie on JT wing with Hyman.
Then have AJ and Kap between Matthews

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I agree. So WTF is the matter with them?
The differences is we have players who understand ONE point or Goal more means a few 100 grand comes contract time, while in 2016, we have players who know if they don’t play well collectively, they will be out of a job in the NHL.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Ideally I'd like to see

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Kapanen-Tavares-Marner
Lindholm-Kadri-Hyman
Leivo-Gauthier-Brown

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Side note, I really like how Babcock is cutting Hainsey's minutes compared to what he was playing last year at this time, but ideally I'd like to see more minute reduction at ES instead of SH.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That makes sense I guess. Still, if in 2016 we were able to implement a new system with little talent, it's hard to understand why we seem to having such a hard time doing so now.

Well, cause they mostly flushed away all the good soldiers to make room for the new core so the continuity isn't there.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I agree. So WTF is the matter with them?
I think it's a young super skilled thing. Their whole life they grew up being able to do what they want on the ice, so there is a learning curve.
That's why we cook them in the ahl, to learn the pro game.
That said some players never get there and float through the season. I'm sure you can think of a few. I mean not every single player in the league is a 200 foot player

Reactions: DarkKnight

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I don't care for the Egocock nickname. It's brutally unclever. If you can't rhyme, at least keep it to the same number of syllables. Mecock, or Icock, would both be better.

But you'd be much more respectable calling him Blah-blah-blab-cock. Or how 'bout Stabcock, or Grabcock, or Jabcock, or Flabcock?

But you want to say he's blinded by hubris? He thinks he knows better than Joe Leaf Fan? If against all evidence, he is too proud to admit that Joe Leaf Fan is right and the mighty Psych Flabcock is wrong, please don't call him Egocock.

It hurts my intellect.

Every nickname like this is shockingly dumb. Egocock, Cryjo, Ryan OMoney, they leave me to wonder if the vast majority of this website aren't gradeschool bullies trolling the forums in computer class.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I think this Anthrax guy is just trolling for the lol's, these guys cant be that dumb that they cant understand the TOI structure, Pk.PP, playing with the lead, etc.
Especially when it's so easy to find the even strength ice time.
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Winnipeg Jets, 2018-10-24

Matthews again leads the Leafs in EV ice time with 15:51.

Saying that, Lindholm did have a lot of EV ice time this game.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

I think there is a minute difference at even strength between the top 9 guys during the game. Babas rolled the top 3 lines with the lead and played the 4 line here and there.

Pk minutes
  • 3:10 ~ Hyman
  • 2:37 ~ Lindholm

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Lot's of PK time, very little PP time. I can't fault old Labsmock for this one tonight.
I can...I can fault him every single time 'Hyman the unskilled ' gets more ice time than two all-star centers and a winger that embarrases most Dmen in the league!No excuse! It's the same reason teams pile it on in the third against the Leafs...It's not cause they are 'bringing it' now ,it's because Bab's wants to play 'hold 'em off hockey" ,so keep playin' Hyman,instead of burying them!

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I can...I can fault him every single time 'Hyman the unskilled ' gets more ice time than two all-star centers and a winger that embarrases most Dmen in the league!No excuse! It's the same reason teams pile it on in the third against the Leafs...It's not cause they are 'bringing it' now ,it's because Bab's wants to play 'hold 'em off hockey" ,so keep playin' Hyman,instead of burying them!

Do you guys ever listen to Babcock interviews? i dont think anyone here does lol listen and learn

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Do you guys ever listen to Babcock interviews? i dont think anyone here does lol listen and learn

He doesn't practice what he preaches! Obviously! Maurice changed up the lines to try to shake things up, Bab's didn't change. Bottom line is he loves defensive guys! Don't care what he says,look at the ice time!

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He doesn't practice what he preaches! Obviously! Maurice changed up the lines to try to shake things up, Bab's didn't change. Bottom line is he loves defensive guys! Don't care what he says,look at the ice time!

Leafs 4th line played like 6 minutes, tonight?

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Leafs 4th line played like 6 minutes, tonight?
It's the never ending reliance on Hyman I don't agree with ! Will be interesting to see what the line-up looks like when Willy comes back! Hyman gonna have a top 6 role still? Gonna slide Kappy or Marleau down to Kadri,just so Hyman can maintain that zero shooting %!

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

ALL of the Leafs top 9 got virtually identical 5v5 time. Then you look at the Jets and see Scheifele with 20+ minutes. That's how you make the conference finals, you actually play your best players.

Reactions: IPS

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Marleau - - - - Kadri - - - - Brown
Goat - Lindholm - Leivo/Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad