Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Landy consistently made bad penalties throughout the year and for me never really showed the same talent as he did in his rookie season. I just wish he was a center and not a winger. We are low on wingers.

the classic try to justify making a rash trade to make the blow less devastating if something actually went down. just like the ROR situation...:(

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You guys are all awesome and all but I am unfollowing anybody on Twitter who tweets stupid crap like "Breaking: Yakupov traded for entire Avalanche organization". So just a heads up that if you notice I unfollowed you, it's nothing personal. I'm just done with seeing tweets of fake trades and sarcastic trades.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I have to admit, while i dont believe any Barrie to anywhere rumors...this year in particular

Once I heard Landy, and then I remember hearing how Roy was dissapointed in the core and Landy pretty much IS the core and he had a couple bad leadership moments (first game, 3 game suspension ..when they really needed him) I kinda believe they are wanting to move on from him.

by the end of the season (especially after his Duchene celly issue) I think Landy was one of the last parts of the core Roy wanted to trade

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There is going to be some really good bargain shopping to be had this year. Not great players you want in big roles, but players you can slot into a bottom pairing/bottom 6 sort of roles on the cheap.

You guys are all awesome and all but I am unfollowing anybody on Twitter who tweets stupid crap like "Breaking: Yakupov traded for entire Avalanche organization". So just a heads up that if you notice I unfollowed you, it's nothing personal. I'm just done with seeing tweets of fake trades and sarcastic trades.

But I never tweet... maybe I'll make an exception for you.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Oh yeah, that was big time stupid. And whatever that Lord of the Rings BS was.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Now that just sounds like a challenge to see how close to the edge someone can get without the hammer coming down :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Wiz would be great on a 1 year deal. He isn't an ideal top 4 guy, but he has played at that level for years before his ACL. He would be great to fill out the bottom pairing, and he probably see opportunity here for a bigger role. Worst case he is a deadline sell off on a 1 year deal.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
There is going to be some really good bargain shopping to be had this year. Not great players you want in big roles, but players you can slot into a bottom pairing/bottom 6 sort of roles on the cheap.

Yeah we don't have the cap space to do anything significant so I'd be happy if we just get one or two role players for a bargain value signed for a few years. Maybe they can step up and replace Johnny Mitchell or someone back when they were good.

Asides from that, just stay the course, get a good draft pick, bring in a new coach in 2016-17 and make use of the cap space then once Iggy's contract is gone and Beuchemin potentially traded or bought out for that last year. Some combo of Rantanen/Landeskog/Grigorenko/Jost should provide for three top six wingers in the future so need to add one via FA next season or so.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Yeah we don't have the cap space to do anything significant so I'd be happy if we just get one or two role players for a bargain value signed for a few years. Maybe they can step up and replace Johnny Mitchell or someone back when they were good.

Asides from that, just stay the course, get a good draft pick, bring in a new coach in 2016-17 and make use of the cap space then once Iggy's contract is gone and Beuchemin potentially traded or bought out for that last year. Some combo of Rantanen/Landeskog/Grigorenko/Jost should provide for three top six wingers in the future so need to add one via FA next season or so.

With the additions in the central we going to have a high pick (maybe even at the lottery level) make your major moves then if this rebuild is done and you need to start over.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I was really hoping the Avs would at least re-sign someone today...

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
With the additions in the central we going to have a high pick (maybe even at the lottery level) make your major moves then if this rebuild is done and you need to start over.

Well we don't need to start over. EJ is gonna be old in a few years but should still be good, goalie situations are always volatile but the rest of the guys like Duchene/Mac/Landeskog/Barrie should all be able to contribute along with the other young guys and by that time maybe Jost and a couple others draw in.

I'm really strongly convinced that it's gonna be a high pick and this is maybe the last chance to get a high pick while still rolling with the current core of players. One good FA winger isn't gonna make us go from a bottom 5 team next season that I expect to being a playoff team, especially not with Roy so just ride it out imo and think to 2017-18.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Does Zads or MacK get a new contract first

I can't imagine the holdup with Pickard, neither side would seem to be looking at a longterm deal right now and the salary shouldn't be hard to agree to.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'd like the development camp news, I'd like to plan my week but ya know, whatever.

Doesn't Barrie have to file for arbitration by the 5th? Or am I losing it?

I wouldn't think Barrie would file for arbitration. I would have guessed the Avs will if they can't make a deal. I don't know what the dates are though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Canucks won't have the privilege of overpaying Lucic tomorrow. Things appear to be looking up for the Oilers on that front.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs don't see a screaming need I hope they just stay away tomorrow and then in a few days pick up someone that didn't find a team July 1st for pennies.

One year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad