Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's probably both, the jersey itself sucks, but when you include the entire package like the pants and socks it doesn't look tooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Leading the lead in scoring European helmet edition.
No, that just brings back the memories of TPS - Jokerit battles in Finland from the 90s.
Jokerit_TPS_1995.jpg

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
No, that just brings back the memories of TPS - Jokerit battles in Finland from the 90s.
Jokerit_TPS_1995.jpg
Ahh... Soon after, I would jump on the Jokerit wagon and watch them beat Tappara live in 2002. We got burgers at Carrols and I touched the championship trophy.

Reactions: Murzu

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I remember when the game was announced. I was so excited and proclaimed I wouldn't miss it for the world. Fast forward a year and I didn't go because I opted to spend the money on something else instead and I cannot say I'm upset I missed it. From the terrible views, traffic, overcrowding to the pathetic display the avs chose to put on in front of a national audience. It's one game and so I'm not too concerned but this event could have been really special. What a venue and location. I thought the way the stadium had been decked out was awesome. But alas the planning team, and the hockey team let everyone down.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Is the poor planning even being discussed anywhere other than here?
Does the rest of the league think it was a raging success, all good, well done?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I remember when the game was announced. I was so excited and proclaimed I wouldn't miss it for the world. Fast forward a year and I didn't go because I opted to spend the money on something else instead and I cannot say I'm upset I missed it. From the terrible views, traffic, overcrowding to the pathetic display the avs chose to put on in front of a national audience. It's one game and so I'm not too concerned but this event could have been really special. What a venue and location. I thought the way the stadium had been decked out was awesome. But alas the planning team, and the hockey team let everyone down.

What else could have been done for a one-time event? That all was to be expected, if the hassles that come with it scared you off then good, you probably are happy you didn't go. But really people are like USAFA should have changed their rules, built more bathrooms, paved the parking lots, built new roads to get around...for one event. Get real. And the implications from the media are ridiculous, if you were there you didn't see thousands of empty seats, it was bursting at the seems full where I was sitting. And for the people that keep saying they should have brought it to Coors Field again, you have no clue. The game was played in Colorado because of the Academy games angle. They aren't bringing it back to Denver any time soon. Iconic stadiums in bigger cities have gotten one game so far, what makes you think Coors Field and Denver would have gotten another first???

What really bothers me is a lot of noise is being made by people off the ESPN article, which is insanity. I looked at the ESPN site at about 10pm last night as I sat down for a late dinner and there was ZERO mention of the game. None, it wasn't even on the scoreboard of NHL games they showed including finals from other games. It didn't happen according to ESPN, which we NHL fans know is par for the course with ESPN. But then this morning they decide to go out and put on the top of the news a story interviewing some people they found who couldn't make it to the game and claim that thousands of people didn't make it until the end? Come on, that's nonsense. All that is people is the same ESPN bullcrap, that they should just hold all events in NY, Chicago, Miami or LA and things would be better. That's what they want and the handful of people whining are just feeding that troll like behavior that ESPN brings us.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
ESPN has been a joke ever since they basically let Skip Bayless dictate how they should run things. I honestly haven't watched "The Worldwide Leader In Sports" for years now.

I avoid everything ESPN ever since LeBrun was laid off. Before that I thought they didn't care about hockey, after that I had proof. Not even a click to their website if I can avoid it.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I avoid everything ESPN ever since LeBrun was laid off. Before that I thought they didn't care about hockey, after that I had proof. Not even a click to their website if I can avoid it.

Kind sad because moves like that and laying off Chris Mortenson actually made sense financially. First Take proved that a show could have two blathering idiots who knew nothing about sports and the ratings would be fantastic. So ESPN shifted their focus from actual sports journalism to, well, what you see today, which is a Hot Take factory.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
One thing that I was thinking when the game was starting, and that I've not seen mentioned anywhere else, at least not since then - Why did they have the game at the Air Force Academy at night? The foothills are picturesque, not to mention panning out to the mountains, etc. Having it at night takes away almost all of what makes the location attractive (the chapel with its lights on being the one draw for the Academy at night).

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I was shocked at how many people booted around the stadium. Literally people puking on walls and bleachers. I can understand like music festivals where people are also taking drugs and such, but I've never seen people so sloppy at an event. Hold your liquor, folks!

Might have been due to people feeling like they needed to cram it in, idk.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I was shocked at how many people booted around the stadium. Literally people puking on walls and bleachers. I can understand like music festivals where people are also taking drugs and such, but I've never seen people so sloppy at an event. Hold your liquor, folks!

Maybe they took the NHL's stellar advice and showed up at 5:30am to avoid the crowds. That's a solid 12.5hours of drinking even before face-off.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

You probably don't see that many people puking because they can usually actually make it to the restrooms if I had to guess :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
ESPN has been a joke ever since they basically let Skip Bayless dictate how they should run things. I honestly haven't watched "The Worldwide Leader In Sports" for years now.
Skip Dofus isn't on ESPN anymore, he's on Fox Sports Network now or are you talking about the damage he did? I really wish people would just not hire him at all. He's a snake who likes acting as a troll, he got in a fight with Cuban in a 13 minute video explaining that LeBron isn't the best player in the NBA. Even though the evidence clearly shows that wherever he goes he makes that team into a title contender. He then has written at least four or so articles explaining to everyone how much the game of hockey sucks and should never become popular (he wrote these WHILE he was at ESPN). I get that he's entitled to his opinion, but writing how he HATES a sport at "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" and still have a job is...well...hilarious yet facepalm worthy.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Skip Dofus isn't on ESPN anymore, he's on Fox Sports Network now or are you talking about the damage he did? I really wish people would just not hire him anymore. He's a snake who likes acting as a troll, he really believes that LeBron isn't the best player in the NBA even though wherever he goes he makes that team into a title contender. He then has written at least four or so articles explaining to everyone how much the game of hockey sucks and should never become popular (he wrote these WHILE he was at ESPN). I get that he's entitled to his opinion, but writing how he HATES a sport at "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" and still have a job is...well...hilarious yet facepalm worthy.

Yep, it's the damage he did to ESPN and sports coverage in general. Can't find the article but it detailed how ESPN actually got jealous of First Take's ratings and completely refocused their entire platform as a result, skipping the news and upping the idiocy. Now Skip makes millions acting like a clown and getting yelled at by Shannon Sharpe.

And this isn't new. Jim Rome built his career goading Jim Everett into an on-air fight and has been talking about sports without actually talking about sports ever since. It's the reality show effect--people will watch an idiot act like an idiot. They'll also vote for one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad