Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I thought the stadium series was just a this year thing as kind of a payback for the lockout??

No, just a way to make even more money from outdoor games while avoiding any damage to the "mystique" involved with the Winter Classic.

The NHL made up for the first lockout with plastic Stanley Cups and messages of "THANK YOU FANS!" written into the ice. They would never be so elaborate if all they were doing was conciliatory in nature.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Would be sweet to have one. Ill be done with school then, so maybe I could make the trip!

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why the hell would we want Detroit? The rivalry has been dead for years, and Detroit is now a mediocre team even by Eastern Conference standards.

If I wanted to re-live the 90s I'd just break out my old VHS of "Landslide" and start blaring the Everclear on my old CD player.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The guys in suits in NY still think it's a rivalry though so it's possible. I'd guess either St Louis or Chicago. I'm sure both teams are in play for a game one way or another, hosting or visiting. If we play one in the playoffs (knock on wood) they'd probably pick that team. I'd still choose Dallas though.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
You know NBC and the NHL would get The Fray to play most likely...because they're from Denver...and that would suck badly.

Woof. How did The Fray gain any sort of mainstream popularity?

Heck, I'd take the Lumineers. Or they should aim for nostalgia and pure entertainment and try to convince Warlock Pinchers to get the band back together for a hockey game. Maybe some String Cheese if they want to draw the Boulder wookies...

In all reality though? Probably Big Head Todd and the Monsters.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Woof. How did The Fray gain any sort of mainstream popularity?

Heck, I'd take the Lumineers. Or they should aim for nostalgia and pure entertainment and try to convince Warlock Pinchers to get the band back together for a hockey game. Maybe some String Cheese if they want to draw the Boudler wookies...

In all reality though? Probably Big Head Todd and the Monsters.

I'd take Lumineers and Big Head Todd in a heartbeat.

The Fray created very formulaic pop-rock in the same vein as so many others before them (Creed, Candlebox, etc). No surprise they hit it big.

For fun they should book Sick. No one outside Colorado really knows who they are.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I'd rather see the game at Falcons Stadium at the Air Force Academy. But Coors Field will do.

Avs/Wings would make for a better Winter Classic. Gimme Avs/Stars or Avs/Minny.

Pretty sure they would LOSE ratings with an Avs/Minny game due to the sheer boredom of the event.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Booo some of your musical choices. I wanna hear J Cole, Jay Z, Kendrick or Kanye. I would think that's the type of music most hockey players would want to hear too. Not that it matters to them though.

Anybody remember at the all star game when Drake performed and the guys stayed out to watch. That was pretty cool.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Booo some of your musical choices. I wanna hear J Cole, Jay Z, Kendrick or Kanye. I would think that's the type of music most hockey players would want to hear too. Not that it matters to them though.

Anybody remember at the all star game when Drake performed and the guys stayed out to watch. That was pretty cool.

Duchene says bleh.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If it's a stadium series I really hope it's the Blues. Great rivalry building.

If it's a winter classic I want it to be either Vancouver or Minny. Vancouver because of Torts, Minny because of Heatley :laugh: although he may be playing somewhere else once he hits UFA.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Those were just Colorado bands, not my choice. I'd prefer hard rock myself but that will never happen. Maybe the legal weed will entice some hip hop artists.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs

Problem is, none of those are even remotely "Denver", and I don't get the feeling that the Stadium Series games are regarded as the type of high-profile, prime time events the artists would even bother being a part of. Maybe Danny Brown if you're talking a game in Detroit. If you want Denver hip-hop/R&B, stick with Air Dubai, India Arie, or heck, even Wheelchair Sports Camp!

So long as The Fray and Pretty Lights aren't involved...

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Hockey players are well-known for having absolutely awful taste in music. Someone on the Bruins said Marc Savard's was so bad it was like a 12-year-old girl stole his iPod. So if it's stuff the players would like to hear, then that music should be avoided at all costs.

And really...hip-hop at a hockey game!? Booooo on YOUR musical tastes. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad