Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If Barrie's ask was 5.5-6 he'd be signed already.

Completely disagree with that. Why would the Avs sign him to a 2 year 5.5-6m deal? I could see 5.5 right before the hearing just to avoid, but right now, there is no reason for the Avs to do that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wouldn't mind keeping Soderberg as the 3C moving forward. The only player we need signed right now is Barrie, and then next season I believe Zadorov and Grigorenko (who won't cripple the team at all), so I'd rather someone else get claimed instead of Soderberg.

I'm gunna update my post with who's signed until which offseason after the Barrie situation gets sorted out; but I'm pretty sure Zads is the only big name who'll need a contract next summer.

Greg and Gelinas are also RFAs after this season, who could require real commitments if they have strong seasons...though I'm not holding my breath on Gelinas being more than adequate, even with that howitzer of his and Barrie carrying him for a big chunk of the year; like I expect to see happen.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm referencing the fact that when we got Dave Andreychuk in the Bourque deal, it was a bad fit and he looked completely done. I didn't think he had ANY hockey left in him at all and I thought he was going to hang them up.

He put up mediocre numbers with the Avs and looked extremely slow. Somehow, he STILL went on to have 4 straight 20 goal seasons following his departure from Colorado at age 37 including a Stanley Cup win in 2004.

My point is that I don't care if that's what Iginla can go on to do after this year, I just don't want it to be with us.

That's valid, I didn't remember Andreychuk being so terrible for us but his stats were ugly. I hadn't realized he was so old with us either.

A team of cast aways beat us once upon a time in the playoffs. Wes Walz happened to be on said team.

Lol I'm aware. I just couldn't remember there being an occasion where a really top end player ended up an expansion casualty - it always seems to be middle 6 players filling out those rosters.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Lol I'm aware. I just couldn't remember there being an occasion where a really top end player ended up an expansion casualty - it always seems to be middle 6 players filling out those rosters.

John Vanbiesbrouck maybe? He was a decent goalie in New York but hes about the closest thing I can think of otherwise I cant think of any star players being a casualty. Things might be different this go round though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This

How we gonna manage arbitration on wednesday with Ken Holland ��������

Very professional. :shakehead

Reminds me of Pat Morris' ridiculously immature radio interview after the Avs filed for arbitration with ROR.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The thing that bothers me about him losing board battles is not that hes losing them so much its that there seems to be little to no effort at times. We seen him when he tries and more often than not he comes out of those just fine its the lack of effort at times that bothers the **** out of me.

One of the times he gave a little effort last season. BTW, how talented is Mack to get that shot off the way he did with as much power and accuracy off the wrong foot. That shot just looks so wrong technique wise but Mack makes it work.

Ironically Iggy won that battle off a pretty weak effort by Colborne fishing for the puck along the boards.

Hopefully that's not a consistent theme next year from him.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Ironically Iggy won that battle off a pretty weak effort by Colborne fishing for the puck along the boards.

Hopefully that's not a consistent theme next year from him.

A few anomaly's happened there. Colborne losing a board battle in which hes actually pretty decent and Iginla winning a board battle in which hes very bad at doing :laugh:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
probably more akin to when mackinnon put on 20 lbs of muscle after his rookie year. Came from the lips Sakic so a little more reliable than Dater

It's impossible to put on 20 pounds of muscle in just the off-season...you couldn't even do that in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille