Boston Herald B’s Have Plenty on Non-Tuukka Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll say what I said last November they are deep on D and have elite forward skill

I’m figuring from around November 5 to April 5 they have a top 5 record in the league

That’s 5 months

I’ll bring this back April 5 to see how I did

I’m more worried Tampa lost 7-1 to Arizona

They got serious issues. Not

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
First two goals can be blamed on the defense and poor play of Bruins forwards. Gallaghers shot had eyes on it but he should have been body check by Acciari and not left to spin and twirl into a shot. The second goal Carlo is late to the play and doesn't finish his check allowing an uncovered Domi to catch Rask moving and that goal has eyes on it too. I am not a big Rask fan but that team effort last night in their own end sux!

Reactions: 2Us2Ks1cup

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Something has to change. Someone posted the teams bruins beat and it ain't pretty. Time to start testing some new line combos and calling up some AHL players. Bakos? New center dude? Cehlarik? Fred? Cave? anyone!!!!

Reactions: Strafer

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Nothing we all haven’t said really,obviously management knows it to that’s why they tried to address it in the summer,but weren’t able to,it’s a big issue one line isn’t enough to win consistently we saw that in the playoffs last year,and have seen it against the good teaams that Bruins have played this season.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Sad but true.

What we thought was an embarrassment of riches in prospects is turning out to be just an embarrassment .

Despite a 6-3-2 record there is plenty to be concerned about with this team. They have only beat non-playoff teams. As soon as the competition goes up just a notch, they falter.

Bad decisions everywhere you look. From FO, to coaching to decisions on ice. Rask has had little success against the Habs and Price his entire career. Mean while Halak has been hot, would be motivated to beat his former team . It was just to obvious to anyone but Cassidy or whoever made that stupid decision . You gotta win the Divisional games. Cant be f***ing around experimenting.

Hate to be all doom and gloom but there is little to get excited about with this team past the 1st line.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’ll say what I said last November they are deep on D and have elite forward skill

I’m figuring from around November 5 to April 5 they have a top 5 record in the league

That’s 5 months

And as the roster is currently, it will still have an early exit come playoff time.

In-season success is like kissing your sister their not built for the playoffs and will have another early exit, unless Sweeney adds some needed depth up-front.

Its been well known the Bruins need more punch up front now for the last couple of yrs and it hasn't been addressed. Sure Sweeney went after some big name FA but he struck-out as they went elsewhere. He took a chance on Backes, Beleskey, and Nash all swings and misses as well.

I like his draft ways and building through it, but when it comes to trades and signing FA his resume stinks. He needs to make an impactful move if the Bruins are to have a chance of winning the cup. Filling seats and having a winning record in the regular season, puts money in the owners pockets but I want a Cup and that should be an Original 6 franchise, ultimate goal every Year.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sad but true.

What we thought was an embarrassment of riches in prospects is turning out to be just an embarrassment .

Despite a 6-3-2 record there is plenty to be concerned about with this team. They have only beat non-playoff teams. As soon as the competition goes up just a notch, they falter.

Bad decisions everywhere you look. From FO, to coaching to decisions on ice. Rask has had little success against the Habs and Price his entire career. Mean while Halak has been hot, would be motivated to beat his former team . It was just to obvious to anyone but Cassidy or whoever made that stupid decision . You gotta win the Divisional games. Cant be ****ing around experimenting.

Hate to be all doom and gloom but there is little to get excited about with this team past the 1st line.

Please explain the first paragraph.

I’m a Rask fan, but Halak is clearly more locked in right now. Play the better goalie.

They played MTL last night without three of their Top 6 D, and still allowed only two goals (one soft). So, please excuse me if I don’t go out on the ledge.

The B’s FO and a lot of fans don’t want to break up the 1st line, but I would prefer a more balanced attack with Heinen or Bjork with 63 and 37 and Pasta on the 2nd line with 74 and 46. I think (as a team) they would be much harder to defend that way.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Tukka needs to go it's time. Get something for him to help forward lines. Get a capable backup for Halak also. He's not worth 7 million.

Interesting stat line between Tuukka and Halak. Their career stats are near identical, despite Tuukka playing his whole career with one team and the majority of it with a defense first coach in Juilen. Tuukka with-out question has played on better teams than Halak but their stats are pretty close.

Games Played: 455 for each
Wins: Tuukka 241, Halak 235
GA : Tuukka 2.27 Halak 2.49
SO: Tuukka 41 Halak 44
SV% Tuukka 922 Halak 916

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And as the roster is currently, it will still have an early exit come playoff time.

In-season success is like kissing your sister their not built for the playoffs and will have another early exit, unless Sweeney adds some needed depth up-front.

Its been well known the Bruins need more punch up front now for the last couple of yrs and it hasn't been addressed. Sure Sweeney went after some big name FA but he struck-out as they went elsewhere. He took a chance on Backes, Beleskey, and Nash all swings and misses as well.

I like his draft ways and building through it, but when it comes to trades and signing FA his resume stinks. He needs to make an impactful move if the Bruins are to have a chance of winning the cup. Filling seats and having a winning record in the regular season, puts money in the owners pockets but I want a Cup and that should be an Original 6 franchise, ultimate goal every Year.
It’s October

They have a deep talented defense/goalie group and the best 200 foot line in hockey.

I admit I was brainwashed by my father to be patient and positive and not over react. He told me he did this on purpose because he said he knew it would serve me well.

I’m just going to watch this unfold like I did in 2011

I been on HF over 20 years and March 2011 was the most chaotic and entertaining melt down I ever saw- if Vancouver riots could translate to a message board it was that month on this board

The Bruins in March 2011 went 0-6-2 I believe over 8 games and the threads were

Thomas is not a number 1 goalie and never won a big game

Julien should be fired

Ryder & Boychuk were healthy scratches during that streak and Boychuk hockey IQ took a beating and Chiarelli eviscerated for signing Ryder.

I started a thread on the overreaction and 2 months later they were having a parade

I did pick Vancouver in 5 though in full disclosure

Bottom line is this team and organization is in a very good spot the problem Bruins fans want the Cup in October with 4 lines 3 defense and 2 goalies in place who will get names engraved

They will get 105 points and come out of East

Check back in May because now it’s My opinion against yours and as Dave Mason sung We Just Disagree

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I’m a Rask fan, but Halak is clearly more locked in right now. Play the better goalie.

They played MTL last night without three of their Top 6 D, and still allowed only two goals (one soft). So, please excuse me if I don’t go out on the ledge.

The B’s FO and a lot of fans don’t want to break up the 1st line, but I would prefer a more balanced attack with Heinen or Bjork with 63 and 37 and Pasta on the 2nd line with 74 and 46. I think (as a team) they would be much harder to defend that way.

BruinsNetwork

The outrage and impatience from some fans is quite dramatic, I’d say. Didn’t we learn our lesson last year? The Bruins started slow, didn’t look great and then pulled it together around November to go on quite the run. They finished as one of the best teams in the NHL.

The Bruins are clearly flawed, but it’s not like they lack talent.

Heinen, DeBrusk, Donato & Bjork all have the talent to score. I’d say it’s more about finding the right combinations and finally capitalizing on chances.

Heinen and Krejci should have connected on that 2-on-1 last night on the PP, but they didn’t.

Bjork and Donato should have connected for that goal last night, but Bjork jumped the line a step too soon.

Although I’d prefer a right-shot to be on 2RW, the Bruins do have plenty of players who can plug that hole, even if it does take a month for them to get going.

Heinen has looked very good next to Krejci, and DeBrusk is proving versatile as he’s at 2RW instead of 2LW.

As far as Bjork goes, I think he’s the most talented U23 player in the system under Pastrnak. Should he get a look next to Krejci? Well, I’d like to think so. His hands in-close and ability to maneuver the puck in limited space is impressive. Not to mention he’s a fantastic, quick skater.

I keep seeing that the Bruins need to acquire a “top-six winger,” but I’d make the argument that other teams in need of a “top-six winger” would be trying to acquire players like Bjork, Donato & Heinen.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

IDK seems pretty straight forward to me . The forward group of prospects aren't amounting to much we got Donato,Bjork, JFK, Senyshyn, Kuraly and so on and no one has been able to look like anything more than a JAG. Even Heinen who looked to be on his way last season seems to have regressed.

It's really nice to have a 1st line like we do but it can't stop there. There has to be more , otherwise all a team has to do is focus on those three and that is it. We can continue to beat non-playoff teams but as soon as the competition gets amped up it looks a mess.

They are targeting burn-out, retreads like Nash and Backes when it's obvious to every other GM that these guys are cooked and can't play in todays NHL. When a GM turns his back on a player (like the Bruins did with Lucic) read between the lines. There is a reason why the original team is passing on the player.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
IDK seems pretty straight forward to me . The forward group of prospects aren't amounting to much we got Donato,Bjork, JFK, Senyshyn, Kuraly and so on and no one has been able to look like anything more than a JAG. Even Heinen who looked to be on his way last season seems to have regressed.

It's really nice to have a 1st line like we do but it can't stop there. There has to be more , otherwise all a team has to do is focus on those three and that is it. We can continue to beat non-playoff teams but as soon as the competition gets amped up it looks a mess.

They are targeting burn-out, retreads like Nash and Backes when it's obvious to every other GM that these guys are cooked and can't play in todays NHL. When a GM turns his back on a player (like the Bruins did with Lucic) read between the lines. There is a reason why the original team is passing on the player.

Thanks for proving my point.

You are saying that the B’s prospects are an “embarrassment”...and then rattle off 3/4 young players (several drafted in the mid rounds) that are on the NHL roster.

Under 24 guys on the NHL roster drafted in the last 5 years:

Pasta, DeBrusk, Heinen, Donato, Bjork, McAvoy, Carlo, Grizz

Young guys in PRO that have played NHL games, or are on the cusp:

Cehlarik, Lauzon, Vaakanainen, Frederic, Vladar, Zboril, Senyshyn, Fitzgerald.

In Juniors/NCAA/Euro they have Lauko, AA, Stud, Keyser, Berglund, Swayman.

I’m not sure that the Bruin’s have anything to be embarrassed about when it comes to their prospects and young players?

As far as the other stuff, the B’s pro personnel department needs to improve on their higher profile signings. They did well with the Bottom 6 guys like Nash, Schaller, etc., but whiffed on Backes, Beleskey. However, it should be noted that both ANA and STL wanted to retain those players, but not with the term the B’s were willing to give. FWIW, I liked both signings at the time, but did think Backes was 1-2 years too long. That’s what happens when you want to sign players away from their teams and why homegrown talent is so important.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I disagree with basically everything in this post

I’m a 180 degrees in every point and refer to Glorydaze reply sums it up nicely

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Thanks for proving my point.

You are saying that the B’s prospects are an “embarrassment”...and then rattle off 3/4 young players (several drafted in the mid rounds) that are on the NHL roster.

Under 24 guys on the NHL roster drafted in the last 5 years:

Pasta, DeBrusk, Heinen, Donato, Bjork, McAvoy, Carlo, Grizz

Young guys in PRO that have played NHL games, or are on the cusp:

Cehlarik, Lauzon, Vaakanainen, Frederic, Vladar, Zboril, Senyshyn, Fitzgerald.

In Juniors/NCAA/Euro they have Lauko, AA, Stud, Keyser, Berglund, Swayman.

I’m not sure that the Bruin’s have anything to be embarrassed about when it comes to their prospects and young players?

As far as the other stuff, the B’s pro personnel department needs to improve on their higher profile signings. They did well with the Bottom 6 guys like Nash, Schaller, etc., but whiffed on Backes, Beleskey. However, it should be noted that both ANA and STL wanted to retain those players, but not with the term the B’s were willing to give. FWIW, I liked both signings at the time, but did think Backes was 1-2 years too long. That’s what happens when you want to sign players away from their teams and why homegrown talent is so important.

Clearly we have a different definition of what a prospect is . A guy like Pasta who has 265 games played is a prospect? Geez what a stretch, let me guess , Chara is prospect too.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Clearly we have a different definition of what a prospect is . A guy like Pasta who has 265 games played is a prospect? Geez what a stretch, let me guess , Chara is prospect too.

That’s what you took away from that?

Where did I call Pasta a prospect? He’s listed with the “under 24 players on the roster”.

The overall point, which you missed or (more likely) chose to ignore, is that the B’s have a number of young players, prospects and pros on the roster and in the pipeline. More than enough to disqualify them for the “embarrassing” term you throw around so easily.

Reactions: Chief Nine

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

That’s 5 months

think you said about the same last year and were correct. Eerie how this team has shown some similar issues to begin this year as last outside of, I believe their record which is far more promising compared to last year where I think after about the same number of games they were sub .500

Injuries, depth was challenged as there seemed to be chemistry issues, Tuukka struggling etc...

One thing that I hope is that the kids start to produce, saw a nice game from Donato and Bjork IMO last night, Debrusk and Heinen have been playing better but the B`s need these kids to produce.

Like to see more from Moore but also understanding that the adjustment period surely takes more than a training camp and 1/8th of a season.

The loss last night was terribly frustrating and I recall a few losses to the Habs over the years where many would absolutely hammer Claude for a dud of a game on national television vs their most hated opponent. Honestly, wasn`t much of a fan of Cassidy`s last night either, I didn`t see any change to the approach during the course of the game. It was clear what the Habs were doing defensively yet the boys just kept trying to do the exact same thing over and over again expecting different results.

And while I understand the frustration with Backes when he`s in the lineup, he and Heinen and literally the only guys who stand in front of the net and try to make life tough for opposing goalies, the rest of the boys all start in front, then once the shot is let go, they shift to the side just enough so the goalie gets a clear view as they try to tip it, not good enough.

They`ll be fine, but a Saturday night game on national TV vs the Habs and that`s the effort? Ugly

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Sad but true.

Bad decisions everywhere you look. From FO, to coaching to decisions on ice. Rask has had little success against the Habs and Price his entire career. Mean while Halak has been hot, would be motivated to beat his former team . It was just to obvious to anyone but Cassidy or whoever made that stupid decision . You gotta win the Divisional games. Cant be ****ing around experimenting.

Jesus Christ........ 20 year old kids are finished products and if they aren't scoring 50 goals in 82 games, surely they're all busts.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
think you said about the same last year and were correct. Eerie how this team has shown some similar issues to begin this year as last outside of, I believe their record which is far more promising compared to last year where I think after about the same number of games they were sub .500

Injuries, depth was challenged as there seemed to be chemistry issues, Tuukka struggling etc...

One thing that I hope is that the kids start to produce, saw a nice game from Donato and Bjork IMO last night, Debrusk and Heinen have been playing better but the B`s need these kids to produce.

Like to see more from Moore but also understanding that the adjustment period surely takes more than a training camp and 1/8th of a season.

The loss last night was terribly frustrating and I recall a few losses to the Habs over the years where many would absolutely hammer Claude for a dud of a game on national television vs their most hated opponent. Honestly, wasn`t much of a fan of Cassidy`s last night either, I didn`t see any change to the approach during the course of the game. It was clear what the Habs were doing defensively yet the boys just kept trying to do the exact same thing over and over again expecting different results.

And while I understand the frustration with Backes when he`s in the lineup, he and Heinen and literally the only guys who stand in front of the net and try to make life tough for opposing goalies, the rest of the boys all start in front, then once the shot is let go, they shift to the side just enough so the goalie gets a clear view as they try to tip it, not good enough.

They`ll be fine, but a Saturday night game on national TV vs the Habs and that`s the effort? Ugly
I did and found the post BUT they ended up better then I wrote

I never saw them lose live in the regular season so my opinion was based on a lot of positive things

Healthy this team is top 5 in my judgement in the backend including goalies

Rask is notorious streak player and when he gets in that zone behind that D and that top line they can run off 13 wins in 15 games and that’s what will happen

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I did and found the post BUT they ended up better then I wrote

I never saw them lose live in the regular season so my opinion was based on a lot of positive things

Healthy this team is top 5 in my judgement in the backend including goalies

Rask is notorious streak player and when he gets in that zone behind that D and that top line they can run off 13 wins in 15 games and that’s what will happen

agreed friend, this kind of start isn`t one we haven`t seen from Rask before. I was far more concerned about last year`s team than this one but that loss last night was beyond frustrating and not just because I traded shifts and sacrificed $$$ to have the night off to watch it:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad