Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I saw that too and then checked on it later the same day. I think it was a fake account/false rumor some Avs fan on Twitter must've retweeted.

post-58833-the-office-Ryan-it-was-not-me-XF5G.gif

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
He could have a 'Dave Andreychuk-like' rebound season when everyone thought he was done. But for me it's not about the points, it's all the board battles that he can't seem to come on top of anymore. He's just not a viable top-6 option anymore and he's a borderline 3rd line option at this point because of his lack of speed.

The sooner he's off the books, the better, imo.

Not to distract, but what are you referencing here? Dave Andreychuk swam the seas of mediocrity for about 5 straight seasons before retiring.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This article is interesting on the expansion draft.

http://sinbin.vegas/curious-role-ufas-expansion-draft/

I hadn't heard this rule.

During a normal season, NHL teams are strictly prohibited from speaking to pending UFAs until the league year begins on July 1st. However, if a UFA is left unprotected in the Expansion Draft, Las Vegas will be granted exclusive rights to negotiate a contract with the player during the three day draft period on June 17-20. If Las Vegas comes to an agreement with a player, and a deal is signed, that player is considered Vegas’ selection in the draft from the UFAs current team.

For example, San Jose elects to leave Joe Thornton exposed in the Expansion Draft. Las Vegas will have the opportunity to speak to Thornton from the 17th to the 20th to discuss a contract. If an agreement is reach, and an official deal is signed, Thornton becomes the one player Las Vegas has selected from the Sharks. His 2017-18 contract will be used toward the 60% cap rule, and no other team ever had an opportunity to negotiate with him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hmmm.. Maybe Las Vegas will take Johnny Malkin or Patrick Wiercioch if either are left unsigned. I could definitely see Wiercioch being a possible Vegas signing.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm trying to remember the last time there was an expansion draft - has anyone really good ever been taken/lost/exposed unexpectedly? All I remember are teams full of Kelly Buchberger's and Wes Walz's.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Not to distract, but what are you referencing here? Dave Andreychuk swam the seas of mediocrity for about 5 straight seasons before retiring.

I'm referencing the fact that when we got Dave Andreychuk in the Bourque deal, it was a bad fit and he looked completely done. I didn't think he had ANY hockey left in him at all and I thought he was going to hang them up.

He put up mediocre numbers with the Avs and looked extremely slow. Somehow, he STILL went on to have 4 straight 20 goal seasons following his departure from Colorado at age 37 including a Stanley Cup win in 2004.

My point is that I don't care if that's what Iginla can go on to do after this year, I just don't want it to be with us.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm trying to remember the last time there was an expansion draft - has anyone really good ever been taken/lost/exposed unexpectedly? All I remember are teams full of Kelly Buchberger's and Wes Walz's.

A team of cast aways beat us once upon a time in the playoffs. Wes Walz happened to be on said team.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hmmm.. Maybe Las Vegas will take Johnny Malkin or Patrick Wiercioch if either are left unsigned. I could definitely see Wiercioch being a possible Vegas signing.

Ha, I wish.

We'll see how things go this season. In a perfect world, one of the kids really steps up and makes Soderberg expendable. The problem solves itself.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I saw that too and then checked on it later the same day. I think it was a fake account/false rumor some Avs fan on Twitter must've retweeted.

Oh thank God. Thought I was going loopy hahaha. Moral of the story, if it ain't official, it ain't official - lesson learned :nod:

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
A team of cast aways beat us once upon a time in the playoffs. Wes Walz happened to be on said team.

I remember Minnesota fans bragging about how Walz shut down Forsberg in that series (he had 8 points in 7 games). I told them they either had the bar really high for Forsberg or really low for Walz if that was considered being shut down.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Mrazek asking for 5M, Detroit offering a 2 year at 2.7M and 3.1M.

I hope he gets close to 5 and handcuffs them! Anyways, makes me wonder when Barrie's ask will come out...

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
One thing I see happening is that Barrie's ask for an arbitration deal is going to be less than his ask on a long term deal. So say Barrie's ask is $5.5M or $6M for the 1 or 2 years, everyone is going to be wondering why the Avs are so cheap and they should give him at least that much for 8 years. I suspect I will be annoyed after the numbers come out.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I hope he gets close to 5 and handcuffs them! Anyways, makes me wonder when Barrie's ask will come out...

That's a tough one to peg. There isn't a ton of data on Mrazek. He's only been the "starter" for 1 full season, where he put up solid numbers. He has less than 100 games played in his career. So IMO it would be tough for an arbitrator to side closer to 5, as the guys at that price point have much more experience sans one guy in Frederik Andersen.

But then you look at goalie salaries, you have Martin Jones at 3M per as a good comp but then most of the other guys are at 4.25M+ but they all seem to be a bit older and have more experience.

It will be interesting to see where that one lands. My guess is close to 3.5-3.75M per on a 2 year deal, assuming he plays well those 2 seasons, he'll get paid after that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

They're already handcuffed by Howard. Holland is going to work like hell to move him, and probably succeed (though, like the Datsyuk cap hit, it'll probably be costly).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ha, I wish.

We'll see how things go this season. In a perfect world, one of the kids really steps up and makes Soderberg expendable. The problem solves itself.

I wouldn't mind keeping Soderberg as the 3C moving forward. The only player we need signed right now is Barrie, and then next season I believe Zadorov and Grigorenko (who won't cripple the team at all), so I'd rather someone else get claimed instead of Soderberg.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Mrazek's agent is the same as Barrie's and O'Reilly's. Mrazek posted this on his instagram today.

How we gonna manage arbitration on wednesday with Ken Holland

It appears they relish it.

One thing I see happening is that Barrie's ask for an arbitration deal is going to be less than his ask on a long term deal. So say Barrie's ask is $5.5M or $6M for the 1 or 2 years, everyone is going to be wondering why the Avs are so cheap and they should give him at least that much for 8 years. I suspect I will be annoyed after the numbers come out.

You just know the morons on the main board are going to do that. "See, they are so cheap they won't even pay him 5.5 million long term, Roy must really hate Barrie!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad