Confirmed with Link: Avs To Play Outdoor Game Feb 27th [UPD: PUBLIC sale 10/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hockey players are well-known for having absolutely awful taste in music. Someone on the Bruins said Marc Savard's was so bad it was like a 12-year-old girl stole his iPod. So if it's stuff the players would like to hear, then that music should be avoided at all costs.

And really...hip-hop at a hockey game!? Booooo on YOUR musical tastes. :rant:

Hip Hop everywhere, bra.

For the record that's a joke. I'm not that guy who talks like that, but I am that guy who loves hip hop. You would just never say it by looking at me or speaking to me but I think their talent is something that is completely unmatched in other genres of music.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Those were just Colorado bands, not my choice. I'd prefer hard rock myself but that will never happen. Maybe the legal weed will entice some hip hop artists.

Problem is, none of those are even remotely "Denver", and I don't get the feeling that the Stadium Series games are regarded as the type of high-profile, prime time events the artists would even bother being a part of. Maybe Danny Brown if you're talking a game in Detroit. If you want Denver hip-hop/R&B, stick with Air Dubai, India Arie, or heck, even Wheelchair Sports Camp!

So long as The Fray and Pretty Lights aren't involved...

I didn't realize we were talking Denver only :laugh:
As for Detroit, Danny Brown???? lol. Big Sean and Eminem would be so cool to see in the middle of a hockey game, but maybe that's just my hip hop love talking.

Maybe the legal weed would get somebody like Kid Cudi. He's from Cleveland so he can rock a Monsters jersey haha.
I actually saw Cudi last summer in Vegas. He was unreal.

member 116861

This is awesome! I would much rather have a Winter Classic but I can't complain.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd just want anyone current that isn't Train or Miley Cyrus. So rock, hip hop even country if it's a decent artist though I know zero about country. MacKinnon likes hip hop, maybe he can use some pull to get someone :laugh:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hip Hop everywhere, bra.

For the record that's a joke. I'm not that guy who talks like that, but I am that guy who loves hip hop. You would just never say it by looking at me or speaking to me but I think their talent is something that is completely unmatched in other genres of music.

Pusha T would be cool. Although this ain't really the right event for rap.

"Still chasing me for war crimes like a Nazi ... Lucky dice roll got my lawyers screaming yahtzee"

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Modern rap and Hip-Hop is terribad, but the old skool stuff is pretty damn good.

Swag.

It really depends, there is some really good new rap/hip-hop out there, but most of the commercial stuff is terrible.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
We NEED a big rivalry again. Hockey had never been more electrifying to me.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
How can anyone call The Fray boring while suggesting The Lumineers as the musical act of choice?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How can anyone call The Fray boring while suggesting The Lumineers as the musical act of choice?

Words in my mouth :rant::sarcasm: I never suggested, but said they would be. :p:

Whoever the group is, they will be non-offensive and have Denver ties. That leaves The Frey, The Lumineers, DeVotchKa, One Republic, and Earth, Wind, & Fire. It eliminates Cephalic Carnage and Flobots.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Words in my mouth :rant::sarcasm: I never suggested, but said they would be. :p:

Whoever the group is, they will be non-offensive and have Denver ties. That leaves The Frey, The Lumineers, DeVotchKa, One Republic, and Earth, Wind, & Fire. It eliminates Cephalic Carnage and Flobots.

It will be Big Head Todd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad