Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Wings 5.30PM MST || We get it. JLA has lively boards.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
At least we didn't get shut out.

Sacco drawing up a play now......

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
"They're going to put Giguere back in, I'm not sure why they do?"

Maybe it's because they need to take a faceoff and win it, and then they'll pull him again...what a moronic thing to say in my opinion.

Yeah, he's just a homer and wants the wings to score

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
To be honest I don't really think we've played that badly tonight. Some bad plays (Elliott giveaway, Mitchell not burying that backhand) but overall this game highlights to me the difference in coaching.

The Wings suffocate our breakout each and every time and box out the puck carrier, while we let them make huge transition passes and then east-west passes in our zone.

Elliott needs to stay up and play. He's had a couple glaringly bad plays but outside of those has actually looked much better to me than in his earlier games. Let him stay up and figure it out.

Stastny has had a good game. O'reilly was much improved today and needs to be playing with some better players but we don't really have the depth right now. Gotta figure something out.

EDIT: As I'm posting Avs score.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
LOL Sacco calls the timeout...

I would REALLY like to be a fly on the wall for that conversation between Sacco and the players, I imagine it would go like this:

"Uhhhhh guys, you needz to put the puck in the net. I don't want to get fired and we needs to wins the game. So goes out there and score so I can keep my job"

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
At least we didn't get shut out.

Sacco drawing up a play now......

Here's the play

b0221.jpg

member 116861

Tough one to lose.

Duchene, Parenteau and Mitchell were all so close.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I thought Avs were the better team. A little bit of luck and a great game by Howard got Wings the win.

O'Brien and Barrie were excellent.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
"They're going to put Giguere back in, I'm not sure why they do?"

Maybe it's because they need to take a faceoff and win it, and then they'll pull him again...what a moronic thing to say in my opinion.

Yea that was Pejorative Slured. There's was like 1:30 left with the faceoff at center. Why would they risk leaving him out?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Avs played a good game, just couldn't finish. Unfortunate bounce off the board costed us the game. Giguere has got to be aware of those though, the whole entire league knows the boards are lively in Detroit, he's gotta be more aware than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad