Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
But we are needing Stuart's contract if we are going to upgrade our forwards, unless we get Drouin or another ELC guy.

Obviously we could make it work. Anything is possible. But it would cause the same problem as if we had signed O'Reilly, but even worse. We wouldn't have the money to upgrade the rest of the roster, which is much needed.

The difference between Barrie and Subban is not worth ignoring the forwards even further.

3-4 million we desperately need to invest into the best possible forward we can get.

What? We are needing Stuart's contract?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Obviously we could make it work. Anything is possible. But it would cause the same problem as if we had signed O'Reilly, but even worse. We wouldn't have the money to upgrade the rest of the roster, which is much needed.

The difference between Barrie and Subban is not worth ignoring the forwards even further.

Not only ignoring them, probably costing at least one.

Subban would cost the Avs Barrie for sure, and likely Rantanen. Not even mentioning draft picks.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
There is little chace of PK been traded, but:

Barrie + Duchene
for
Subban + Eller

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Huge pass on PK. Sure he will put up points, but at $9M that's a huge hit and would have to almost gut our team to get him. I'd rather use that money to fill other holes in the lineup that are more pressing issues than what upgrade PK would bring over say Barrie.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sakic spoke yesterday about how they were trying to get a #1D but none were available, were really hoping to shore up its Top 4, etc.

Now the very next day a #1D drops onto the market?

Gotta believe the Avs are gonna be all over this with a pretty damn good offer. I love Rantanen, but would easily move him ++ for Subban.

Rantanen + Grigorenko + 1st for Subban.

Then Barrie for Drouin + Killorn + 1st from Tampa.

We get our 1st back, a Rantanen replacement, and a Grigorenko replacement.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
No way would that get it done, IMO. The Avs would have to add far more, or take on an ugly contract, like MacDonald's.

Simmonds would almost certainly cost one of the top 3 prospects + 1st, or Barrie.

Correct. Mitchell/Bleackley/1st is an insulting offer, IMO, and then we want them to just sneak in a 4th rounder as well? :laugh:

Simmonds should, and will, cost a proverbial arm and a leg. We're talking about a 27 year old, 6'2", legitimate power forward(how many of those actually exist in the NHL today?), well on pace for a 3rd straight 25+ goal season, with an AAV under $4m for the next 3 years. 142 hits to lead all Flyers forwards, a massive net-front presence... I don't even understand why he would be available, to be completely honest.

If I'm the Flyers, I'd want Rantanen+Zadorov+1st for Simmonds.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Sakic spoke yesterday about how they were trying to get a #1D but none were available, were really hoping to shore up its Top 4, etc.

Now the very next day a #1D drops onto the market?

Gotta believe the Avs are gonna be all over this with a pretty damn good offer. I love Rantanen, but would easily move him ++ for Subban.

We get our 1st back, a Rantanen replacement, and a Grigorenko replacement.

In what world does Tampa make that deal?

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Not really interested in subban but that could change depending on what Barrie wants.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If he's traded it has to be Edmonton though. It just makes too much sense.

Nuge+Nurse+1st. That first will likely be top 3 but it's worth it for Edmonton. They don't need anymore top notch firepower up front. Maybe Montreal adds Eller to give Edmonton that 3rd line centre depth to help with the loss of Nuge.

Definitely a "hockey trade" to be made there.

I think that's a very good deal for Montreal. RNH + Nurse + Laine/Puljujarvi is a hell of a package. I'd imagine the Oilers would explore what type of D they could get 1 for 1 in an RNH deal before they package Nurse and another franchise level forward as well.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
And the Avalanche have just become the Nashville Predators.

It would be easier to find a second line center or top 6 winger down the road, imo.

I would prefer Galchenyuk to Eller, obviously, but we would probably have to add a high pick.

But i see 0,01% chance of PK been traded.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think that's a very good deal for Montreal. RNH + Nurse + Laine/Puljujarvi is a hell of a package. I'd imagine the Oilers would explore what type of D they could get 1 for 1 in an RNH deal before they package Nurse and another franchise level forward as well.

I think the Oilers already explored that 1 for 1 package and are probably feeling a lot of regret for not getting Jones. IF (and that's a big if) Subban is available the Oilers really need to do everything in their power to get him. Laine/Puuljv and RNH are completely expendable on that team. Especially when it means bringing in one of the best in the league. Nurse is definitely an important part of Edmonton's future but you gotta give to get and Montreal will need some form of defense coming back.

In my opinion it's actually an overpayment for Edmonton based on value but they are actually in a position to overpay based on their young forward assets. It's kind of like Buffalo getting ROR from us. I'm willing to bet the package they put together wouldn't come close to being matched by any other teams but because of their abundance of young assets they were in a position to overpay to get the most important player in the deal.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Why all the Simmonds talk? Is he actually on the trading block? I'd be ecstatic, he's a good player, but Philly's got him on a good contract that you can build around.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
In what world does Tampa make that deal?

Why would we do it for any less? Drouin's value has taken a bit hit and continues to take a hit with every passing day that he's not playing.

Barrie is a Top 10 Offensive Dman in the league. He would be the ideal partner for Hedman and pretty much exactly what Tampa is looking for. But he wouldn't be cheap either.

I wouldn't be moving Barrie for anything less than a package like that from Tampa. If we dont get an offer like that why would we move him?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Correct. Mitchell/Bleackley/1st is an insulting offer, IMO, and then we want them to just sneak in a 4th rounder as well? :laugh:

Simmonds should, and will, cost a proverbial arm and a leg. We're talking about a 27 year old, 6'2", legitimate power forward(how many of those actually exist in the NHL today?), well on pace for a 3rd straight 25+ goal season, with an AAV under $4m for the next 3 years. 142 hits to lead all Flyers forwards, a massive net-front presence... I don't even understand why he would be available, to be completely honest.

If I'm the Flyers, I'd want Rantanen+Zadorov+1st for Simmonds.

No kidding. I'm shocked his name comes up so much. They can't possibly be looking to move him for anything less than a huge overpayment.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Neither Montreal nor Tampa would touch those deals, IMO.

If the Avs were to get ahold of both Drouin and Subban, say goodbye to either Landeskog or Duchene.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Neither Montreal nor Tampa would touch those deals, IMO.

If the Avs were to get ahold of both Drouin and Subban, say goodbye to either Landeskog or Duchene.

Agreed. It's a complete pipe dream to think we can somehow acquire a #1 Norris winning defensman (even if I'm not a huge fan), and Drouin, and somehow keep all of Duchene, Landeskog, and MacKinnon.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

That's the one team that could probably pull off a Subban trade and not be killed by it in terms of gutting their current team. They have young talented forwards all over the place, and Montreal needs those very badly.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It just doesn't seem to make sense for MTL to trade Subban.

They've needed a #1 center forever. If they trade subban, they'd need both a #1 center and a #1 dman.

Edmonton does seem like the only team that could at least give them both those types of players, but as potential only.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It was a suggestion in the Dater podcast. The actual offer there was Mitchell and Comeau for him :laugh:

Dater suggested this? :amazed:

The Avs couldn't rent Simmonds for a couple of months in exchange for Comeau and Mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad