JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I mean these jerseys are a great improvement from the artist's last project

513259474_13195159_wide-360d295b5726058b589b84b5d341f077b1cde4a7.jpg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I will not watch the outdoor game for two reasons.

1. I have no desire to see my team wear something so atrocious.
2. I can't watch my team wear that and be subjugated to flash advertisement about how comcast sucks. Enough is an enough on this already. Viewers have absolutely no power in this pissing contest. There is absolutely no reason why ALT should be continuing to subjugate the people who receive their broadcasts to an absurd number of flash banners pleading people who don't receive their broadcast to rail against an entity none of us like. It's gone beyond the pale and with every game and every broadcast, I just hate ALT more. I have never been more thankful for living in Alaska than today. NHL.TV keeps me covered with multiple feeds for the Avs. I've been watching the other teams feeds for the last few games and then just re-watching the Avs broadcast for the condensed viewing....Even in the condensed viewing I'm seeing the banners and ads pop up all over the screen. Who the f*** are they advertising too? Everyone that has access to their feed get it, they are just being obnoxious and childish with this stuff. It's not doing them any favors in my opinion.
3. Can we talk about this jersey? Seriously, this is something nobody asked for. I would much rather them wear the old/original 3rd Burgundy jersey. I would actually buy that. This is just complete shit. There is not one single redeeming quality to it unless they go all out and add #comcastsucks to the blank space at the bottom. If they do that, i might be inclined to buy it as a trophy to the day that Stanley Kroenke finally said, "I don't give a shit about the Avs".

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm trying out this core math stuff...it's kinda cool. You can just do whatever you want and get full credit.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I bought tickets to this, and just now realized it's the same weekend I have to be in Greeley for my daughter's club volleyball tournament. :(

And, of course, re-selling on Ticketmaster is a joke. I'll end up losing $50 unless I ask $60 more per ticket than I paid for them because of all their fees.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I bought tickets to this, and just now realized it's the same weekend I have to be in Greeley for my daughter's club volleyball tournament. :(

And, of course, re-selling on Ticketmaster is a joke. I'll end up losing $50 unless I ask $60 more per ticket than I paid for them because of all their fees.

How much? I need an excuse to head off the island next year.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
ahahahahahahahaha

f*** sake lads. I can only thank whatever genius at the NHL (since it's clear that Stadium Series jerseys generally follow a similar theme for each pairing) is responsible for ensuring we aren't as ugly as our opponents

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That blocky LA font the Kings seem to be so fond of is the absolute worst. It looks like something you'd find in MS Paint or something.

It's a shame because the first two types of uniforms the Kings wore in their existence (the purple-and-golds and the Gretzky-era black ones) were freakin' awesome.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There was so much potential there, being right on the foothills with the Air Force in the back ground and some creative wanker comes up with those...

Wasn't there any resistance along the way during the birth of those jerseys? The Avs one is a travesty in its own right, but Kings decided to outdo us with even a bigger ****...actually, you can make a very decent argument that **** on a jersey would've looked better.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm not sure if it's just a reaction after seeing the real one but I actually really like the one of the left.
Naw the one on the left, while still terrible, is much better than what we're going to see at the game. Kinda like our current thirds....the version that just clipped a bit out of the bottom to make the triangle surrounding thing 'C' logo look more like an "A" would have been a significant improvement. Does anyone still have a picture of that piece of work?

As for what this stadium jersey is, even if the logo is lowered a bit, there is still entirely too much blank space at the bottom, it should be tucked into the pants to allow the blue color to come up more. The jersey concept, is something I might be able to get behind, but the execution sucks so bad I doubt I'll watch this game. I have so little desire to see my team wear something so bad, I can safely say if I miss a game this year, this will be it.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I honestly don't think that makes it better.

The wider stripe might be a slight improvement, since it gives the mountains white space above the tops. But I don't care for the floating mountain top.

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, I've looked at it for long enough and this is what I think they should've done. Just do the regular mountain pattern, but do a big A shaped mountain in the middle like they have and don't have it join the collar. No other stuff on it, just a big bold outline on the whole pattern.

No weird triangles and mountain edges, just have it do the same shape on the sides as the regular mountain pattern, but with a sharper A shape up the middle. No logo, just add the primary logo or a cool patch on the shoulder and some other logos or wordmarks on the pants and helmets. Angled lines on the sleeves meet on the side of the sleeve. Extremely simple, very recognizable. They can slap the regular logo on there somewhere, and make a cool new intricate patch for the event if they'd like. Put the chapel on that one too, if you want. Bold mountain pattern color blocked pads for the goalies. Air Force inspired masks or whatever. Done.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I honestly don't think that makes it better.

The wider stripe might be a slight improvement, since it gives the mountains white space above the tops. But I don't care for the floating mountain top.

Okay, then just make the interior like how the Avs had it.

The thing that absolutely RUINS that jersey is the white part extending all the way up to the collar. It makes it look like a godforsaken bib. The too-thin stripes on the arms are problematic but I could've lived with that.

Again, it's just one game but yeesh, while I can appreciate the ambitious design to an extent, these are just awful.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad