Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Does anyone feel with the issue with management and making deals to re-sign it's own players maybe undesirable? I just can't fathom why every player on this team has to fight to get a contract. Yet other teams seem to really have no issues.

Its really only been Barrie and ROR. EJ, Landy, Dutchy, Varly all signed no problem. Hell Duchene took a bridge deal once. And i get the feeling Grigs, and Zads can and will be extended no problem

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Does anyone feel with the issue with management and making deals to re-sign it's own players maybe undesirable? I just can't fathom why every player on this team has to fight to get a contract. Yet other teams seem to really have no issues.

I wouldn't even say it's difficult. It's about time, if they have it then they intend to use it. They take an eternity to do everything. They don't need anyone signed until camp so they don't have to do it now. If they can get a better deal by waiting then that's what they'll do.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
It does not look like we'll be getting a re-signing today from the Avs, so I shall start burning candles that the Oilers sign Demers tomorrow. If they do that, we won't have to worry about Barrie to Edmonton.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Should be the other way around. They'll never replace what Landy brings to this team physically, and defensively while still being very good offensively.

Losing ROR and Landy's two way games in the top 6 is not a recipe for long term success.

huh Landeskog has been physical since his first season. He isn't great offensively or defensively. I'd say he's above average.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I like Dale Weise... depends a lot on the contract though. On a ~2m contract I'd be happy with him as a 3rd liner. Huge improvement on Marty being there with Soda and Comeau.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
We already have Martinsen / Rantanen / Grigorenko. No thanks. Good SAR buy if it's two way.

Rants and Grigo are likely in the top 6... Marty should be an extra or 4th liner at best. Weise can add something to the 3rd or 4th lines.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I would take Weise over Skille everyday.

I'm actually debating Matthias (3yr @2.5m) vs McGinn (3yr @3.5m) with a fellow fan over text. I think I'd have to lean McGinn although I like Matthias more as a 2way player

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Dale Weise is a solid enough 4th line grinder (3rd if you stretch it I guess) so if we pay him like one ($1.5 million salary) and PLAY him like one...that is fine.

However...he has high "overpayment" potential tomorrow because he brings all those intangibles coaches and GM's love. That's really a great addition to your makeup when you are a really good hockey player. When you luck into about 10 goals in the first couple months of a season and people get conned into thinking you are more than your role...that's when the trouble starts. Let us remember how useless he was offenisvely (0 goals, 2 assists in 19 games) when he got to Chicago, not a couple of hot months to start the season in Montreal.

I fear some team is going to get priced out of a good hybrid 2nd/3rd liner like Brouwer and dump too much cash on Weise hoping he will get lucky again. I have this horrible nightmare that Roy would stick Comeau and Weise with Matty is his wingmen and then we all complain about his lack of production.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
McGinn at 3.5m is probably a bit much, but I'd absolutely love to have him back. I'd pay it.

Dale Weise is a solid enough 4th line grinder (3rd if you stretch it I guess) so if we pay him like one ($1.5 million salary) and PLAY him like one...that is fine.

However...he has high "overpayment" potential tomorrow because he brings all those intangibles coaches and GM's love. That's really a great addition to your makeup when you are a really good hockey player. When you luck into about 10 goals in the first couple months of a season and people get conned into thinking you are more than your role...that's when the trouble starts. Let us remember how useless he was offenisvely (0 goals, 2 assists in 19 games) when he got to Chicago, not a couple of hot months to start the season in Montreal.

I fear some team is going to get priced out of a good hybrid 2nd/3rd liner like Brouwer and dump too much cash on Weise hoping he will get lucky again.

Weise was hot for a season and a half for Montreal. His 14-15 season was pretty solid. In Chicago, he got buried in depth and wasn't terribly liked by Q.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I would take Weise over Skille everyday.

I'm actually debating Matthias (3yr @2.5m) vs McGinn (3yr @3.5m) with a fellow fan over text. I think I'd have to lean McGinn although I like Matthias more as a 2way player

I prefer Matthias due to McGinn and his back issues.

Plus if we're looking at Weise why not just bring back Matthias

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
If we traded Mitchell and brought in Weise for cheap to play on the 4th line with Compher/McLeod then sure. I just don't want to pay him what I think he'll get

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

I fear some team is going to get priced out of a good hybrid 2nd/3rd liner like Brouwer and dump too much cash on Weise hoping he will get lucky again. I have this horrible nightmare that Roy would stick Comeau and Weise with Matty is his wingmen and then we all complain about his lack of production.

Well I mean he scored ten the previous year and 6 before that but I get what you're saying and he definitely has that 2.5M Brandon Prust type thing going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad