Speculation: Babcock discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Anyone way we could change this thread to the Babcock thread and start a new one where we can discuss coaches that could actually be the Sabres coach?

radar493

Mar 26, 2015
Anyone way we could change this thread to the Babcock thread and start a new one where we can discuss coaches that could actually be the Sabres coach?

Thank you. This is becoming a gossip thread. Bulletin we don't have much else to discuss. Babcock is not coming and none of us know exactly why. Let's discuss Sabres coach search going forward.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Not officially, but multiple sources reported they were shocked.

That's not the same as calling Babcock "whiny."

Who cares if the Buffalo Media went to Toronto's presser?? The Buffalo media feels they were lied to. They felt Babcock's camp acted unethically & jerked them around to push his agenda. They are understandably pissed.

To blame the Sabres organization for what the Buffalo media is saying or doing is idiotic.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
In fairness, people who have no shame don't get embarrassed by much. I certainly thought it was embarrassing to Buffalo and the Sabres organization. I'm just hoping it's over and done with after today, and there's no more whining from the Sabres top brass. They've done nothing but whine all off season so far. They're certainly free to gripe in private - I would be - but to let all this crap out into the public after getting burned so hard, so publicly, doesn't look professional and is embarrassing all around.

And the Buffalo media just took their ***** show on the road, which is also embarrassing.

On a separate note, does anyone know much about Richardson, regarding coaching specifics? I'm reading through old articles now, trying to get a feel for him as a coach. I've been liking what I've been reading so far.

The only embarrassing aspect as been the Buffalo Media. I don't understand what BUFFALO OWNERSHIP/MANAGEMENT(KEY WORD BUFFALO OWNERSHIP/MANAGEMENT) did that was so embarrassing. Where have they whined all offseason? Where has Buffalo top brass whined? The only reporting of them has been from Buffalo media and only one or two sources have said anything about being upset, which is perfectly viable.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
Buffalo still has Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensons, Grigorenko, Zadorov, Ristolainen, Kane, etc. Toronto still sucks balls -- I'm a Leaf fan

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
In fairness, people who have no shame don't get embarrassed by much. I certainly thought it was embarrassing to Buffalo and the Sabres organization. I'm just hoping it's over and done with after today, and there's no more whining from the Sabres top brass. They've done nothing but whine all off season so far. They're certainly free to gripe in private - I would be - but to let all this crap out into the public after getting burned so hard, so publicly, doesn't look professional and is embarrassing all around.

Wait. Let me get this straight.

The only way we know the Sabres are 'whining' about Babcock is because a Buffalo News reporter (Tim Graham) said so, presumably when he talked to someone behind closed doors. Where has TM or Pegs said anything in public??

The only unprofessional party here is Graham, who broke something that was communicated to him in confidence.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Not plausible. Terry Pegula and Tim Murray have done this before. If this report is true, it just means Babcock was using us for leverage. That's business and his right. It's also understandable if Sabres are upset for this charade. I hope Terry starts to hate the Leafs like Wilson hated the Dolphins.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Toronto Fans, it is advisable you stay off this thread right now. You can use your judgement when posting, but anything that can be taken as combative or that could cause fighting between fan bases will be removed.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Wait. Let me get this straight.

The only way we know the Sabres are 'whining' about Babcock is because a Buffalo News reporter (Tim Graham) said so, presumably when he talked to someone behind closed doors. Where has TM or Pegs said anything in public??

The only unprofessional party here is Graham, who broke something that was communicated to him in confidence.

When you send information to a media member, you know what you're doing.

The unprofessional person was the person who is giving out in house info.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Why does it feel like the sabres organization is sporting two shiny black eyes right now? There is nothing substantiated here, but these past two days feel like pretty dark days for this organization.

Dark days? Have you even been awake the last 2 years? This organization is in a better spot now than it has been in for a very very long time.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It was reported that Babcock was going to make his decision on Wednesday with everyone reporting that the Leafs were out of the running. Why wouldn't the Leafs be looking at a plan B right away? They were just covering their bases.

Didn't say it was wrong. Said it was in bad form.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Dark days? Have you even been awake the last 2 years? This organization is in a better spot now than it has been in for a very very long time.

:laugh:

This Babcock crap will be forgotten as soon as we hire a coach. Until then Buffalo media will keep stirring the pot and trying to create stories.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Way too many assumptions have to be made to pass any judgements about this scenario. I'm tired of Buffalo coming up short in so many different ways over the years and I'd really like to vilify Babcock IF he acted in bad faith, but there probably won't ever be a confirmation that doesn't tilt on perception.

I just hope that if the Sabres FO is actually upset that they can keep it in the room. It might be stress relieving to call him out but right or wrong (like Murray's lottery comments) they will be taken in a bad light and I don't want anyone to perpetuate the sore lose rep about Buffalo sports anymore. I hate hearing it even if it's wrong.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
never mind just saw the mod warning
sorry i don't mean to be upsetting to anyone.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
It was reported that Babcock was going to make his decision on Wednesday with everyone reporting that the Leafs were out of the running. Why wouldn't the Leafs be looking at a plan B right away? They were just covering their bases.
Because Shanahan stated that they didn't swoop in at the end and he felt they were in it all along.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

i said "feel like", not "actually are dark days" and yes i am well aware of the situation we are actually in. My only point was that outside of our city and organization, Buffalo Media and some really outspoken fans have made everything sabres look bad and worse than they are. it seems like we have two shiny black eyes when we absolutely shouldn't.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
never mind just saw the mod warning
sorry i don't mean to be upsetting to anyone.

Don't worry about it. It's not necessarily that there's anything wrong with any posts being removed specifically, just trying to prevent a ***** fest back and forth. We're not doing it to be jerks.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Can't wait til this Babcock stuff is over. I was never enamored with him and could care less he didn't come here. After seeing his true colors I'm relieved he went to Toronto, where we can continue to utterly dominate them every year til the end of time.

Buffalo will win a division, conference Title and stanley cup years before Toronto ever will.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
When you send information to a media member, you know what you're doing.

The unprofessional person was the person who is giving out in house info.

And how did the Sabres 'send' or 'give out' information?

It's just as (if not more likely) that Graham spoke to someone in the FO and it's his interpretation of the Sabres in-house (i.e., private) reaction. He's not quoting anyone...he's stating an opinion.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
And how did the Sabres 'send' or 'give out' information?

It's just as (if not more likely) that Graham spoke to someone in the FO and it's his interpretation of the Sabres in-house (i.e., private) reaction. He's not quoting anyone...he's stating an opinion.

Graham will never say who told him that the front office was 'furious' as the minute he names a name, his source for insider info will be gone and no one will give him tidbits of info.

But, if I send a reporter a text saying that I'm not happy with how something turned out, I have to expect that if its newsworthy, there's going to be a tweet that "TehDoak's household is unhappy about this"

It's not Tim Graham's fault for talking to members of the Sabres, its the member of the Sabres who said they were pissed off and mislead that caused the mess. That's his job. Even if there was never an official comment, somebody let out info about what should have been a private negotiation.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
That's not the same as calling Babcock "whiny."

Who cares if the Buffalo Media went to Toronto's presser?? The Buffalo media feels they were lied to. They felt Babcock's camp acted unethically & jerked them around to push his agenda. They are understandably pissed.

To blame the Sabres organization for what the Buffalo media is saying or doing is idiotic.

Truth will come out eventually.

What i don't get from the Buffalo side is why the media there is assuming Buffalo mgmt is being 100% honest? Is it likely Babcock told the Sabres these are the things I would need to sign in Buffalo. Sabres appeared to meet his demands, which gave him options. He chose the status of being the Maple Leafs head coach and the opportunity to live in Toronto instead of Buffalo. Sabres now trying to sound like the victim to get sympathy from the fans instead of getting criticism for failing to land the big fish.

Devil is in the detail, but to me this sounds like the Sabres misread the situation. I could get approached by several companies for a job. I can lay out my demands. If multiple companies meet those demands, I will choose preference. Babs picked Toronto. Buffalo media sounds really bad right now IMO. But who knows, maybe proof will come out that Babcock told the Sabres he was 100% coming there and then backed out last minute

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
But, if I send a reporter a text saying that I'm not happy with how something turned out, I have to expect that if its newsworthy, there's going to be a tweet that "TehDoak's household is unhappy about this"

I doubt very much that anyone sent him a text. More likely a phone or in-person conversation where he formed an opinion rather than reported a direct quote.

It could have even been hearsay based on what Graham heard from the other Sabres beat reporters (he doesn't cover the hockey team, so it's curious why Graham was the guy who broke this).

I've got to believe that TM and Pegs are furious that Graham tweeted about an off-the-record conversation that ended up in a number of national stories. But that's par for the course with the relationship the team has with the Buffalo News sports staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad