Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Wings 5.30PM MST || We get it. JLA has lively boards.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Not saying i know this, its my opinion. Of course i could be wrong. I hope im wrong. I love this team, but just not overly impressed with what I see these days.

ryanMcEZ

Sep 22, 2011
Hamilton
Wasnt saying hes a good coach was just saying I think its a bit exaggerated when everyone blames sacco for all of the teams problems. Like firing him is going to make them a playoff team. The team is made up of mostly average players and potential. What do you really expect.
I expect the coach to put his players in the best position to win. No matter what talent level they are. And Sacco time and time again has failed.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sacco is easily the worse coach we have ever had. Dutch and Ror killing it on the dots.....pjts out stastny to take the draw. Why? Love Matt's emotion after the game more guys need to hate losing. I still think Dutch is hurt.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
After the Columbus game.

"Saccos seat just got hotter, trust me"

I wish he'd give more info on the subject (as long as he was able to, not to burn a source or anything).

I asked him if he were able to elaborate on that, but he never responded.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Except no one trusts him.

He isn't perfect. But no one has the inside track on the Avs organization. Even the TSN guys are in the dark. AND Dater did get some stuff right this summer. He said Jones had re-signed, that Mueller was going to FA, that McClement was going to FA, that Avs were going after Parenteau. And I think he was first the terms on a couple of contracts as well.

He knows more than us anyway.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Sacco is easily the worse coach we have ever had. Dutch and Ror killing it on the dots.....pjts out stastny to take the draw. Why? Love Matt's emotion after the game more guys need to hate losing. I still think Dutch is hurt.

ROR works somewhat on the point but having Dutchy there is so Pejorative Slured it is hard to put into words. Dutchy was a beast on the PP when playing down low. Can't understand why he isn't there anymore.

But then again this is Sacco who thought that having Kevin Porter on the point was a good idea.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
adater ‏@adater
Avs are going to beat Blackhawks in regulation tomorrow. I absolutely believe this and no I haven't been drinking (much)

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Yeah, me too......sigh

Was a pretty good game this time, at least.

Yea I don't mind losses like tonight as much as the CBJ loss. For as much as everyone hates on sacco's situational coaching, I think his biggest flaw is actually his lack of ability to motivate the team mid game. I feel like with downs and EJ out of the lineup the team lost two of their key emotional players that provide alot of that energy they need.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007
Did anyone think the Blues would make the playoffs before they hired Hitchcock?

Playoffs? Yes. Competing for the President's Trophy? Hell no. I expected last year's Blues team to be like this year's Blues team, hanging right in that 6-10 cluster. Payne held that team back, and you could see it by the immediate results a good coach brought. The same thing is happening here, thought I don't think this team will immediately shoot up the standings. But I also don't expect a good coach to be hired, so I guess it's moot.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
When the goalies are good the forwards suck and when the forwards are good the D or goalies suck. What a frustrating group. They can't do two assignments at once minus a few guys.

Duchene is hurt because every single game now he can fly for the first period or so like usual and then can't keep going. In the first 14 games or so he was going 100% each shift.

Of course we'll beat Chicago tomorrow and Sacco's job will remain safe.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
ROR works somewhat on the point but having Dutchy there is so Pejorative Slured it is hard to put into words. Dutchy was a beast on the PP when playing down low. Can't understand why he isn't there anymore.

But then again this is Sacco who thought that having Kevin Porter on the point was a good idea.

Not only is he not down low where he is at his best, he also isn't out there with our other best players. A lot of other teams stack their top PP unit but Sacco just goes with the regular lines and throws Mitchell and O'Reilly in there with them.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Home: 6-2-1
Road: 2-7-3

I wonder if this is our lack of depth being exposed on the road due to not getting the favorable matchups we want.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Is getting ****pumped by Chi x2 and San Jose enough for Sacco to lose his job? Because that's very possible.

member 116861

adater ‏@adater
Avs are going to beat Blackhawks in regulation tomorrow. I absolutely believe this and no I haven't been drinking (much)

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Blackhawks in regulation in one of our back-to-back games. Our team makes no sense at all.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Blackhawks in regulation in one of our back-to-back games. Our team makes no sense at all.

Either we win and be the team who breaks their streak. Or.. we lose and Saccos seat should and will hopefully get really, really hot.

Win-win

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
7805459-a-white-dry-erase-board-with-red-marker-with-a-drawing-of-three-people-and-arrows-symbolizing-commun.jpg

Yes Jan, you are number 8. I want you to circle the RW's net as fast as possible causing a vortex that will suck the puck into the goal.:help:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You guys want Sacco fired yet you cheer for Avs to win games?

In case you haven't noticed so far, Sacco hasn't been fired, and the reason for that is bunch of excuses this organization comes up with.

First excuse is injuries, second excuse is being a young team, 3rd excuse probably not having enough experience yet or what have you.

The only way Sacco gets fired if the Avs lose, which they do now, but im talking about lose bunch of games in a row.

I think a 10 or 15 game losing streak and a last, or near last place finish in the NHL what will take to get Sacco fired.

If this team continues to win one game, lose one, or win one lose two, or win two, lose 3 is not enough to get him fired, they just use the being young and injured excuse.

For example, today and last game losses look bad for Sacco, but if by some miracle Avs beat the Hawks tomorrow, Sacco will look golden, because not only Avs win, but they will stop the Hawks streak.

You guys can't have it both ways, you have to either hope for bunch of Avs losses in a row, or you guys just have to live with Sacco behind that bench.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

In case you haven't noticed so far, Sacco hasn't been fired, and the reason for that is bunch of excuses this organization comes up with.

First excuse is injuries, second excuse is being a young team, 3rd excuse probably not having enough experience yet or what have you.

The only way Sacco gets fired if the Avs lose, which they do now, but im talking about lose bunch of games in a row.

I think a 10 or 15 game losing streak and a last, or near last place finish in the NHL what will take to get Sacco fired.

If this team continues to win one game, lose one, or win one lose two, or win two, lose 3 is not enough to get him fired, they just use the being young and injured excuse.

For example, today and last game losses look bad for Sacco, but if by some miracle Avs beat the Hawks tomorrow, Sacco will look golden, because not only Avs win, but they will stop the Hawks streak.

You guys can't have it both ways, you have to either hope for bunch of Avs losses in a row, or you guys just have to live with Sacco behind that bench.

But the Avs had a 10+ game losing streak before under Sacco, and he wasn't fired, so I'm not even sure if THAT does it.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario

I don't know. Sherman can't be that blind. He just can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad