Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Probably picked the Kings with the hopes they'd still be bad.
Gives the Avs a chance to look halfway decent for their home crowd.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Should've been Minny. Super excited to see them try and make a preseason rivalry look halfway interesting.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm not certain we've actually seen a truly great game with any of these outdoor spectacles. Usually it's noticeably slower with a lot less offensive creativity and really bad camera angles. I can only imagine how bad it's gotta be for spectactors who have front row seats that are about 100 feet away from the actual rink.

I'm more than okay with these from a novelty and marketing standpoint, but truth of the matter they just don't make for good hockey. The more I think about it the less I care about who they play. In fact, I'd rather they NOT play a division rival because I want this game to be as non-impactful as possible.

Reactions: MarkT

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Colo should be top 5 in the league next year. Great time to have them in this.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Welp, the logo has AF and Navy, need to shoehorn Army and Coast Guard in there somehow to get all the services represented and make it totally jingoistic affair.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Senper Fi, bitc ...

I'm glad to see the Springs get a game, but the whole military-sports thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Growing up and watching AFA games (wishbone yeah?) was one thing. But seeing hockey or any sport try and assert itself as a patriotic gesture is just sad. American or otherwise.
All that said, I get a little homesick here in the north of Sweden and would love to be at this game.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
9512DEDB-5424-44D3-AD98-ABBDC8EDF403.jpeg

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
EJO4MCgVUAculyV.jpg

This can't be real right? Seriously what the f*** is that? Why can't we have nice things? That's gonna go down in the history books right next to those Vancouver V jerseys. Some one should get fired for this bull shit.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I refuse to believe that those are real. We've done so well with jerseys lately.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
For as weird as the design is, it is at least intriguing. What gets me most about these is all the empty burgundy on the bottom.
At any rate, I hope these are fake or at least a very poor example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->