Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas for transportation to get back to Denver after the game?

Also, will they be selling alcohol in Falcon Stadium? Not sure on the rules b/c it’s a military academy.
Traffic will suck. The "GAP" project south of Castle Rock to Monument makes going to the Springs a nightmare. You can avoid it by taking highway 83 or highway 105, but I imagine there will be others that do the same thing.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Traffic will suck. The "GAP" project south of Castle Rock to Monument makes going to the Springs a nightmare. You can avoid it by taking highway 83 or highway 105, but I imagine there will be others that do the same thing.
Thanks for heads up. Other than driving yourself, are there any other ways to get back? Are there any team/fan buses that are taking people back to Denver?

I wrote a few weeks ago asking about possibly taking an Uber back, but I’m afraid of not being able to get one in the post-game mayhem.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
That I don't know. Maybe check with the Avs? Call Pepsi Center Ticket Office and they may know. I was just planning to drive myself, until I realized I wouldn't be able to go. Uber would be expensive from Denver. It's about 75 miles from DIA to AFA.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas for transportation to get back to Denver after the game?

Also, will they be selling alcohol in Falcon Stadium? Not sure on the rules b/c it’s a military academy.

According to the NHL's fan guide, yes.

Alcohol Policy
Alcohol policies are listed below:
  • All fan purchasing alcohol must present a valid ID.
  • No alcohol will be sold to fans who appear intoxicated.
  • No alcohol will be sold to anyone in uniform.
  • There will be a limit of two (2) alcoholic beverages per transaction.
  • Management reserves the right to cut off alcohol sales at its discretion.
  • Fans who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age may be ejected for possessing alcohol.
  • Fans passing alcohol to minors will be ejected and subject to arrest.
  • Management reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any fan.
  • Outside alcoholic beverages may not be brought beyond the security screening. Any attempt to bring outside alcoholic beverages into the Truly Hard Seltzer NHL® PreGame or Falcon Stadium will be considered a violation of the NHL® Fan Code of Conduct and may result in the fan being ejected, arrested or tickets being revoked.
  • All alcohol sales will be discontinued at the beginning of the third period.

Tailgating
Tailgating or picnicking in the parking lot is permitted in designated areas only.

National Hockey League

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
I will be working stadium gate security augmentation for stadium series Avs'/Kings game. I'm a pig in slop watching the NHL build the temp ice rink inside Falcon Stadium. The display on the stadium floor around the ice rink is going to be magnanimous!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Anyone here from the springs? My girlfriend and I are spending the Sunday following the game in the springs. So just some recommendations on food, drink, things to do would be welcomed.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Anyone here from the springs? My girlfriend and I are spending the Sunday following the game in the springs. So just some recommendations on food, drink, things to do would be welcomed.

The Wines of Colorado
8045 US-24, Cascade, CO 80809
(719) 684-0900
Google Maps

Worth checking out if you are into wine, but the indoor dining room is smaller. So I'm not sure what wait times will be like edit* in the winter. It's super chill and romantic in the summer because it's by a creek. It's also a little outside of town in the mountains though. Pretty drive

Rocky Mountain Brewery
625 Paonia St, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
(719) 528-1651
Google Maps

One of the better brewerys in the area

Cy's Drive-In Restaurant
1833 W Uintah St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(719) 630-7008
Google Maps

Diner that claims to have come out with the Big Mac prior to McDonalds.

Beyond that, Manitou Springs, and Old Colorado City are cute little downtown areas to explore.

I'm at a loss for really fine dining, but its been 10 years lol. Those are places I miss though. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The Wines of Colorado
8045 US-24, Cascade, CO 80809
(719) 684-0900
Google Maps

Worth checking out if you are into wine, but the indoor dining room is smaller. So I'm not sure what wait times will be like edit* in the winter. It's super chill and romantic in the summer because it's by a creek. It's also a little outside of town in the mountains though. Pretty drive

Rocky Mountain Brewery
625 Paonia St, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
(719) 528-1651
Google Maps

One of the better brewerys in the area

Cy's Drive-In Restaurant
1833 W Uintah St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(719) 630-7008
Google Maps

Diner that claims to have come out with the Big Mac prior to McDonalds.

Beyond that, Manitou Springs, and Old Colorado City are cute little downtown areas to explore.

I'm at a loss for really fine dining, but its been 10 years lol. Those are places I miss though. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Very much appreciated!

Reactions: CobraAcesS

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Imagine not selling beer at a professional sporting event.

I’d riot, good thing they have the military close by.
Manchester United, Theatre of Dreams.
FYI, I travelled to the Springs a couple of times the last couple of weeks for work and the Tomah side road is closed at times due to expansion. But this is 10000000% true, holy **** it is bad.

Home - Edelweiss German Restaurant

Very good German food, especially if you love sour stuffs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Those actually don't bother me at all, though I'd probably prefer plain blue helmets, especially since there's so much going on with the jersey to begin with.

Frankie's pads and helmet though are straight :scool:

Reactions: arun

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'll admit those jerseys are growing on me a bit, but I still think they missed out on something amazing.

Regardless, they're wearing these for ONE game, then they're gone. Unless they bring 'em back as a third jersey, but I don't think they will.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
EQmwK1IUYAEzgu3

When you look at the logo from this perspective, it looks like a stealth bomber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad