Speculation: Babcock discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
So here goes:

Real Life:

Tim Murray: Honored to even interview Mike Babcock after finishing 30th, great process and experience.

Mike Babcock: Terry Pegula a superstar, great relationship with Tim Murray.

Media Speculation:

Tim Murray and Pegula's insulted by Babcock's choice.

Babcock is a liar and playing people.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
If anyone that thought he didn't know what he was doing listened to that they would shut the hell up.
Except the guy who said Tim Murray found out about his uncles cancer and abandoned him because he didn't want to deal with it.

How someone like that can even function is beyond me. They need to make the Internet slightly harder to get on.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I was critical of him yesterday and today. I feel stupid now. The guy is gold. I feel he will hire the right guy.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So here goes:

Real Life:

Tim Murray: Honored to even interview Mike Babcock after finishing 30th, great process and experience.

Mike Babcock: Terry Pegula a superstar, great relationship with Tim Murray.

Media Speculation:

Tim Murray and Pegula's insulted by Babcock's choice.

Babcock is a liar and playing people.

I certainly don't think several TBN writers manufactured that Buffalo was upset that they were leveraged. I'm sure they were. But Tim Murray had the absolute right response in the interview:

No problem with Babcock.
We knew he was talking with other teams
He made a choice.

Buffalo moves on. Done, done, and done.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
I certainly don't think several TBN writers manufactured that Buffalo was upset that they were leveraged. I'm sure they were.

I don't think it was fabricated as well. I get the feeling that perhaps ownership was not pleased and that is what was leaked to the media.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I don't think it was fabricated as well. I get the feeling that perhaps ownership was not pleased and that is what was leaked to the media.

The Buffalo media claim they have zero access to ownership - well, The Buffalo News claims anyway

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I don't think the people who reported we were livid yesterday were lying. Maybe their sources weren't the most informed people in the front office, or maybe Tim Murray is putting a little band aid on it so this doesn't become a distraction and we can move on to getting excited about a new coach. Either way, I bet it was a little more complicated than Babcock or Murray put it. But Murray's doing the smart thing getting out ahead of this and putting it aside. His voice will become the story now, and he's being very positive.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I don't think the people who reported we were livid yesterday were lying. Maybe their sources weren't the most informed people in the front office, or maybe Tim Murray is putting a little band aid on it so this doesn't become a distraction and we can move on to getting excited about a new coach. Either way, I bet it was a little more complicated than Babcock or Murray put it. But Murray's doing the smart thing getting out ahead of this and putting it aside. His voice will become the story now, and he's being very positive.

It doesn't matter, people will still believe the same media which we complain about having vendettas, and relaying information that is either a)overblown b)taken out of context or c) all of the above. I'm to the point where I'm not going to believe anything Buffalo's media says is true until they either have a video of what was said, or have a audio of what was said. Them "reporting" on things has really made me mistrust their "sources" from their twitter or other media outlets. I'd rather have the reporters do some homework before they go for their phone to tweet.

What was the point of reporting the Sabres were a little upset? It's not like them reporting the "reaction" by the Sabres did anything to help the situation.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Harrington turning down radio interviews via his twitter "all booked up." I am sure he is reveling in all of the attention he is getting for his **** show in TOR. :shakehead

I feel like a fool for ever having doubted TM even in the smallest bit. The guy really handled this the way it needed to be. Bitterness for Babcock is pretty much gone, too. As for the leafs...;)

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm more than a bit shocked that Shanny/Babcock/Murray were so open about the process.

It looks like Babcock just wanted to be in Toronto more, and that's where his wife/family would prefer if they moved from Detroit.

Time to move on.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Harrington turning down radio interviews via his twitter "all booked up." I am sure he is reveling in all of the attention he is getting for his **** show in TOR. :shakehead

I feel like a fool for ever having doubted TM even in the smallest bit. The guy really handled this the way it needed to be. Bitterness for Babcock is pretty much gone, too. As for the leafs...;)

Not bitter anymore. Was only mad about the allegation that we were being played, that looks like nonsense now. Toronto has enough problems, can't wait to play them though!

;)

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
Not bitter anymore. Was only mad about the allegation that we were being played, that looks like nonsense now.
Personally, I can't find it within myself to get mad over something like this even if it did happen. If Babcock decided to play the market in order to secure more money for himself and his family, more power to him. What's the problem with that? If a team convinced themselves that he was going to sign with them, and there was nothing in writing, that's the team's problem. Looks like it wasn't even the case, but even if it was... no big deal. Just a guy being smart about his pay-raise.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Wanted to drop this here:

Most Buffalo fans dislike the Buffalo News (some extremely so), and they definitely don't speak for our fan-base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad