Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I mean the concept works with a big A in the style of old Bruins or Toronto Arenas jersey but, er, oh dear.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, it's interesting. I like elements in it but they could've stood to be a little less... artistic with some of those choices.

Also, someone should definitely Photoshop that mountain into a cock.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Hot f***ing Garbage.

Could have gone with an all navy jersey with a big, simple/classic burgundy "A", or swap it as an all burgundy with a big, simple/classic navy "A". Of course white would then be used as appropriate trim.

This is a f***ing monstrosity. And whoever approved it should be named so they should be told just how utterly horseshit their decision was.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I simply refuse to believe that is the design the team came up with for this game. It is truly dreadful.

I mean the pant color doesn't even match!

EDIT: Turns out it probably is. Ugh. Why would there make the design only take up half the jersey? It might not look half as bad if it didn't have an enormous burgundy apron on the bottom.

Last edited:

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
View attachment 276753
This can't be real right? Seriously what the **** is that? Why can't we have nice things? That's gonna go down in the history books right next to those Vancouver V jerseys. Some one should get fired for this bull ****.
Yikes, I would say the Avs colour scheme is #2 to the Oilers Royal Blue and Orange. I don’t actually mind the jersey itself but the bottoms though, why the different tone pants?

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
It’s like when they brainstormed jersey ideas they asked “what jersey will we sell the least of?”

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I simply refuse to believe that is the design the team came up with for this game. It is truly dreadful.

I mean the pant color doesn't even match!

EDIT: Turns out it probably is. Ugh. Why would there make the design only take up half the jersey? It might not look half as bad if it didn't have an enormous burgundy apron on the bottom.
6603D491-51F4-422A-994E-03042A2BC010.jpeg

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
“Hey marketing/design team, whatcha got for us for the stadium series game?”

“Do you remember the Yeti from the SkiFree PC game?”

upload_2019-11-13_10-3-36.gif

They even got the teeth correct.

Reactions: madman

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Like it better than the boring wannabe original 6 shit we usually see. It’s a one off that will be a collector’s item in 20 years. Might get one

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I actually like the concept. I just wish they would change the style of the "A" and the mountains.

Reactions: UncleRisto

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
As a one-off, I like the idea of using the jersey as the primary logo rather than a patch/crest. That being said, I don't this was executed particularly well. The added mountain patch makes an odd burgundy-on-burgundy border which wouldn't be a big deal, but those are two totally different materials so it looks off/sloppy, especially when the color is supposed to look continuous. The placement of the mountain patch also makes the "A" proportionally weird. But really, the biggest issue for me is the white of the "A" going clear up to the neck as part of the collar; yes, it looks like a tucked-in napkin, but it also makes the "A" too tall. I would like to see a version with an all-blue collar as I think it might help with some of the general proportion issues.

Overall, it very much looks like a prototype. It's not a bad starting point - but it could've easily been improved upon. If you handed this to me, I'd probably just assume it was for a semi-pro roller hockey team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad