Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It was interesting that Sakic sounded like hes been trying to bring some pieces in before the deadline. If they were easy deals I'd guess they would have already happened.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
It was interesting that Sakic sounded like hes been trying to bring some pieces in before the deadline. If they were easy deals I'd guess they would have already happened.

A lot of teams are still on the hunt, and a team like the Leafs will probably try to get teams in a bidding war for their rentals.

What is the point to trade Polak now for a 3rd if you can maybe get a 2nd on deadline day?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think trading for Subban would be worth it. He's not worth his $9M cap hit and you have to give up so much to get him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The PK stuff feels just like the Duchene thing. Sure they should be finding out what his value is, doesn't mean he's getting traded. It's either to light a fire under him or the team that it gets out.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If I'm Montreal, I don't move Subban to Edmonton without Draisaitl over RNH. RNH is a good piece, but I'd try and force their hand after missing on Jones already.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Odd. I wonder if Dater has reason to think Simmonds is available? Seems odd that his name just came up randomly; of course the Avs would like him, who wouldn't?

That wasn't Dater's suggested trade though, his was the "Pickard + 2nd for Boedker". The point of the segment was that the 3 of them would share a deadline deal for the Avs, that they thought of, and then the others would comment on it.

It was kind of a bad segment, because all of their deals weren't really well thought out, in my view. The only one that someone could make an argument as "kind of close...ballpark at least" would be the Pickard + 2nd for Boedker, and that would only because you'd likely have to argue it as "Good/decent prospect + 2nd round pick for UFA Boedker". For the Avs though, that's not a great trade because Pickard is worth more to us than in a trade elsewhere.

The others though? Sheesh, they were bad. The podcast really didn't really have too much insightful information other than the Avs would move Tanguay if they could (and even then, that sounded more like speculation to me, than a hard piece of news), and that Dater (somewhat) regularly talks to Sakic (which isn't a surprise to me, it seemed like they were relatively friendly with one another...I think Joe tells him some stuff that's Off the Record).

It does seem like we'll have SOMETHING to talk about on TDL Day, but it more and more looks like it'll be depth moves rather than anything major (though, I guess until Drouin is traded to anywhere but the Avs, you can't completely count them out...)

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
That wasn't Dater's suggested trade though, his was the "Pickard + 2nd for Boedker". The point of the segment was that the 3 of them would share a deadline deal for the Avs, that they thought of, and then the others would comment on it.

It was kind of a bad segment, because all of their deals weren't really well thought out, in my view. The only one that someone could make an argument as "kind of close...ballpark at least" would be the Pickard + 2nd for Boedker, and that would only because you'd likely have to argue it as "Good/decent prospect + 2nd round pick for UFA Boedker". For the Avs though, that's not a great trade because Pickard is worth more to us than in a trade elsewhere.

The others though? Sheesh, they were bad. The podcast really didn't really have too much insightful information other than the Avs would move Tanguay if they could (and even then, that sounded more like speculation to me, than a hard piece of news), and that Dater (somewhat) regularly talks to Sakic (which isn't a surprise to me, it seemed like they were relatively friendly with one another...I think Joe tells him some stuff that's Off the Record).

It does seem like we'll have SOMETHING to talk about on TDL Day, but it more and more looks like it'll be depth moves rather than anything major (though, I guess until Drouin is traded to anywhere but the Avs, you can't completely count them out...)
Ah, right. Well, I'll just go ahead and put my hopes back down where they belong.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Oilers should go all-in for Subban.

RNH + Yakupov + Schultz + 2016 1st + 2017 1st for Subban + Eller.

Edmonton gets a legitimate 1st pairing defensemen and 3rd line centre. Montreal gets a top-6 Centre who may still have 1st line upside, re-unites Yakupov with Galchenyuk, gets Schultz on a trial basis (though I included him simply because he's a RHD and didn't think Montreal would want Fayne's contract), and a 1st that SHOULD be top-5, to go along with their pick which will also likely be top-5, and another 1st next season. Walk away from the draft with two of Matthews/Chychrun/Puljuujarvi/Laine/Tkachuk to go along with RNH/Yak and it'd be a good foundation. The Oilers most certainly can afford to do this, too. Time for results

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Wow, a lot of Subban love.

Guys, this may sound nutty to some people, but I'm really not a huge fan.

And at $9M per year for 6 more years?!?

No thanks.

I'm not a huge fan of the guy personally, but he is one of the best players in the NHL.

He's the hockey equivalent a of five category hitter, imo.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm not a huge fan of the guy personally, but he is one of the best players in the NHL.

He's the hockey equivalent a of five category hitter, imo.

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but what is a five category hitter?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but what is a five category hitter?

In baseball, it's runs, home runs, RBI's, batting average, and stolen bases.

Meaning I think Subban can do it all, more or less.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I think PK is the second best d-man in the league. EK65 is clear cut number one. PK clear second. I'm willing to debate who is number three. Probably Keith, Doughty or Hedman.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Wasn't that impressed watching him the other night. No doubt PK is a great player but he's not top 5 in the NHL.

Player or D. If it's D he in without question. I watch him play every game, he's the only guy pulling his weight along with Plekanec. Guy leads the team in scoring as a D, and is good defensively to boot. If he's available you go after him, as simple as that.

Last edited:

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I think PK is the second best d-man in the league. EK65 is clear cut number one. PK clear second. I'm willing to debate who is number three. Probably Keith, Doughty or Hedman.

I know he is a beast offensively, but if i was building my team, i would take those other D man before Karlsson (not taking Keith's age in consideration).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If PK isn't in the top 5 for top defensemen... he is #6. Outside of Doughty, I think you can make an argument that he is better than any other defensemen in the NHL and have a legit case.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wasn't that impressed watching him the other night. No doubt PK is a great player but he's not top 5 in the NHL.

He's in the debate for top-5 players in the NHL. I don't include goaltenders though.

I wouldn't name Erik Karlsson as the clear-cut number one. Not even close, actually. There's a debate as to who #1 is. Karlsson, Doughty, Suter, Keith, Subban, OEL are all in the conversation.

Player or D. If it's D he in without question. I watch him play every game, he's the only guy pulling his weight along with Plekanec. Guys leads the team in scoring as a D, and is good defensively to boot. If he's available you go after him, as simple as that.

Yep. He's clearly the best Canadiens' skater and he bleeds Canadiens' colours, so if they move him I think it'll be a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia