Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I like those. It's really amazing how many blogger-types come up with better designs than the actual professionals paid to do it.

I think @JLo217 hit the nail on the head earlier. I think the people making the decisions really just have bad eyes for designs. My girlfriend is a graphic designer and when she does freelance work it's amazing the things she has to change and how often she has to use her like 3rd/4th/5th best piece because she doesn't have final say.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
One slight tweak would make these jerseys look sooooooo much better.

I'm not a big fan of the concept version either, but it's a massive upgrade on what they actually went with.

Navy is a much better color IMO, but the big upgrade is the logo. Who would have thought, but not going with a ginormous A that goes all the way to the collar might be a good idea. :shakehead

Reactions: Pokecheque

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I wonder if they will change them ? The jersey were leaked two weeks ago and they haven't announce anything yet.
Maybe i'm just optimistic..

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I wonder if they will change them ? The jersey were leaked two weeks ago and they haven't announce anything yet.
Maybe i'm just optimistic..
Oh, have you seen what they've worn before? They're definitely not changing those. They're right on the Stadium Series' terrible brand.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Would have loved a jersey built around the old Yeti footprint logo.

Mock 1.png

Obviously, I did this in like 2 minutes using a template found online...so the blue colors would need to be the same for the stripes and the circle around the logo but you get the idea.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

View attachment 286431
Obviously, I did this in like 2 minutes using a template found online...so the blue colors would need to be the same for the stripes and the circle around the logo but you get the idea.

Love the color. I'd rather have this lighter red than the current burgundy TBH.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

View attachment 286431

I dig it.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Love the color. I'd rather have this lighter red than the current burgundy TBH.
It could just be my memory getting fuzzy as the years go by, but didn't the early Avs jersey used to be a lighter shade of red and the blue used to be a little darker as well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

View attachment 286431
So you spent twice as much time on this as the Avs design team.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
They're just going full steam ahead on those now. It's too late to redesign them and get enough of them manufactured in time for the game. Maybe the public shaming will inspire them to be more careful next time, but I doubt it.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hopefully the public backlash to the leak makes them redesign like when they insisted they were never going to call the team the Rocky Mountain Xtreme.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Has anyone heard of anything for game day? Will there be a tailgate area or something cool? Is there a cool place in Springs to pre-game?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
100% nope on the yeti logo.
Out of curiosity...why so negative on it? Was it because I executed it poorly, or do you just have some deep dislike for that logo?

My second favorite ball cap is a burgundy one with that logo on it and I get thumbs up from people around town all the time for it...and I live in Fairbanks, AK.

For the inquiring minds, my favorite is a tan ball cap with the image of grumpy on the front. Pretty sure, he's the dwarf I most relate with.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad