Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
This may seem like a minor thing but I think the Kroenkes should renovate the locker room. I went in there in 2004 and it's largely the same and poor compared to its counterparts around the league. Even the Air Force Academy's facilities seem nicer. I think it's important for the organization to attract and keep players to keep things as modern as possible. Of course winning first and foremost retains players but upgrading facilities can only help.

Reactions: arun

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This may seem like a minor thing but I think the Kroenkes should renovate the locker room. I went in there in 2004 and it's largely the same and poor compared to its counterparts around the league. Even the Air Force Academy's facilities seem nicer. I think it's important for the organization to attract and keep players to keep things as modern as possible. Of course winning first and foremost retains players but upgrading facilities can only help.

Agreed. Somewhat annoying that the Avs tend to get a little behind on things like facilities. They didn't upgrade the scoreboard to HD until the frickin' Cutthroats did it first. The locker rooms definitely need an upgrade, especially when you see how crazy luxurious the Nuggets' locker room is decked out, hi-def screens and all.

They also need to look into upgrading their practice facility, Family Sports is getting fairly old.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Agreed. Somewhat annoying that the Avs tend to get a little behind on things like facilities. They didn't upgrade the scoreboard to HD until the frickin' Cutthroats did it first. The locker rooms definitely need an upgrade, especially when you see how crazy luxurious the Nuggets' locker room is decked out, hi-def screens and all.

They also need to look into upgrading their practice facility, Family Sports is getting fairly old.

Family Sports was getting old when I played there in high school 15 years ago... and the location sucks.

Avs facilities are laughably dated but it's no coincidence. They are just one of the KSE stepchildren behind Josh's can't-do-wrong Nuggets. Nugs locker room has been remodeled three times in the last 12 years. And oh yeah, they have an onsite practice facility. Must be nice. Heck, DU has nicer facilities at Magness/Ritchie.

Clainer09

Sep 12, 2012
Prince Edward Island

I went on a Pepsi Center tour this past December and our tour guide said they plan to renovate the Avs dressing room by next year. The Nuggets facilities are world class so they want them to be comparable.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The Opera glasses were a joke, but I said screw and decided to just send it. So I'll be the one in the stands that looks like an ass.
20200204_143413.jpg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Opera glasses were a joke, but I said screw and decided to just send it. So I'll be the one in the stands that looks like an ass.View attachment 316365

Be sure to have a Brandy snifter handy so when something shocking happens your monocle will drop into it.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
kinda been done already...

DAUGsauaJWdM6P4K5at55KqH-axwV2g3co5eTGcKMGcFganI0kR2WN9BZzl6UgNfNpZ5YFijttO2Dy6MhwByg3quL4SLgKjnMq3Cqf7ats9QaFgp1eFDoUnkfBM8YCribCbpUph_LcDOe9Er8iuk9sK-eg

I'm sure it's been done plenty of times, but my top hat is themed and my opera glasses are the correct color.

I do actually have a pocket watch floating around somewhere. I unironically used it as a kid before cell phones were a thing and my school banned wrist watches for a few weeks, because they said they were "Distracting".

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I do actually have a pocket watch floating around somewhere. I unironically used it as a kid before cell phones were a thing and my school banned wrist watches for a few weeks, because they said they were "Distracting".
Edit: The URL had a swear word in it. f*** it, I'm not finding another gif.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas for transportation to get back to Denver after the game?

Also, will they be selling alcohol in Falcon Stadium? Not sure on the rules b/c it’s a military academy.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Imagine not selling beer at a professional sporting event.

I’d riot, good thing they have the military close by.
Lol it’s not as crazy as you think. Alcohol is banned at all SEC sporting events and their stadiums. I’m praying it’s different at Falcon Stadium (at least for this game). Otherwise I need to Amazon Prime “plastic flasks” ASAP.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Lol it’s not as crazy as you think. Alcohol is banned at all SEC sporting events and their stadiums. I’m praying it’s different at Falcon Stadium (at least for this game). Otherwise I need to Amazon Prime “plastic flasks” ASAP.

I definitely had multiple beers inside Tiger Stadium for the LSU/Florida game last year. It's a school-by-school basis for whether or not to sell alcohol. I'd be surprised if an NHL event didn't have alcohol sales no matter where the game is located.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
The weather looks really nice for the game on Saturday. I'll be arriving as soon as the gates open and tailgating my face off. I have a new Avs cornhole set that I'll be breaking in as well. Feel free to PM me if you want to stop by for a burger, beer, etc.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I definitely had multiple beers inside Tiger Stadium for the LSU/Florida game last year. It's a school-by-school basis for whether or not to sell alcohol. I'd be surprised if an NHL event didn't have alcohol sales no matter where the game is located.
I believe that rule was only recently instituted allowing schools to make their own decisions. Before then, it was a total ban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad