Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's impossible to put on 20 pounds of muscle in just the off-season...you couldn't even do that in a year.

I'd not say "impossible". ;)

Kordic reported to camp in the fall of "86 looking like the Incredible Bulk. He had added at least 15 pounds of muscle, tipping the scales at a rock-hard 220. Perron was alarmed. "No question, he had been using steroids," he says.

http://www.si.com/vault/1992/08/24/...ontributed-to-the-fall-of-hockeys-john-kordic

Joking aside, of course Mack didn't add 20 lbs of muscle during that summer but he did add some serious weight.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It's impossible to put on 20 pounds of muscle in just the off-season...you couldn't even do that in a year.

20lb of added muscle in a year is actually plausible, but it's very hard to do. And it often gets harder the farther along you go. If someone is dedicated to it, even one lb/month of added muscle is quite a success story.

This assumes doing it naturally, of course (which I'm assuming MacKinnon and Zadorov did). If one solicits chemical help, those numbers can likely go up.

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

It's doable. I put on 20 lbs in 8 months. I weighed 165 when I moved to AZ in May of 2014. I left in Jan 2015 and weighed 189. Living at higher altitudes always made it harder for me to put on weight when working out. For whatever reason living in AZ, and my diet clicked and I put on a ton of muscle weight. I've leaned out since, but it's doable. Only supplements used were creatine every other month, and MP Combat powder.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
probably more akin to when mackinnon put on 20 lbs of muscle after his rookie year. Came from the lips Sakic so a little more reliable than Dater

The point I was trying to make is that him adding muscle won't magically make him a better hockey player. Mack is a good example too actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad