Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yikes....

I mean when I first saw the jerseys I thought they looked ok... But man that triangle in the middle on the front just looks so out of place and dumb.

And the white stripe going all the way around the back and interacting with the white numbers like it does is absolutely awful.

Could they seriously not come up with something better than this?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Joe Sakic needs to take a day to play in his role as Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations and get rid of whoever came up with this design.

On the good side, they will only wear these for one game. On the bad side, that is one game too many.

Thinking about chirping Moser, Rycroft and Keefe via twitter during the game tonight suggesting Comcast should sign a deal but not have it go into effect until after the stadium series to limit the number of people who see this thing in action.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Yikes....

I mean when I first saw the jerseys I thought they looked ok... But man that triangle in the middle on the front just looks so out of place and dumb.

And the white stripe going all the way around the back and interacting with the white numbers like it does is absolutely awful.

Could they seriously not come up with something better than this?
Easy fix. Get rid of the triangle. Add silver pinstripe outlining the "A" and the "stripe". Change the numbers to black.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Looks even worse when you see the back where the numbers are apparently going over the stripe that goes all around the jersey.

men's-nathan-mackinnon-blue-2020-stadium-series-jersey.jpg

Yuck. It's like a reverse of the terrible Canucks V jerseys. Why is the A so damn big? Did one of the players bang the designer's wife?

FullFlyingV.jpg

Last edited:

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Even just making everything 6" lower to where the white stripe doesn't interfere with the white numbers and the front doesn't look like a hipster apron would probably make it look way better.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya like.... I like the colors a lot. And I can kind of see where a really cool jersey could come from the idea here... But the execution is just absolutely awful.

Hopefully they read all the criticism on the jersey and make some adjustments because I dont think as a base, it could be a real nice jersey.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am not shocked by the design, if any of you lot go to Icethetics on a daily basis bad concept jerseys like that get made all the effin' time.

I am more shocked in the fact that Josh Kroenke or his Mom actually accepted those designs as the final jersey.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I am not shocked by the design, if any of you lot go to Icethetics on a daily basis bad concept jerseys like that get made all the effin' time.

I am more shocked in the fact that Josh Kroenke or his Mom actually accepted those designs as the final jersey.
The people who make bad concepts on Icethetics aren't being paid by NHL teams.

Reactions: MacBradley

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I can live with the front of the jersey. If that's the way the back looks someone should be fired. You don't have a white stripe intersecting with white text. That's graphic design 101.

Then again, I can pretty much guarantee whoever designed this has zero education or experience in graphic design.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The more I look at it, the more tolerable it looks, maybe it's the Stockholm syndrome taking affect, but on its own without those pants that don't match at all it doesn't look like the worst thing in the world.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I can live with the front of the jersey. If that's the way the back looks someone should be fired. You don't have a white stripe intersecting with white text. That's graphic design 101.

Then again, I can pretty much guarantee whoever designed this has zero education or experience in graphic design.
I don't agree with the last part. I work in an industry where I submit videos to the company I work for. Usually really good ones. Often times the company has me make horrible changes to it that make no sense. When i was freelance it was even worst.

I think it's pretty common in all creative fields. Clients usually don't choose the best option and will more often than not choose to make it worst.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I don't agree with the last part. I work in an industry where I submit videos to the company I work for. Usually really good ones. Often times the company has me make horrible changes to it that make no sense. When i was freelance it was even worst.

I think it's pretty common in all creative fields. Clients usually don't choose the best option and will more often than not choose to make it worst.

Fair enough. What I should have said it whoever made the decisions about the design has zero education or experience in graphic design.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

That's funny. I used to work with graphic designers all the time in my previous jobs in printing and they used to have to always come up with 2 or 3 options on designs for a given project, and many of them always purposely engineered at least one of them to be bad so it would steer them toward the one they wanted to actually do. You could imagine which one they almost always went with. :laugh:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
That's funny. I used to work with graphic designers all the time in my previous jobs in printing and they used to have to always come up with 2 or 3 options on designs for a given project, and many of them always purposely engineered at least one of them to be bad so it would steer them toward the one they wanted to actually do. You could imagine which one they almost always went with. :laugh:
Yeah I mean it's changed quite a bit. Things move alot faster these days. I now work at Tesla and you wouldn't believe the speed at which things move. Graphic Designers here are constantly changing things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad