Boston Herald B’s Have Plenty on Non-Tuukka Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The kids need to help if they don't this is a short playoff run simple. Donato heinan and Bjork need to step up.
When I was a teen I watched the Bruins impatiently dump future 50 and 60 goal scorers like Reggie Leach, Al Secord, and Rick McLeish for short term gain - core guys like Geoff Courtnall, Brad McCrimmon, Ivan Boldeliev, Jimmy Lorentz and another very good group as add ins and poor returns

Just like our children some develop sooner than others and I see promise and big upside in all these guys

Just curios don Godfather you are an in the moment screw the future guy I have deduced ? Any kids ?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
When I was a teen I watched the Bruins impatiently dump future 50 and 60 goal scorers like Reggie Leach, Al Secord, and Rick McLeish for short term gain - core guys like Geoff Courtnall, Brad McCrimmon, Ivan Boldeliev, Jimmy Lorentz and another very good group as add ins and poor returns

Just like our children some develop sooner than others and I see promise and big upside in all these guys

Just curios don Godfather you are an in the moment screw the future guy I have deduced ? Any kids ?
Not sure about The Don there but in the moment I’d like them to get Bergeron some veteran help that can put the biscuit in the basket. If t-Rex arms Heinen has to go somewhere else for that to happen super duper.

I say this for Bergeron sake before he either A. Dies on the f***ing ice because they rely on him so much.

Or B. Asks himself what the f*** he’s doing this for to flame out in the first or second round each year and says get me out of here.

I mildly jest about A. B becomes more of a reality every year that goes by where Sweeney ends the summer with his hands in the air saying well whaddya do!?!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We are fine the league is littered with bad teams and its a long season. The first line will carry this team and the rest of the forwards are servicable. Blue line is deep.

Rask is fine and his deal isn't too long I am happy to have 2 solid options in net. I don't give a f*** about Tuukkas feelings though in any way shape or form he can deal with being in a 50-50 split or even being backup. No way I move him unless a really really good forward comes back. We aren't in cap hell right now.

I'm worried about the playoffs because these guys haven't been interested in working into May in the last 5+ years but that is it. That criticism applies to everyone even guys who can't be questioned on here who wear letters.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure about The Don there but in the moment I’d like them to get Bergeron some veteran help that can put the biscuit in the basket. If t-Rex arms Heinen has to go somewhere else for that to happen super duper.

I say this for Bergeron sake before he either A. Dies on the ****ing ice because they rely on him so much.

Or B. Asks himself what the **** he’s doing this for to flame out in the first or second round each year and says get me out of here.

I mildly jest about A. B becomes more of a reality every year that goes by where Sweeney ends the summer with his hands in the air saying well whaddya do!?!
It’s October and the Bruins were top 5 in NHL power ranking while
Opening on road against Washington, Buffalo, and Edmonton

A western Canada trip

Missing 3 of top 6 D including a first pair in McAvoy and their top PP QB, and key PK contributor

This place is as much amusing as it is informative

Every game a referendum on the team

Every rookie on the shortest leash made and picked apart more than I biology frog

From November 5- April 5 coveting 5 months the Bruins will be top 5 in points

This Cup stuff is a joke talk

All the handwringing posters here please link me your October HF thread declaring the Washington Capitals the Cup champs

I’ll even give you a Sunday special - one of two

Vegas would win 2 rounds let alone the Cup Finals

Just asshatish Don ‘swing in a miss’ Sweeney has to have a f***ing Main Board approved June Cup winning lineup by Halloween our Kit Kay’s won’t taste as good

Folks

Deep breathing

Find a quiet place

Relax the body

Still the mind

Count to 4 as you inhale

Hold

Exhale on two

Clear the mind - let distractions fade away

Plant seeds of thought

Donny will deliver a Cup

The prospects will develop into fine NHL players

I am releasing Matt Barzal from my subconscious

Do this for 5 -10 minutes each night

I guarantee you, you guys will soon make sense here

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It’s October and the Bruins were top 5 in NHL power ranking while
Opening on road against Washington, Buffalo, and Edmonton

A western Canada trip

Missing 3 of top 6 D including a first pair in McAvoy and their top PP QB, and key PK contributor

This place is as much amusing as it is informative

Every game a referendum on the team

Every rookie on the shortest leash made and picked apart more than I biology frog

From November 5- April 5 coveting 5 months the Bruins will be top 5 in points

This Cup stuff is a joke talk

All the handwringing posters here please link me your October HF thread declaring the Washington Capitals the Cup champs

I’ll even give you a Sunday special - one of two

Vegas would win 2 rounds let alone the Cup Finals

Just asshatish Don ‘swing in a miss’ Sweeney has to have a ****ing Main Board approved June Cup winning lineup by Halloween our Kit Kay’s won’t taste as good

Folks

Deep breathing

Find a quiet place

Relax the body

Still the mind

Count to 4 as you inhale

Hold

Exhale on two

Clear the mind - let distractions fade away

Plant seeds of thought

Donny will deliver a Cup

The prospects will develop into fine NHL players

I am releasing Matt Barzal from my subconscious

Do this for 5 -10 minutes each night

I guarantee you, you guys will soon make sense here
I’d imagine people would have a little more patience with the Bruins if they hadn’t seen the same song and dance last year, specifically in regards to scoring depth, goaltending and not playing like fairies the second a game gets mildly physical.

Their defence is fine. It’s a fine defence.

They have too much sameness in their forward group. Particularly the cream puff kind.

If they win out this year I’ll happily apologize for my thoughts on them having witnessed the same group for the better part of a year now.

As for the power rankings you and I both know that’s fluff for clicks. Who gives a flying fart whatbthe power rankings are at any point in a season

Last edited:
Reactions: JOKER 192

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
No

I definitely I like you prepared for your son’s birthday and I’m sure it was a great time for him, So you get an A

Much more important than the 2015 draft rehashing (I still think in the end it will grade very well)

Thanks, if I may say so my self I deserve 1. Like to you, it is way more important to me than the 2015 draft. Though I don't know how you can put to print what you wrote in brackets. That ship has already sailed and it sunk like the Titanic . With all due respect, and for the record, I love your posts, even though I disagree with most of them. The sheer enthusiasm in them sells me every time.

P.S. The preparing for the birthday party wasn't in the post you quoted but thanks just the same. I get the gist.

Reactions: DKH

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
not buying it.
they are a solid team.
if tuukka doesnt puke up that first goal its most likely a different feeling this morning and we woukd be 7-2-2.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. But she doesn't and Tuukka did puke up that goal as expected so if ,if, if. But there is no if, because it happened and you can't unring that bell.

Reactions: Strafer

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If we did not have the expectation of winning the cup this year. How would we look at the teams performance?
We are still retooling and integrating our youth and prospects into our top heavy lineup?

If we did not have the expectation of getting into the playoffs, how would we look at the team?
We might be more interested in the development of players like DeBrusk and Donato than on winning the Atlantic.

Expectations drive perception.

At this pace our "top heavy lineup" will be dead and buried before we see a spark out of any of these guys.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Jesus Christ........ 20 year old kids are finished products and if they aren't scoring 50 goals in 82 games, surely they're all busts.

They haven't figured out how to tie their skates yet.

Also Donato, Bjork , JFK ALL 22 yrs old, 23 for Blidh and Cehlarik . Do you know who is 21, not on this team, and preforming? Bingo, 2015 draftees Barzal and Connor, but it's OK cause DKH says in the long run we made the better picks.

THIS.........................IS ............................THE .........................DEFINITION ..................................OF ........................................f***ING......................................INSANITY.

Last edited:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
The lack center depth (3C options) and natural RW's was there in the off-season. I don't doubt they tried to address it, but I can't help but feel there was a lot of hoping and praying going on. The expectation that one of Studnika, Frederic, or JFK would run with the #3C position was a little lofty.... They kids are good. They need support though and can't expect them to run the ship when it comes to secondary offense.

Donato and Bjork would look a lot more comfortable as 3rd fiddles on a scoring line. Should be learning and playing off of others.

I feel like a lot of the troubles upfront would be fixed by finding a 2nd or 3rd line center. A secondary scoring C. Even if it means pushing Krejci down or breaking up the top line. It seems as though a lot of teams are in the same boat though. C's and D. Never changes. Ideally you address it in the off-season.

As for the current struggles. I'm not sure there is much you can do when missing the likes of McAvoy, Krug, Miller. Especially the former two. The type of skill sets you can't really patch and plug.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
My biggest issue with the team so far is they look like the same club that was run out of the barn in five game by Tampa. Lots of smaller players that are not effective "grindy" players when the situation calls for it.

The MTL loss bother me because I care, and I want them to care about those rivalry games, especially the Habs.

On a positive note much more D depth this year which is a great thing.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Remember the Seguin trade? The Thornton trade?

Can the Bruins do that again... but be on the opposite side of those kinda deals?

What other team or GM would do a quantity for quality deal in favor of the Bruins?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Here's the issue.

Lines 2-4 over the span of 11 games have scored a grand total of 9 goals at even strength, and if you remove the Detriot blowout game, it's 5 total goals at even strength for lines 2-4. Chara is two of those goals, so the forwards have scored 7 even strength goals in 11 games on lines 2-4.

We're getting less than a goal/game out of 3 lines on the team.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
The sense in this corner is that the Bruins will look outside the organization, because no internal candidates have claimed either 3 C or top six wing.

The lack center depth (3C options) and natural RW's was there in the off-season. I don't doubt they tried to address it, but I can't help but feel there was a lot of hoping and praying going on. The expectation that one of Studnika, Frederic, or JFK would run with the #3C position was a little lofty.... They kids are good. They need support though and can't expect them to run the ship when it comes to secondary offense..

The lack of a third-line center and a top-six RW are self-inflicted wounds. Boston could have drafted you-know-who in 2015, and he would be the team's #2 or #3 C right now, while the other Cs in the system (JFK, Frederic and Studnicka) would be given even more time and patience to develop. What about having drafted Frederic instead of Debrincat in 2016? While I like Frederic as a prospect and think that he has good future here, it sure would be nice to have the scoring prowess of Debrincat, who is a right-shot RW.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
We are laying in the bed Sweeney made from summer 2015 to summer 2016. That's where he basically lost control.

I'll start by saying that unquestionably, his best move was hiring Cassidy. Cassidy is a huge reason the 1st line is the best line in hockey. Cassidy has gotten the absolute most out of this squad, and Sweeney needs to be commended for that. We get to watch fun hockey thanks to the coach.

All the rest, Sweeney only has himself to blame for that 1 calendar year we're still digging out from:

June 27th 2015, the draft that changed the Bruins for a decade
July 1st 2015, the horror show trade of Riley Smith for Hayes
July 1st 2015, throws all that money at Beleskey
July 1st 2016, the Backes debacle which makes Belesekey look good

The little stuff in between there is fine, I'm not going to split hairs. If Sweeney doesn't make those moves for a bunch of "big" stiffs, and drafts pretty textbook in 2015, this is a totally different era of Bruins hockey. It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

The league has so much parity now that you can't take all those strikes. And we really have to be thankful that Cassidy can cover up as much as he does. Claude wasn't able to. Our greatness lies in the hands of 3 players Sweeney inherited that keep us in every game. I will give him credit for how he resigned them though. Fair is fair.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Also Donato, Bjork , JFK ALL 22 yrs old, 23 for Blidh and Cehlarik . Do you know who is 21, not on this team, and preforming? Bingo, 2015 draftees Barzal and Connor, but it's OK cause DKH says in the long run we made the better picks.

THIS.........................IS ............................THE .........................DEFINITION ..................................OF ........................................****ING......................................INSANITY.

I take it the party is over? :laugh:

I hate to break this to you, but you can go to any draft in any sport and find teams that whiffed on prospects and passed on guys who later became stars.

Instead of crying like a baby over spilled milk, why not worry about the team the B’s actually have and how they can improve it?

So much wasted energy.

Reactions: Chief Nine

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
We are laying in the bed Sweeney made from summer 2015 to summer 2016. That's where he basically lost control.

I'll start by saying that unquestionably, his best move was hiring Cassidy. Cassidy is a huge reason the 1st line is the best line in hockey. Cassidy has gotten the absolute most out of this squad, and Sweeney needs to be commended for that. We get to watch fun hockey thanks to the coach.

All the rest, Sweeney only has himself to blame for that 1 calendar year we're still digging out from:

June 27th 2015, the draft that changed the Bruins for a decade
July 1st 2015, the horror show trade of Riley Smith for Hayes
July 1st 2015, throws all that money at Beleskey
July 1st 2016, the Backes debacle which makes Belesekey look good

The little stuff in between there is fine, I'm not going to split hairs. If Sweeney doesn't make those moves for a bunch of "big" stiffs, and drafts pretty textbook in 2015, this is a totally different era of Bruins hockey. It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

The league has so much parity now that you can't take all those strikes. And we really have to be thankful that Cassidy can cover up as much as he does. Claude wasn't able to. Our greatness lies in the hands of 3 players Sweeney inherited that keep us in every game. I will give him credit for how he resigned them though. Fair is fair.
Forgot everything even with the horrid signings of belesky and backes bad trades . If Donny just drafted Barzal or connor we were set for 10 yrs and we have 2 powerful lines. That one miss ruined our chance for cup. He was arrogant that June night when he went on that podium I'll never forget.

Reactions: Fenian24

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Forgot everything even with the horrid signings of belesky and backes bad trades . If Donny just drafted Barzal or connor we were set for 10 yrs and we have 2 powerful lines. That one miss ruined our chance for cup. He was arrogant that June night when he went on that podium I'll never forget.

It's all ruined now. We won't win a cup again until 2050. Might as well stop watching the Bruins. I don't know about you, but I will feel blessed if I live till 2050.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

THIS.........................IS ............................THE .........................DEFINITION ..................................OF ........................................****ING......................................INSANITY.

Donato = 22 career NHL games
Bjork = 39 career NHL games
JFK = 1 career NHL game

The other two, I couldn't care less about. Cehlarik has 17 career NHL games. Anton Blidh? What BS caused you to pull that name out of your ass? Anton Blidh is not a top anything for this team lmfao.Are you aware that Connor's first 20 NHL games, he put up 5 points? Connor actually started last year in the AHL as well, before coming up.

Your whining is laughable and off base. Color me shocked!

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad