GDT: Az @ ana 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Getzlaf makes a MAJOR error to cost us the game. His post-game quotes, as always, show NO ownership.

Woke up pissed off and noticed the same thing. It's infuriating, but I don't know if I'm still just overreacting to an unfortunate play while still pissed off. Whatever it is, it was an unnecessary play.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I was only referring to when Getzlaf was injured.

I know it isn't much, but c'mon. Don't get the new guy an A.

Who's to say Bieksa isn't a major part of the leadership group?

It really doesn't matter a whole lot. As Teemu proved for years, you don't need a letter to lead. I also have zero issue with a new guy getting a letter. Koivu was given an A upon arrival, as was Pronger(taking it from Teemu, no less), and Fedorov. Hell, Nieds got the C upon arrival, again taking it away from someone else.

It's mostly symbolic or strategic. Makes sense to have an A on a guy who will be out there over 7 minutes more per game than Cogs. You know whose letter makes little sense from a strategic POV? Perry.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
That's very true. But I don't think it matters much anymore. This team won't sniff a cup again until well after their contracts expire.
I wouldn't say well after their contracts expire, but I think the reality of this team not winning a cup with Getz and Perry in their primes is a lot closer than some are willing to admit.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
We make every opposing goalie look like a world beater. The hot goalie spin is getting old.

I often watch hockey with a nice fan and he always remarks how dominant the opposing goalie looks.

Don't let a couple wins fool you. This team has now proven they have major scoring holes. Imo this season is dead unless we have personnel changes.

Oct 18, 2011
you hope at some point getzlaf stops being so careless with the puck in OT and learns a lesson...otherwise you just can't play him, this isn't the first time he did something stupid there.

and yeah bieksa's minutes are a joke, why can't this team see him for what he is? maybe BB is doing this on purpose to show murray bieksa is not what they thought he was

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The Bieksa disaster (no hyperbole, it is a complete disaster of a contract) is on Murray. He continues to sign these old defensemen to long deals instead of ponying up and paying Someone in their prime for example Stralman a few years back. It's infuriating

But yeah, lol at Boudreau for rolling him out there 24 minutes a game. That's a borderline fireable offense to play Bieksa more minutes than Fowler and Vatanen are getting...

Oct 18, 2011
one other thing....very happy with manson, he is pushing for a regular spot, seems like every game he is good for atleast one great hit. love his skill set, big, mobile and mean.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If you add up Bieksa and Stoner's contracts you get 7.25 million. Imagine how good of a left winger or top 4 defensemen partner (Stralman/Boychuk type) for Lindholm we could have gotten for that chunk of cash...

That's the single biggest mistake Murray has made. He's now spending 16 million on Hagelin/Bieksa/Silfverberg/Stoner

That's just way too much money on guys who aren't impact players for a team that also spends 25 million on their best 3 players, and is going to have to pay their starting goaltender and 2 very good young dman (Vatanen and Lindholm) this offseason.

Oct 18, 2011
stoner has been better this year...but yeah that's a total misuse of resources. but this is what happens when you dumpster dive, canuck fans were trashing bieksa all year last year, if they could see how bad he was, how couldn't a professional team?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
stoner has been better this year...but yeah that's a total misuse of resources. but this is what happens when you dumpster dive, canuck fans were trashing bieksa all year last year, if they could see how bad he was, how couldn't a professional team?

Likely the same way our management couldn't see Sbisa was trash (and still can't)! :D

What players achieved in the past seem to not just get stuck in the heads of fans but the people actually in the game as well. People around the league seem to remember a Bieksa from 4 or 5 years ago and not what he has become. I don't get it but it certainly seems to be the case.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I wouldn't say well after their contracts expire, but I think the reality of this team not winning a cup with Getz and Perry in their primes is a lot closer than some are willing to admit.

Well, I won't squabble over the timing. I think we're both on the same page. Getz and Perry are starting on the downside. Kesler is already on that side. Looking at what we owe them, we will have no money to replace them with future stars until they are gone. By then, who knows how Hampus or Cam turn out or if they are even still here. The cupboard will be bare for quite a while.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I know this has been discussed for years, but I'm still pondering if Getzlaf is really the right person to wear the C... Not so much for his actual leadership capabilities, but I wonder if he would play any differently without the responsibilities of the team on his shoulders. Sometimes I just feel like he's distracted and just doesn't go out there and "play".

Last edited:

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
glad to see BB was real peeved at getzy's line this game. show up boys.

I think this makes BB look like a clown. Admitting that they were terrible all game, yet he plays them a ton late in the game and in the OT when they were obviously useless as anyone could see.

Still 1 Shot between them all.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I think this makes BB look like a clown. Admitting that they were terrible all game, yet he plays them a ton late in the game and in the OT when they were obviously useless as anyone could see.

Still 1 Shot between them all.

They are still the best players on the team. They can't play better if they don't play. They didn't even start in OT.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Was only able to listen to the game on the radio and I just saw the Getz turnover and wow that's embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland