Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Wings 5.30PM MST || We get it. JLA has lively boards.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
We definitely could have won that one, and you could argue we deserved.

Howard played really well, rescuing 2 goals, and they got a ******** goal off of Giggy's skate.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
In Duchene's defence, no one else was getting anything done either.

The entire effort the team came out with from the 2nd period on was vastly different from the first imo.

Duchene can be defended, yes he can, everyone is entitled to bad games, these guys are only human.

What I don't want to see though, is him continuing the same stuff that didn't work last year: The constant attempting to split defensemen, the not using your linemates, the spin-o-rama's, etc.

Even though both were absent on the score sheet tonight, I thought O'Reilly played leaps and bounds better than he did on Sunday, and was better than Duchene (just speaking about tonight).

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
At least we played better than against Columbus.

Still not good enough.
If we can't win these games we are not even close to going to the POs.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Let's just forget the last game and call this RoR's first game back. Hugely improved, although not keeping that puck in the zone near the end is just :facepalm:

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
the last 14 or so minutes of the game I liked what the Avs did. If they played like that the WHOLE GAME, maybe we could put up a few more W's in the Win column.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
How so? We lost on an absolutely terrible break.

Nothing to do with just this game. There is just no consistency at all through out the entire line up. You cant keep using the its a young team excuse when the core has been together for 4 years now. Every game you watch you never know what kind of game they are going to play, no adaptability what so ever.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Is it just me or does it feel like we play a completely different style of hockey every game? Sacco has got to go, we need an identity instead of playing whatever style of hockey the other team wants to play.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
At least Barrie and Elliott are progressing forward. Barrie is obviously much further along than Stefan right now but Elliott has looked better than his first few games.

O'Brien is actually playing quite well. Much better than Hunwick/ROB/Zanon thats for sure.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Nothing to do with just this game. There is just no consistency at all through out the entire line up. You cant keep using the its a young team excuse when the core has been together for 4 years now.

That is supposed to come from the coaching staff. That is their job.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Duchene was killing Datsyuk on faceoffs all night but Sacco has Stastny take the faceoffs at the end

I don't get it. The little things Sacco does really annoy me. You have Stastny, Duchene, and O'Reilly all on the ice at the end so why is Stastny the one taking all the faceoffs? Duchene has been our best faceoff man this season and him and O'Reilly won 67% of their faceoffs tonight. Stastny was getting killed all night.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Honestly I can hardly blame Sacco for even going with 6 forwards out there. Its not like our blueline is really capable of contributing offensively. Barrie definitely could have been out there but he's the only one.

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
Solid night for the tank. Tampa, NYI, CBJ, Wash, all win plus the Edm CBJ game went to OT which means Edm got a point :) If we can solidly lose all our games, or win all our games, I'll be happy. Teams around 500 never win. Look at Cgy for the passed like 5 years.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Great effort, we were the better team for most of the game, even our defense looked better than usual. Too bad about that second goal, still this loss felt a lot better than the nightmare game against CBJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad