Babcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Leafs outcoached again. I am actually glad they are going back on the road because they play better away. Given the circus around his signing and term and the fact that he is Shanahan's pet. What would it take for a change?
I heard Alain Vigneault is available?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
A bipolar group of fans on a message board to be in charge?
saying it's bipolar makes it sound like people switch back and forth between thinking he's a good coach and a bad one. that's not the case. I can't remember the last time I was impressed with his coaching ability. he's been pretty consistently underwhelming, and it's making people take greater notice of it the longer it goes

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
he won a cup a decade ago, but the league is different now. The onus is on him to prove he can adapt. Right now he's showing that he can't.
He has only ever won anything with a stacked team! His 'lunchpail' grinder attitude is overboard! Tonite,at the end of the game he stacked the lineup,I was surprised! But then he pulls the goalie on the PP...ok ,maybe cause it's early in the season,whatever!

Reactions: saffronleaf

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He has only ever won anything with a stacked team! His 'lunchpail' grinder attitude is overboard! Tonite,at the end of the game he stacked the lineup,I was surprised! But then he pulls the goalie on the PP...ok ,maybe cause it's early in the season,whatever!
Can we say that about any coach that's won a cup? I don't think those Wings team were THAT good.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Leafs outcoached again. I am actually glad they are going back on the road because they play better away. Given the circus around his signing and term and the fact that he is Shanahan's pet. What would it take for a change?
I will ask this once, this question usually stumps the person when asked ...

How was babcock out coached?

Reactions: colchar and Mork

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We're not all in the business of cheerleading, that's for sure. Too many of those around here nowadays. I don't know why I look for objective discussion in these threads. Simple minds thinks screaming "you're not an NHL coach!" justifies playing Connor Brown for 18 minutes.

Really though our problems are part coaching and part roster related.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I don't want to see him fired, but Babcock's players usages are bad. He struggles with that. He oddly does better without last line change on the road.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Im not sure he is the problem. Its a tough spot,he has to convince his stars to play defense because playoff wide open hockey wont win. So he tries to take ice time away (Only tool he has.) They lose, the star players smirk and think the coach will lose if they dont play.
Lesson not learned.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
We're not all in the business of cheerleading, that's for sure. Too many of those around here nowadays. I don't know why I look for objective discussion in these threads. Simple minds thinks screaming "you're not an NHL coach!" justifies playing Connor Brown for 18 minutes.

Really though our problems are part coaching and part roster related.
every once in a while a shitty game like today will happen and some players may get more ice time than star players... hopefully tavares,marner,matthews, get it together for next game.

Reactions: Mork

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
saying it's bipolar makes it sound like people switch back and forth between thinking he's a good coach and a bad one. that's not the case. I can't remember the last time I was impressed with his coaching ability. he's been pretty consistently underwhelming, and it's making people take greater notice of it the longer it goes

The only people taking notice are the usual fanboy haters that do it endlessly throughout the season- one big yawn.

Reactions: White Shadow

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Can we say that about any coach that's won a cup? I don't think those Wings team were THAT good.
Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk.

Now I know 3 players don't make a team, but those are 3 of the guddest pros you could ask for.

Reactions: The Big D
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad