Boston Herald B’s Have Plenty on Non-Tuukka Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
While most teams didn't fare as well as the Bruins did , they didn't trade away core players like Hamilton and Lucic either. Bruins traded these guys for futures so it would stand to reason that they would do better in the draft , no? Both landed them a 1st rounder in the end , if you steer off and go for reaches like they did , your going to hear it when it turns out you have ****ed it up. Whatever becomes of the players they did pick is irrelevant at this point. They are burning the best years of this teams core.

This statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Better be right or what?

You aren’t going to drink their Kool Aid? That seems to be a given already.

:laugh:

Yes, you can post whatever you want within reason. Knock yourself out crying over spilled milk. Also, this isn’t about trying to censor you. It’s about putting the Barzal talk in one thread, where it belongs.

I’m not sure if you are aware of it or not, but there are a bunch if other posters that bring up Barzal frequently. So, when you add your 2/3 posts to all the others, individually it may not seem like much, but collectively it adds up.

With all do respect I'm not buying what you selling. You engaged in a discussion starting from page 1 of this tread . If it's about the bolded why wasn't that your argument pages back ? It wasn't until our resident lawyer fed you that argument that you took it up.

Now do me favor please? Can you point me to the tread where it would be more appropriate than this one to bitch about how the FO f***ed up the 2015 draft. It is after all what caused the plenty of non Tuukka problems the Bruins have .

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Really? You don't see how both Barzal and Connor are very effective players as of last year and meanwhile our corp is aging while we wait for our picks to become ( if they ever do ) just NHL players? You don't see the wasted years of this teams corps? You don't see that while both Barzal and Connor are the same age as our picks they are already effective players that could have helped both last year and this one?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Really? You don't see how both Barzal and Connor are very effective players as of last year and meanwhile our corp is aging while we wait for our picks to become ( if they ever do ) just NHL players? You don't see the wasted years of this teams corps? You don't see that while both Barzal and Connor are the same age as our picks they are already effective players that could have helped both last year and this one?
They win the Stanley Cup in 2020 so all good

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

OK, this part makes sense. But you can do the hindsight draft stuff every year for every draft. I think the Sharks would look a fair bit better with the NHL's current leading scorer in Rantanen than they do with Timo Meier. Are San Jose fans raking Doug Wilson over the coals for that pick over and over? The argument your making about wasting the best years of the core group would apply there just as well as it does here. I just don't see how this argument is specific to the Bruins. Dallas picked 12th and Gurianov hasn't panned out. Florida picked Crouse at 11 and used him to cap dump Dave Bolland. Does their fanbase lament passing on Barzal and Connor the way we do here? It would be great to nail every single 1st round pick but it's doesn't work that way.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If I recall correctly, Debrusk was expected to be drafted in the mid-20s, so he was a bit of a reach.

That doesn't make it a reach. I hear this all the time when it comes to the draft.....in any sport. It's only a reach if (1) you take a guy a full round or more earlier than they are slated to go and (2) you have another pick either in or around that range to take them. Even then, if you wait you risk losing him to another team. If you want him, you get him. Period. The Bruins didn't have a pick in the mid-20s of that draft and he definitely wouldn't have made it to their pick in the 2nd round, so they took him when they could.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
New York Islanders Mathew Barzal Losing Faceoffs Issue

Barzal struggalin without Taveras

Pace 8 goals -56

Rask for Barzal & Lehner

Last edited:
Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
With all do respect I'm not buying what you selling. You engaged in a discussion starting from page 1 of this tread . If it's about the bolded why wasn't that your argument pages back ? It wasn't until our resident lawyer fed you that argument that you took it up.

Now do me favor please? Can you point me to the tread where it would be more appropriate than this one to ***** about how the FO ****ed up the 2015 draft. It is after all what caused the plenty of non Tuukka problems the Bruins have .

I originally posted in this thread after you called the B's prospects "an embarrassment", which I heartily disagree with. You did nothing to convince me otherwise, but I believe that Barzal came up because you wanted to show him as a shining example of why the B's prospects are embarrassing? I'm really not too sure about that and don't have the time nor energy to look it up because we aren't going to agree anyway.

Man, I'm thirsty. Must be all the Kool Aid talk?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I originally posted in this thread after you called the B's prospects "an embarrassment", which I heartily disagree with. You did nothing to convince me otherwise, but I believe that Barzal came up because you wanted to show him as a shining example of why the B's prospects are embarrassing? I'm really not too sure about that and don't have the time nor energy to look it up because we aren't going to agree anyway.

Man, I'm thirsty. Must be all the Kool Aid talk?

You didn't answer the question. Which thread is more appropriate to bitch about the 2015 draft? You tell me I need to contain it to one thread , well which one? I'm sure you can find some remote thread 4 or 5 pages in that no one posts or reads in.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
OK, this part makes sense. But you can do the hindsight draft stuff every year for every draft. I think the Sharks would look a fair bit better with the NHL's current leading scorer in Rantanen than they do with Timo Meier. Are San Jose fans raking Doug Wilson over the coals for that pick over and over? The argument your making about wasting the best years of the core group would apply there just as well as it does here. I just don't see how this argument is specific to the Bruins. Dallas picked 12th and Gurianov hasn't panned out. Florida picked Crouse at 11 and used him to cap dump Dave Bolland. Does their fanbase lament passing on Barzal and Connor the way we do here? It would be great to nail every single 1st round pick but it's doesn't work that way.

Yes we already have been over that. But this wasn't hindsight, everyone and his grandmother knew those were the wrong picks then . We didn't need to wait until now. I remember plenty of posters posting things like WTF. Not just one or two. I was embarrassed to post on the main boards where Sweeny was the laughing stock of the draft.

You , yourself admitted to not understanding the Senyshyn pick. I believe you posted earlier you didn't get then or nowe.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As a 1st liner of course, that's not what he is. He'd be a good 3rd liner though. Also ppg is nothing to laugh at either.
2018-19 projection
8 goals
97th out of 100 center face of %
42.5 % 5x5 possession
Weak defensively

Not pretty

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
2018-19 projection
8 goals
97th out of 100 center face of %
42.5 % 5x5 possession
Weak defensively

Not pretty

Like any player in the wrong role.

Also small sample size don't you think?

So pasta is going to score like 80 ish

Holy smokes!!! Hienen ,Grizz, Carlo, Moore, Miller ,Backes etc.. are going to get NO GOALS? WTF?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Like any player in the wrong role.

Also small sample size don't you think?

So pasta is going to score like 80 ish

Holy smokes!!! Hienen ,Grizz, Carlo, Moore, Miller ,Backes etc.. are going to get NO GOALS? WTF?

You asked for a thread you could complain about Barzal in. I posted one for you and yet you are still here talking about Barzal.

Why am I not surprised?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You asked for a thread you could complain about Barzal in. I posted one for you and yet you are still here talking about Barzal.

Why am I not surprised?

I asked to point me to the existing one you and you cronies referred too. I didn't ask you to create one , I'm perfectly happy here.

You shouldn't be surprised , I won't be segregated but thanks for trying.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I asked to point me to the existing one you and you cronies referred too. I didn't ask you to create one , I'm perfectly happy here.

You shouldn't be surprised , I won't be segregated but thanks for trying.

There wasn’t an existing one, so I created one, but now you won’t go there and post about Barzal. You would rather gum up this thread.

It’s not about segregation, it’s about staying on topic, and you aren’t.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
There wasn’t an existing one, so I created one, but now you won’t go there and post about Barzal. You would rather gum up this thread.

It’s not about segregation, it’s about staying on topic, and you aren’t.

But earlier you were all telling me there was. I think this one is a very appropriate one to bring it up in. It would have died long ago if you would have let it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad