Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
3 way deal

Doubt this will actually happen but they've been saying some crazy stuff in the rumours.

Avs trade barrie + landy to flames for Hamilton + Brodie + 2nd

Avs trade Hamilton + 2nd to Edmonton for RNH

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I must be missing something. Where is this Brodie thing coming from? Calgary would be nuts to trade him.

Of course Avs would be nuts to trade Landeskog but that's the current chatter.

Strange days.

Not really, Landeskog is a winger and not really the best player on this team or in his position. Just because he's captain doesn't deserve to be placed into the "untouchable" realm.

Getting a quality player like Brodie for Landeskog would not be nuts in terms of Avs point of view. I am more concerned about Fowler and if that takes Landy to get him, but as I said, we can find another player of Landeskogs strengths in almost any draft compared to thr talent level of TJ or Cam.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Cam Fowler's name belongs in the same sentence, paragraph, page, or even book as guys like Landeskog and Brodie.

Landeskog is pretty close to being untouchable for me but if we're talking Hampus Lindholm? Yeah, I might be able to get behind that one.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
The Brodie comment came from one of those Twitter guys saying something like "I hope Avs fans like Brodie..."

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
So Barrie and Landeskog for Brodie and RNH? Upgrade on D and downgrade up front. What's the point of it happening? Why not just keep our guys

I keep coming up with trade possibilities in my head (Like Landy for Hamonic+ or Barrie for RNH), and I keep coming back to the same question you ask...what's the point? Why not keep our guys?

Other than for the purposes of shaking up the core, I don't see the point of some of these potential trades. I feel like we'll lose on value.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
So Barrie and Landeskog for Brodie and RNH? Upgrade on D and downgrade up front. What's the point of it happening? Why not just keep our guys

Don't know. It was just a random thought that crossed my mind with all the rumours. Edmonton really wanted Hamilton last year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
All this rumors just sound very unrealistic. Edmonton wants Barrie because they need defense so obviously they'll offer a forward, and why would the Avs who also need defense and looking to upgrade the d would trade Barrie for a forward? And where does all the Landeskog for Brodie thing come from?

Why not just start more rumors. Barrie and Duchene for Ovechkin maybe?

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
If Barrie and Landy fetches Brodie and RNH, that's a huge no thanks. Even if u replace trouba with Brodie, still a no thanks

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Spectors is decent isn't he?

He posted that there may be an Avs trade today. Seems like something will go down. Just a matter of when and who.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If Barrie and Landy fetches Brodie and RNH, that's a huge no thanks. Even if u replace trouba with Brodie, still a no thanks

You make it sound like Trouba is better than Brodie...Brodie is a pipe dream. Easily our best defender.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I have to admit, while i dont believe any Barrie to anywhere rumors...this year in particular

Once I heard Landy, and then I remember hearing how Roy was dissapointed in the core and Landy pretty much IS the core and he had a couple bad leadership moments (first game, 3 game suspension ..when they really needed him) I kinda believe they are wanting to move on from him.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
is-it-safe_zps83aba7f2.jpg

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I have to admit, while i dont believe any Barrie to anywhere rumors...this year in particular

Once I heard Landy, and then I remember hearing how Roy was dissapointed in the core and Landy pretty much IS the core and he had a couple bad leadership moments (first game, 3 game suspension ..when they really needed him) I kinda believe they are wanting to move on from him.

This. He's easily the first core player I'd trade assuming Barrie is willing to sign.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

Actually Roy said that Landy and EJ were the only core players who cared all season and were still trying down the stretch.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan

Landy consistently made bad penalties throughout the year and for me never really showed the same talent as he did in his rookie season. I just wish he was a center and not a winger. We are low on wingers.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Trading Landeskog would hurt no matter what but even more so after losing O'Reilly and Stastny in the last two offseasons. Can't keep losing good......great defensive forwards.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Landeskog played on a 58 point pace when he was obviously hurt half the season and couldn't pass or shoot the puck. It wasn't a great first half of the year for him, but he'll bounce back in a big way next year is my bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad