Confirmed with Link: Avs To Play Outdoor Game Feb 27th [UPD: PUBLIC sale 10/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It was also reported a while back that the Rockies were very interested in hosting. And the Coors sponsorship thing works out there too. I wish they would do Folsom, but Coors Field seems to be a lock.

Now, to decide which band(s) will headline the event.

I get a feeling that it would be The Lumineers.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
The Fray isn't that bad. There is much, much worse.

Stadium series jerseys too! I want an icy grey-ish one.

Well, at least we finally get those new jersey's we've been begging for. Hopefully it leads to a possible redesign. Have the stadium series jersey's been added to NHL 14 by chance? I haven't even bothered to look for that.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
May have to make my first trip out to Denver for this one if it happens. Flyers are rumored to be playing Washington in the WC and then the Avs. Good year for me.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Denver music scene sucks if you look at the acts that made it big.

Of course I am and will always be a big Winger fan. :yo:

Stewart.jpeg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Awolnation is the obvious choice ;) or One Republic.

Seriously though, as long as it isn't an old dinosaur I'm sure the musical act will be ok.

Eh, One Republic wouldn't be terrible.

But does it have to be someone from the Denver area? If not they and they want someone from the Rock scene they should really try for Imagine Dragons, they're on fire right now.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
No to anything in Boulder. It would have to be at Coors or SAF...more that likely at Coors because of sponorships.

I wonder what the Avs Stadium series jerseys would look like. BTW if it happens...there is no way I would miss it.

How much were tix for the other outdoor games? Does anyone know?

Edit - The link below says avg ticket price for the Rags vs Devils was $253
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2014/01/24/rangers-devils-stadium-series-tickets-sunday-are-25-higher-than-rangers-islanders-tickets-wednesday/

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
No to anything in Boulder. It would have to be at Coors or SAF...more that likely at Coors because of sponorships.

I wonder what the Avs Stadium series jerseys would look like. BTW if it happens...there is no way I would miss it.

How much were tix for the other outdoor games? Does anyone know?

Totally agree. Boulder traffic is already the worst congestion in the state. Not to mention the parking scene would be terrible.

I don't think many of us would miss it. I may be moving out of state but if it happens I'll surely fly back for it.

As long as we don't get stuck with the likes of KISS i'll be fine. I imagine they'd play off the whole cowboy thing though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's NY inflation which probably includes the price of luxury suites or something. I bet $100 for a game here. Some seats cheaper. The Denver market is not going to support $250 tickets when they are trying to reinvigorate the fanbase and bring back fans.

Also likely they'd have some DU or other games on the outdoor ice as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Baseball stadiums ****en suck for outdoor games, put that sucker in Invesco Field.

And it better be the Winter Classic than the Stadium Series. I am very sure Avs will survive a game in Denver against Detroit.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I thought the stadium series was just a this year thing as kind of a payback for the lockout??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad