Boston Herald B’s Have Plenty on Non-Tuukka Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
There is a huge difference between constructive criticism (which I have zero problem with) and bringing up passing on Barzal every 5 minutes.

The other difference is that things like drafting McAvoy, signing Pasta, and hiring Cassidy are all things that actually happened to the B's. So was signing Backes. If you want to discuss the impact that has had on the team, do it until the cows come home.

The B's didn't draft Barzal, so anything after that is pure speculation. While it's likely he would have been successful in Boston, there is no way to tell that for sure because of the players (specifically centers) the B's already had. If people want to ***** about it, great, but keep it to a single thread instead of having it permeate nearly every thread on the ****ing board.

This tread is about the non Tuukka problems the Bruins have. Particularly top 6 right winger and 3rd line Center. How is it not appropriate to bring up the Bruins management passing on Barzal in this tread (who would have fit perfectly in that role) when it is probably the single biggest issue with this team.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This tread is about the non Tuukka problems the Bruins have. Particularly top 6 right winger and 3rd line Center. How is it not appropriate to bring up the Bruins management passing on Barzal in this tread (who would have fit perfectly in that role) when it is probably the single biggest issue with this team.

The B’s didn’t draft Barzal, he never was a Bruin, so what’s the point? If it was some sort of hot take that you just came up with that would be different, but the Barzal thing has been beaten to death...twice.

Dealing Seguin, a guy that actually was a Bruin, is a RH shot that could play C/RW, and is much more of a “sure thing” than Barzal, is more of a talking point than Barzal imo.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

So what is the sense about moaning about Barzal again and again? We didnt draft him and he wont walk through this door anytime soon. I am with Glorydaze in this point. Limit the crying about to Barzal to one thread. Some people want to focus their energy on the future and the purpose on fixing the problems, not on wasting it with talking about the past over and over again. That wont put Barzal in black and gold.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
The B’s didn’t draft Barzal, he never was a Bruin, so what’s the point? If it was some sort of hot take that you just came up with that would be different, but the Barzal thing has been beaten to death...twice.

Dealing Seguin, a guy that actually was a Bruin, is a RH shot that could play C/RW, and is much more of a “sure thing” than Barzal, is more of a talking point than Barzal imo.
In my opinion, both things are legitimate things to criticize the management about.

Trading Seguin isn't the worst part, it's the return and the fact that we literally the turned him into nothing. That's pretty bad management even it was two different GM's.

He would fit what this team needs right now. And it's criminal we moved him for what we did.

Reactions: Estlin

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
In my opinion, both things are legitimate things to criticize the management about.

Trading Seguin isn't the worst part, it's the return and the fact that we literally the turned him into nothing. That's pretty bad management even it was two different GM's.

He would fit what this team needs right now. And it's criminal we moved him for what we did.

I completely agree with the Seguin stuff. I have been on record for some time that it wasn’t dealing him, it was the awful return that hurt the B’s.

My point was more that discussing Seguin at this point in time is kind of pointless...and he was ACTUALLY PART OF THE TEAM. Barzal was never here and as unfortunate as it is that the B’s didn’t draft him, why harp on it continually?

As I said earlier, we can literally look at every draft and bemoan missed players if we want. Maybe we can start a thread called, “B’s biggest Draft Whiffs”, and people can talk about players like Barzal, Parise, Connor, Chabot, Getzlaf, Faulk, Toffoli, and others the B’s passed on until their hearts content?

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I completely agree with the Seguin stuff. I have been on record for some time that it wasn’t dealing him, it was the awful return that hurt the B’s.

My point was more that discussing Seguin at this point in time is kind of pointless...and he was ACTUALLY PART OF THE TEAM. Barzal was never here and as unfortunate as it is that the B’s didn’t draft him, why harp on it continually?

As I said earlier, we can literally look at every draft and bemoan missed players if we want. Maybe we can start a thread called, “B’s biggest Draft Whiffs”, and people can talk about players like Barzal, Parise, Connor, Chabot, Getzlaf, Faulk, Toffoli, and others the B’s passed on until their hearts content?

As long as all the hand wringing about missed picks stays there, I'm all for it! That'll be an ignored thread for me for sure

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Some of you can't accept that this isn't just having a pick and missing on a guy.

They had 3 straight chances to take him, and passed to go off the board all 3 times.

Only 1 of the 3 is looking like a good NHL'er.

Fact is that draft has cost the team dearly. That is not debateable and isn't moaning or Monday morning QB'ing

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Some of you can't accept that this isn't just having a pick and missing on a guy.

They had 3 straight chances to take him, and passed to go off the board all 3 times.

Fact is that draft has cost the team dearly. That is not debateable and isn't moaning or Monday morning QB'ing

I absolutely can accept it because I know that the draft has it own rules. You lose some you win some. The surest picks become the biggest busts and the other way. Of course I would like us to have Barzal in the lineup but I am sure that there are lot of teams that would love to have Pasta and Charlie, even more that they would love to have Barzal.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
So what is the sense about moaning about Barzal again and again? We didnt draft him and he wont walk through this door anytime soon. I am with Glorydaze in this point. Limit the crying about to Barzal to one thread. Some people want to focus their energy on the future and the purpose on fixing the problems, not on wasting it with talking about the past over and over again. That wont put Barzal in black and gold.

With all due respect, I really struggle with a poster telling me what I can and can not post. There are rules in place for this site. The mods do an excellent and thankless job enforcing them. This tread is about the issues the Bruins have on their roster. It is more than fair to point out that passing on Barzal was a colossal mistake as it would very likely solve at least the most glaring issue. It would end there if it wasn't for posters like yourself and others that want to sensor others. Some of us here aren't drinking the Kool-Aid. We won't be stifled.

If you don't like what I post you can use the ignore feature. Personally I don't bother with that, everyone will eventually say something I agree with. I start reading , when the poster posts something I disagree with I will either respond to that effect or just move on with out finishing the post. If I agree I will like the post and maybe even support his/her point of view if I feel I can. I will never take the position that he can't post that.

It's not like I have posted on Barzal endlessly , If I'm not mistaken this was the second time I did. Posters trying to stop me from doing it allows for pages full of the same thing over and over again.

When they made those picks it raised many an eyebrow. Some started drinking the Kool-Aid right away. Most took the we'll wait and see nad you better be right approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreghorn2

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Sure, there are other problems, but we know Rask is one of them. So why not address it? In fact, addressing THAT problem may help address the others.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
This tread is about the non Tuukka problems the Bruins have. Particularly top 6 right winger and 3rd line Center.

I would love to see the Bruins buy low on some good young players who haven't proven themselves to fight for those roles and prove themselves by playoff time.

But maybe we could give the ones we have a few more weeks first.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
With all due respect, I really struggle with a poster telling me what I can and can not post. There are rules in place for this site. The mods do an excellent and thankless job enforcing them. This tread is about the issues the Bruins have on their roster. It is more than fair to point out that passing on Barzal was a colossal mistake as it would very likely solve at least the most glaring issue. It would end there if it wasn't for posters like yourself and others that want to sensor others. Some of us here aren't drinking the Kool-Aid. We won't be stifled.

If you don't like what I post you can use the ignore feature. Personally I don't bother with that, everyone will eventually say something I agree with. I start reading , when the poster posts something I disagree with I will either respond to that effect or just move on with out finishing the post. If I agree I will like the post and maybe even support his/her point of view if I feel I can. I will never take the position that he can't post that.

It's not like I have posted on Barzal endlessly , If I'm not mistaken this was the second time I did. Posters trying to stop me from doing it allows for pages full of the same thing over and over again.

When they made those picks it raised many an eyebrow. Some started drinking the Kool-Aid right away. Most took the we'll wait and see nad you better be right approach.

Better be right or what?

You aren’t going to drink their Kool Aid? That seems to be a given already.

:laugh:

Yes, you can post whatever you want within reason. Knock yourself out crying over spilled milk. Also, this isn’t about trying to censor you. It’s about putting the Barzal talk in one thread, where it belongs.

I’m not sure if you are aware of it or not, but there are a bunch if other posters that bring up Barzal frequently. So, when you add your 2/3 posts to all the others, individually it may not seem like much, but collectively it adds up.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

Nobody said that they dont think missing on Barzal was huge error. The difference is that some know when that horse has been beaten to death and bringing this topic again and again wont change anything. Its been three years since the draft. The other thing is that some of this posters were very fast to declare those three taken busts. I remember very well those names like "DeBust" ...

It doesnt matter if you brought it up the first or hundreth time. The topic is what is going on some nerves .. Its your thing that you like to pick out the negativity and I know there is a reason why there are a lot of less pages on the post game threads when the Bruins win then when they loose. For me I am more a kind of a the glas is half full guy and look to the future and not in the distant past to improve the team.

Yeah you cannot thank the moderators more than enough for their unthankfull job. Posters spaming every other thread about Lucic and Barzal is giving them a full time job ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Can we start a “player discussion” Mat barzal thread for this board and all the lovers can go in there and slobber over him and bitch and whine about how he isn’t here.

Then you ban anyone who talks about him elsewhere. Everyone wins.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

But they didn't. Zboril and Debrusk by most publications were ranked right in that range where Bruins took them.

That draft that cost them so dearly has already resulted in a 2nd line winger in Debrusk, and a Top 4 RD in Carlo. Jeremy Lauzon in his two games since his recall showed enough to say it will be surprising if he doesn't play in the NHL full-time at some point and probably for a long time.

Did you know that in terms of total NHL games played to date from the 2015 draft, the Bruins sit FOURTH in the entire league with 253 NHL games. (behind Carolina (414) Philly (346), and CBJ (319). That same draft you say cost them so dearly.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
But they didn't. Zboril and Debrusk by most publications were ranked right in that range where Bruins took them.

That draft that cost them so dearly has already resulted in a 2nd line winger in Debrusk, and a Top 4 RD in Carlo. Jeremy Lauzon in his two games since his recall showed enough to say it will be surprising if he doesn't play in the NHL full-time at some point and probably for a long time.

Did you know that in terms of total NHL games played to date from the 2015 draft, the Bruins sit FOURTH in the entire league with 253 NHL games. (behind Carolina (414) Philly (346), and CBJ (319). That same draft you say cost them so dearly.

If I recall correctly, Debrusk was expected to be drafted in the mid-20s, so he was a bit of a reach.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Jake DeBrusk and Jboril were late 1st rounders on most lists. You can argue the Bruins were looking for a LHD and in that case Zboril was the consensus pick.

Carlo and Lauzon were second rounders that have nothing to do with blowing the 1st round picks.

Wouldn't it be great if they were 1st? If they chosen correctly they would have blown away the competition. Nobody bitched about taking Carlo at 37 or Lauzon at 52.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If I recall correctly, Debrusk was expected to be drafted in the mid-20s, so he was a bit of a reach.

Could of been, without looking I thought most had him in that 15-early 20 range, so you may be right.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Jake DeBrusk and Jboril were late 1st rounders on most lists. You can argue the Bruins were looking for a LHD and in that case Zboril was the consensus pick.

Carlo and Lauzon were second rounders that have nothing to do with blowing the 1st round picks.

Wouldn't it be great if they were 1st? If they chosen correctly they would have blown away the competition. Nobody *****ed about taking Carlo at 37 or Lauzon at 52.

As I said in the last post, I thought Debrusk was in that 15-early 20 range.

But Zboril was not even close to a late 1st rounder in any lists that I can recall. He was solidly in the range where he was taken.

You can whine about blowing 1st rounders all day, fact is the Bruins got two pretty good NHL players out of that draft, more than most teams. And we don't know yet if anyone else will emerge. I find it better to look at the entire draft as a whole than just focusing on 1st rounders. Sure it could of been a lot better, but it's far from a disaster for the Bruins, and a heck of a lot worse for many other teams, some who have nothing to show for that vaunted draft yet.

The Barzal debate to me I don't even include Zboril and Debrusk. Those were fairly consensus safe picks. Those I get. The Senyshyn pick is the one that I really didn't get then, and get it even less now.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
As I said in the last post, I thought Debrusk was in that 15-early 20 range.

But Zboril was not even close to a late 1st rounder in any lists that I can recall. He was solidly in the range where he was taken.

You can whine about blowing 1st rounders all day, fact is the Bruins got two pretty good NHL players out of that draft, more than most teams. And we don't know yet if anyone else will emerge. I find it better to look at the entire draft as a whole than just focusing on 1st rounders. Sure it could of been a lot better, but it's far from a disaster for the Bruins, and a heck of a lot worse for many other teams, some who have nothing to show for that vaunted draft yet.

The Barzal debate to me I don't even include Zboril and Debrusk. Those were fairly consensus safe picks. Those I get. The Senyshyn pick is the one that I really didn't get then, and get it even less now.

While most teams didn't fare as well as the Bruins did , they didn't trade away core players like Hamilton and Lucic either. Bruins traded these guys for futures so it would stand to reason that they would do better in the draft , no? Both landed them a 1st rounder in the end , if you steer off and go for reaches like they did , your going to hear it when it turns out you have f***ed it up. Whatever becomes of the players they did pick is irrelevant at this point. They are burning the best years of this teams core.

Reactions: KrejciMVP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->