GDT: Az @ ana 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
3 on 3 OT is as equally unskilled to end a game as a shootout is, I don't understand what all the hype is about it. Sure it's exciting, but it's just constant back and forth play because there is no defense.

Hope they go back to 4v4, because 3v3 is crap.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Lol Getz

Bieksa is trying to forecheck more than play defense this year...he is so terrible

Hagelin is an expensive soft plug who has no hands to make skilled plays

DaDucks*

The Getz drop pass to the other team.

giphy.gif

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
Who the **** does that when every single defending player is in front of you and to your left. That is just absolute ******** on him and he should be ****ing reamed for that. Hopefully it will curtail this nonsense once and for all.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
The fact that the Ducks can't beat the Coyotes shows what problems the Ducks are having. Don't let that short win streak fool anybody that they are back, because they still look really bad.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Doesn't matter what else is wrong with this average team, with the twins playing like this we're just spinning our wheels. Such garbage. Getzlaf version 2012 can leave now thanks.

**** 3v3 OT.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
"They'll try to use that as a positive"

Yep, getting outplayed by one of the worst teams in the NHL is very positive. I'd love to see them turn round and just say it was absolute crap out there for once.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It's a bad game. Two weeks ago we lose this 4-0. I'm encouraged they didn't fold, and instead should have won the game in the third if not for some spectacular goaltending.

It's not as bad as it seems, its a good sign to be honest, even if by good I mean they aren't a terrible team. Just not great right now.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
It's a bad game. Two weeks ago we lose this 4-0. I'm encouraged they didn't fold, and instead should have won the game in the third if not for some spectacular goaltending.

It's not as bad as it seems, its a good sign to be honest, even if by good I mean they aren't a terrible team. Just not great right now.

I actually think we were lucky to even get the point.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Other than the captain being a billion dollar airport with no control tower,
what else is missing?

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Wow. What's with Getzlaf? His mind sure isn't at the rink. The slo-mo 3-on-3 thingy didn't look too promising to start with -- pretty hard to score a goal when you're standing still outside the blue line. Then his hands weren't attached to his brain. Is everything okay with this guy?

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I think AZ is one of the most talented teams out there on attacking. But they normally have no defense, unless Getzlaf plays their D.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
The fact that the Ducks can't beat the Coyotes shows what problems the Ducks are having. Don't let that short win streak fool anybody that they are back, because they still look really bad.
totally agree...i have no expectations for this team, they may get into the playoffs but they wont do any damage if they do...this team/franchise is in serious trouble, getzlaf looks so old/exhausted out there and we signed a bottom pairing dmen, paid him and play him in a top 4 role, and we also signed a bottom 6 soft winger with no skill , and play/pay him as a top 6 skilled winger and our coach has NO IDEA what to do with these guys....not good

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I think AZ is one of the most talented teams out there on attacking. But they normally have no defense, unless Getzlaf plays their D.

They got some pretty fantastic goaltending and we still scored three.

Our issue right now is our dmen, they are a mess, especially with getting out of the zone cleanly. They dick around with the puck and make terrible decisions a lot of time, or just swat pucks up the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad