Avs to get Stadium Series at USAFA next year

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
The jersey makes sense, it was designed to represent the Avalanche. Say you comapre an avs game to revealing the new jersey back to front

1st period = back of jersey: you look and see that it looks okay with a bit of promise shown, you think man ok i think theyll do this!

2nd period = side of jersey: oh no, you start to get a little worried and doubt starts to settle in

3rd period = front of jersey: oh my goodness what the hell happened how did they screw up so bad

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
giphy.gif

InfamousDefenselessIcelandichorse-small.gif

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 1

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not sure why people think the jersey is terrible. It's actually pretty good, now that I see it on someone.

To each their own I guess. I personally like that they didn't just do something boring and re hashed a million times, they at least took a chance and didn't just put "Colorado" on the front in cursive and call it a day. Sure I'd make some minor tweeks but overall IMO not bad.

Reactions: Foppberg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Saw on twitter someone mentioned that it looks like Gabe is about to eat lobster. I can not unsee the napkin tucked into his collar now.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I feel embarrassed for Gabe, Cale and Mikko trying to put on their badass battle faces while wearing that thing

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Saw on twitter someone mentioned that it looks like Gabe is about to eat lobster. I can not unsee the napkin tucked into his collar now.

The pics the Avs twitter posted of him first seeing/putting on the jersey are rather humorous too. Much like the now infamous Duchene jumbotron photo, they're just a moment in time but he certainly looks like he'd rather be doing just about anything else other than putting on that abomination of a jersey.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not sure why people think the jersey is terrible. It's actually pretty good, now that I see it on someone.

To each their own I guess. I personally like that they didn't just do something boring and re hashed a million times, they at least took a chance and didn't just put "Colorado" on the front in cursive and call it a day. Sure I'd make some minor tweeks but overall IMO not bad.

I think the back looks awesome now honestly. The A on the front looks better than it did initially, but is still a little rough. But I also agree, at least we didn’t just do cursive on our jerseys.

Reactions: chet1926

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The pics the Avs twitter posted of him first seeing/putting on the jersey are rather humorous too. Much like the now infamous Duchene jumbotron photo, they're just a moment in time but he certainly looks like he'd rather be doing just about anything else other than putting on that abomination of a jersey.

Before the leak on November 12th, the Avs were 10-5-2. Since then they are 15-10-4.

I don't believe in coincidences.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think the back looks awesome now honestly. The A on the front looks better than it did initially, but is still a little rough. But I also agree, at least we didn’t just do cursive on our jerseys.
Agreed the backs look great, and I also agree the front could use a couple minor color tweeks, and it would be fine. Overall not nearly as bad as a lot of people are claiming it to be.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I definitely won't be buying one of those. Are controlled test groups not a thing anymore? I don't know how that gets approved. It looks like they're wearing mini jerseys with a long red shirt underneath.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I definitely won't be buying one of those. Are controlled test groups not a thing anymore? I don't know how that gets approved. It looks like they're wearing mini jerseys with a long red shirt underneath.

Focus groups can be just as stupid, if not worse, than a corporate boardroom full of suits.

I think the legal hurdles are too big to overcome, but I think if you set up a uniform design challenge and had people enter you'd see overall designs skyrocket in terms of quality.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Focus groups can be just as stupid, if not worse, than a corporate boardroom full of suits.

I think the legal hurdles are too big to overcome, but I think if you set up a uniform design challenge and had people enter you'd see overall designs skyrocket in terms of quality.
I did really like those fan made ones Moser posted on Twitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad