Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The only thing I'm against is any military theme. Eff that noise.

But there was a real chance here to make a very cool, very simple design that could have still been unique. They shit the bed by making everything look giant.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The only thing I'm against is any military theme. Eff that noise.

But there was a real chance here to make a very cool, very simple design that could have still been unique. They **** the bed by making everything look giant.
They don't have a choice to make things small. They are playing in 50,000+ seat football stadium not a 18,000 seat arena. They have to make things big so the people in the upper deck can actually see what's going on.

The design is for one game, in a big stadium, it's designed for that, and it does the job for that. It wasn't designed for every game use, if it was for every day, then I'd agree with you. But for a one time game where fans aren't right on top of the action and it's difficult to see from the upper seats, it's not bad.

The fact is this jersey is a one time use jersey. The reactions on here are way over board. It's ok to not like the jersey, but at the end of the day it's for one game and no one is forcing you to buy it or watch your favorite team wear it every game. It will be gone before you know it, and you won't ever have to look at it again if you don't want to.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Come on mate, you don't like camo green?

NO, absolutely despise it when sports teams don camo. It's military propaganda, plain and simple. I don't want to go any further than that for fear of derailing this thread.

And before anyone says otherwise, don't try that "It's to honor the troops" nonsense. It isn't.

Reactions: Jayricho

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
NO, absolutely despise it when sports teams don camo. It's military propaganda, plain and simple. I don't want to go any further than that for fear of derailing this thread.

And before anyone says otherwise, don't try that "It's to honor the troops" nonsense. It isn't.
2tfqlx.jpg

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, okay?

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's at Airfoce academy.......

Yes, I know. And I have a few things to say about that. But I won't do that here.

And the one thing both teams did RIGHT was to resist the urge to employ a military theme to their uniforms, unlike the Leafs who came out with those all-white abominations a few years ago.

The only time I recall a military theme looking good on a sports uniform was what Navy came out with, but I'm almost willing to give that one a pass since it's the actual military academy students wearing them.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Lol come on man. The game is at a military institution. It's that propaganda too? I mean you allowed to have your own opinions, but if you're going to say controversial things then be prepared for backlash.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Lol come on man. The game is at a military institution. It's that propaganda too? I mean you allowed to have your own opinions, but if you're going to say controversial things then be prepared for backlash.

Do what you want, but I'm not going to pollute these forums with a 20-page debate. I've learned my lesson there.

I said all I'm gonna say on this. I have my thoughts, you have yours. Let's just go back to talking about ugly-ass jerseys.

Reactions: Avs425

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I was hoping the Avs would announce Gomer Pyle to help coach for this game and yell Sarge and Golly all game but i forgot he is in the Marines

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Agreed the backs look great, and I also agree the front could use a couple minor color tweeks, and it would be fine. Overall not nearly as bad as a lot of people are claiming it to be.

The front is pretty rough, but the jersey looks way better than the leaks did, plus I think they hit the colors perfectly. The concept is cool and I dig the idea, but a some better execution is needed. It's pretty meh overall to me though.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Still...some good ideas in there. To drive the idea home that this is an pond hockey-type of jersey they have the nameplates a little lower to make room for a hoodie.

Just a shame, these could have been brilliant if not for a couple very annoying design choices.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hate it in so many ways but I think what gets me most is that they actually made part of the burgundy mountains part of the crest. Like why is some of the burgundy shiny while the rest is just part of the fabric of the jersey?

this disconnect is beyond hideous
56E37180-157E-4BF9-8474-F38CD90CA0A5.jpeg

This is a different topic kinda but when will sports teams start opening things up for suggestion with fans? I realize teams spend a lot of money on graphic designers and stuff but this day in age there are a lot of talented “nobody’s” out there who might surprise you. Make a black and white animated prototype to let the world know what you’re kind of going for. Then have a fan contest where somebody has to then design the actual jersey and the winner gets a free trip to the game, gets a suite and gets to meet the players or something like that. How cool would that be. Who knows, you might even get somebody to design something like this...

ADA24007-CC81-4564-8456-25D3CECEF2F9.jpeg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I certainly don't think they look good and I'd never buy one but I can also see where people are coming from when they say they look better than the original pictures. I'm not sure how much of a compliment that is but it's something, right? Landeskog and Makar said the same thing, which means they also probably thought they looked terrible when they first saw them.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
In their defense I'm not entirely sure you could do it without that slightly unsightly seam across there. I think it has to be straight, but I honestly have no idea, just conjecture on my part.

Again, it's the top of that sweater that bothers me the very most. It just ruins anything that's good about the rest of it to me.

I'm also not entirely sure you can open the contest up to fan designs, not in this day and age. I believe the legal hurdles are just too complex. I believe the legendary Nuggets Skyline jerseys are the result of a fan design, and that guy didn't get paid hardly anything. Of course that was, like, 40 years ago. That wouldn't happen now.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
In their defense I'm not entirely sure you could do it without that slightly unsightly seam across there. I think it has to be straight, but I honestly have no idea, just conjecture on my part.

Again, it's the top of that sweater that bothers me the very most. It just ruins anything that's good about the rest of it to me.

I'm also not entirely sure you can open the contest up to fan designs, not in this day and age. I believe the legal hurdles are just too complex. I believe the legendary Nuggets Skyline jerseys are the result of a fan design, and that guy didn't get paid hardly anything. Of course that was, like, 40 years ago. That wouldn't happen now.
What I feel they could have done was only make the white “A” sewn on. That way everything beneath it would be consistent.

As for the fan thing I know nothing about the legalities of it. Just a suggestion since there are always fan concepts better than teams.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What I feel they could have done was only make the white “A” sewn on. That way everything beneath it would be consistent.

As for the fan thing I know nothing about the legalities of it. Just a suggestion since there are always fan concepts better than teams.

Believe me I'd be alllllll for it, if they can do it without it becoming some weird legal thing, then do it.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I dont care for Patrick if I'm being honest

Well actually, how can we forget the 2002 Game 7 implosion to Detroit after Roy's Game 6 "hotdog." That's definitely the worst moment in franchise history.

But the jerseys definitely have a bib-like quality.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My God, it's less like a uniform kit and more like a mural. There's like, 20 different things going on in that jersey. What a mess.

Kings used to have some of the best uniforms in hockey. Right now I'd say them and the Ducks (who conversely, have never really had a good one IMO) easily have the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad