Boston Herald B’s Have Plenty on Non-Tuukka Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
agreed friend, this kind of start isn`t one we haven`t seen from Rask before. I was far more concerned about last year`s team than this one but that loss last night was beyond frustrating and not just because I traded shifts and sacrificed $$$ to have the night off to watch it:laugh:
Rask has a 10 year track record of this - isn’t old and has a strong D infront of him and won’t have to play back to back

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Rask has a 10 year track record of this - isn’t old and has a strong D infront of him and won’t have to play back to back

agreed again. As encouraged as I am with Halak, he`s a guy that if the B`s had him as their #1 and he was getting the bulk of the starts, I`d be less than confident. I think this is an absolutely perfect scenario for him, not have to carry the weight of a team

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Well, that's an incredibly weak article. I seem to recall a lot of panicking prior to an early west coast trip last season, and they ended up winning something like 5 out of 6.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
From the article:

But if there are internal answers to this team’s questions, time is running out. If one or two don’t present themselves soon, then the B’s might have to look outside the organization to solve the problem.​

Time is running out? I didn't realize the season is half over. What I saw out of Donato last night was encouraging. Still not sure he has the strength he needs, but maybe some adjustments in positioning and technique can make up for some of the lack of strength. Bjork I still believe is going to break out at some point this season. A better option at 3C might be able to push both Donato and Bjork to start producing better. Is that 3C option already in the organization? Could be. Too early to tell. I agree that if things don't pan out at a certain point you absolutely have to make a trade to bring in help, but having a little more patience is just fine. Of course, there will be venting and worrying during the process by fans, including myself, but the big picture doesn't look so bad when you step back. Great goalie duo, deep D (Krug's absence has been very bad for the offense, and Charlie's return will be huge), best first line in the NHL, some young players who will be good in time. Bottom line for playoff success, though, is a ton hinges on players in the middle 6 developing their offensive game. Sweeney's biggest challenge will be knowing if/when he needs to pull the trigger.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
From the article:

But if there are internal answers to this team’s questions, time is running out. If one or two don’t present themselves soon, then the B’s might have to look outside the organization to solve the problem.​

Time is running out? I didn't realize the season is half over. What I saw out of Donato last night was encouraging. Still not sure he has the strength he needs, but maybe some adjustments in positioning and technique can make up for some of the lack of strength. Bjork I still believe is going to break out at some point this season. A better option at 3C might be able to push both Donato and Bjork to start producing better. Is that 3C option already in the organization? Could be. Too early to tell. I agree that if things don't pan out at a certain point you absolutely have to make a trade to bring in help, but having a little more patience is just fine. Of course, there will be venting and worrying during the process by fans, including myself, but the big picture doesn't look so bad when you step back. Great goalie duo, deep D (Krug's absence has been very bad for the offense, and Charlie's return will be huge), best first line in the NHL, some young players who will be good in time. Bottom line for playoff success, though, is a ton hinges on players in the middle 6 developing their offensive game. Sweeney's biggest challenge will be knowing if/when he needs to pull the trigger.

Just think of getting Krug and McAvoy back for starters. You’re giving up nothing for those two when they return. That’s huge. Then you have Kevan Miller also coming back in a few weeks

Then if we start seeing some production from Bjork, Heinen, Donato and yes, even Jake DeBrusk this team is in pretty good shape.

Good enough to win it all? Maybe not, but time will tell

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
That’s what you took away from that?

Where did I call Pasta a prospect? He’s listed with the “under 24 players on the roster”.

The overall point, which you missed or (more likely) chose to ignore, is that the B’s have a number of young players, prospects and pros on the roster and in the pipeline. More than enough to disqualify them for the “embarrassing” term you throw around so easily.

That's all I had time for , preparing for my son's birthday party.

Anyway you can't list Pasta among prospects , he is NOT a prospect, sorry.

You may have noticed I was referring to our forwards yet most of your list names Dmen. We are all set with Dmen, we even have to many. So I stand by what I said, our forwards , specifically Donato, Bjork, Senyshyn,Kuraly and JFK have underwhelmed. This fan was expecting more. I read on these boards how they were all can't miss prospects. Management totally blew the 2015 draft. When you go off the board like they did , you better be right , clearly they were not. Your average HF poster knew better than they did FFS.

Reactions: Strafer

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
First two goals can be blamed on the defense and poor play of Bruins forwards. Gallaghers shot had eyes on it but he should have been body check by Acciari and not left to spin and twirl into a shot. The second goal Carlo is late to the play and doesn't finish his check allowing an uncovered Domi to catch Rask moving and that goal has eyes on it too. I am not a big Rask fan but that team effort last night in their own end sux!

Lol havn't seen the game. but oh boy, what a darn bad goal given by Rask on DGalagher goal.

I know they didn't score a goal, and they seemed following posters analysis that did not play well, but that is a soft goal again against the habs.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That's all I had time for , preparing for my son's birthday party.

Anyway you can't list Pasta among prospects , he is NOT a prospect, sorry.

You may have noticed I was referring to our forwards yet most of your list names Dmen. We are all set with Dmen, we even have to many. So I stand by what I said, our forwards , specifically Donato, Bjork, Senyshyn,Kuraly and JFK have underwhelmed. This fan was expecting more. I read on these boards how they were all can't miss prospects. Management totally blew the 2015 draft. When you go off the board like they did , you better be right , clearly they were not. Your average HF poster knew better than they did FFS.

I repeat, I never said Pasta was a prospect.

What does the FO “blowing” the 2015 draft have to do with the B’s prospects being “embarrassing”? Three of the five prospects you refer to specifically weren’t even taken in 2015, one was a supposedly “blown” pick, but the other was a second rounder. Even if they did “blow” the 2015 draft (which I disagree with), they nailed the 2014 draft and did well in 2016 and 2017.

You appear to be judging the B’s prospects as a whole based on your disapproval of one draft (2015). Hope your party prep was better than your post prep ;) :laugh:

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Bergeron/Pasta/Marchand/Krejci

On pace for 394 points. COMBINED.

Not sure what your point is? Mine is highlighting how lackluster and ineffective the secondary scoring has been. Early season scoring outliers is perfectly normal and we know those 4 won't finish with 100 point just as Donato won't finish with 1 point, but that's not really the main point is it. However the issue of Bruins lack of secondary scoring has been about 5 years now. Heinen useless in almost a full season of play now. Backes is cooked. Donato needs to be in the minors. These are not immediately fixable problems that don't get masked by pointing out a ridiculous counter stat. You guys need to start living in reality. It's the same show again, beat bad team and rack up point by stacking our top line with our 3 best players (something most teams in the NHL could do) and get dumpstered by good teams.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not sure what your point is? Mine is highlighting how lackluster and ineffective the secondary scoring has been. Early season scoring outliers is perfectly normal and we know those 4 won't finish with 100 point just as Donato won't finish with 1 point, but that's not really the main point is it. However the issue of Bruins lack of secondary scoring has been about 5 years now. Heinen useless in almost a full season of play now. Backes is cooked. Donato needs to be in the minors. These are not immediately fixable problems that don't get masked by pointing out a ridiculous counter stat. You guys need to start living in reality. It's the same show again, beat bad team and rack up point by stacking our top line with our 3 best players (something most teams in the NHL could do) and get dumpstered by good teams.

Mine point is self explanatory. Figure it out.

If you wanted to point out how ineffective the secondary scoring is, why did you leave out 2/3 of the second line (Krejci and DeBrusk) which is the line counted on for the secondary scoring?

Maybe, because it didn’t fit your agenda?

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Mine point is self explanatory. Figure it out.

If you wanted to point out how ineffective the secondary scoring is, why did you leave out 2/3 of the second line (Krejci and DeBrusk) which is the line counted on for the secondary scoring?

Maybe, because it didn’t fit your agenda?

I didn't leave out Debrusk. There's no logic saying "well out top lines cores a lot" to respond to someone pointing out our secondary scoring aka the rest of the team has struggle mighty through the first 15 percent of the season and going back.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I repeat, I never said Pasta was a prospect.

What does the FO “blowing” the 2015 draft have to do with the B’s prospects being “embarrassing”? Three of the five prospects you refer to specifically weren’t even taken in 2015, one was a supposedly “blown” pick, but the other was a second rounder. Even if they did “blow” the 2015 draft (which I disagree with), they nailed the 2014 draft and did well in 2016 and 2017.

You appear to be judging the B’s prospects as a whole based on your disapproval of one draft (2015). Hope your party prep was better than your post prep ;) :laugh:

If they had picked right in 2015 we wouldn't have the problems we have today (1 line offense ) is my point. We wouldn't need any of the the prospects we're trying to squeeze some talent out of. It matters little when the prospects were drafted . We see all kinds posters clamoring for this guy or that guy to get a chance, in the end, none are getting done.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I didn't leave out Debrusk. There's no logic saying "well out top lines cores a lot" to respond to someone pointing out our secondary scoring aka the rest of the team has struggle mighty through the first 15 percent of the season and going back.

How many points did the top line score last year vs this year? The second line? If your top line is dominant enough, it can make up for a lack of secondary scoring.

If you are going to base something on an extremely small sample size, I’m not sure why I can’t use that same sample size to counter it?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but are you sure? Everything?
No

I definitely I like you prepared for your son’s birthday and I’m sure it was a great time for him, So you get an A

Much more important than the 2015 draft rehashing (I still think in the end it will grade very well)

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Jesus Christ........ 20 year old kids are finished products and if they aren't scoring 50 goals in 82 games, surely they're all busts.

Quite a spoiled fanbase we are. If everyone is not a Pastrnak or McAvoy they are busts, trade everyone for prime players that Sweeney will somehow get from teams they are producing and playing well for. Hope he studies hypnotism.

People need to step out of their own Bruins fandom and look at other teams. Teams like Minni who have learned patience and are still cheering fans despite their team being crippled by contracts.

When we are spoiled, our expectations are changed to meet those levels always. Eat steak every Friday and you will begin to expect it and get offended when you can't have it. Good fortune can sour peoples expectations. Human nature.

We have an amazing team.

Patrice Bergeron centers Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak.
Fans of other teams would kill to have that line on their team to cheer for.

We have David Krejci as a second line center, not a first. We have one of the best young wingers in the league in Jake DeBrusk. Best? How? Ask other teams fans who they really like on our team you will almost always get Pasta and DeBrusk. Donato is a sniper who is still wet behind the ears. He is a valuable project that will soon bear fruit.

We have Zdeno Chara anchoring our defense corp. We have McAvoy and Carlo in our top 4 and will for years to come.
We have offensive D like Moore, Krug, and Gryz. We also have veteran stalwarts in Miller and even Kampfer to cover when injuries inevitably knock on our door.
But wait, there is more. Vaak, Zboril, Lauzon, Andersson just on D that will push for an NHL spot next camp if not before.
We have young centers that look to be the answer up the middle after our current top 2 retires.

We have 2 solid #1 level goaltenders we can play every other game to keep them fresh all year long.

We
are
spoiled.

Count your blessings and stop looking at the rainclouds. The sun is always shining past them.

Reactions: Chief Nine

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Donato/Backes/Heinen/Debrusk

On pace for 53 points. COMBINED.

Hockey players are nothing if not inconsistent.

A player can score 30 then go the next 20 games without a single goal.

On pace rarely ever is an accurate prediction.

Plenty of players start slow and go on tears, we did it last year.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Getting a birds eye view last night on that mess was just that ,a mess. Hate to say it but the Habs where garbage but the Bruins were bigger garbage.

No passion from either team.

Price as usual was great. Rask as usual dumped in his crease, and the crowd let him know it.

Long way to go but it's painfully obvious to see this team is just not very good at all outside of the first line. Shut them down and the game becomes hopeless.

I honestly felt watching that last night there was zero chance of them coming back after the first period.

Reactions: JOKER 192

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If we did not have the expectation of winning the cup this year. How would we look at the teams performance?
We are still retooling and integrating our youth and prospects into our top heavy lineup?

If we did not have the expectation of getting into the playoffs, how would we look at the team?
We might be more interested in the development of players like DeBrusk and Donato than on winning the Atlantic.

Expectations drive perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad