Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Avs will not get another "good defenseman". There are none available. We just need a reliable bottom-pair guy to replace Boddy/Redmond, and maybe another depth forward with future upside. Anything more than that costs too much and compromises the future.

Did anybody actually read the article I posted from the Avs official site? That's about as authoritative as anybody can ask for. This is why I've been avoiding the boards lately, and probably will continue to until the TDL hits and all this nonsense is finally done. There will be no major signings or splashy moves.

Sakic said he wouldn't move any top picks or prospects for Rentals. Not that they wouldn't make any major signings or splashy moves.

Not sure you guys seen my post in the last page but I suggested Kris Russell from Calgary. He's a LD who is good for 30 points a year and has always been a plus player. Even on this years horrible Flames team. He is a slight upgrade on Holden and a pretty good passer. He is another smaller Barrie type. UFA after this year. Could probably get him rather cheap I think since Flames are sellers.

Pass. He's better than Bods...but there's a lot of other dmen who are better than Bodnarchuck and actually fit what we need.

Man it would be nice to get Hamonic out of New York. He is exactly what this team needs. Would probably cost us one of Barrie, Zadorov, Bigras though at the least.

Beauch EJ
Holden Barrie
Bigras Hamonic

That is solid. Bet we would go 15-7 to end the last 22 games of the season.

Would you trade Zadorov and a 2nd for Hamonic? Would that even be enough?

**** no

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I could see them targeting Eller. He fits alot of what Roy i think is looking for, size, speed, two-way ability, faceoffs. I think he fits that "puck mgmt" label. He , to me, is a perfect 3rd line player...

...but..

He is a "Hockey tease" like Gardiner, Burmistrov, Kreider and so forth
I have no doubt what so ever he will start on a line with Soda and Comeau and Roy will within seconds play him with Duchene or Mack, because he will look dynamite on a 3rd line role for a series of games, fooling everyone into thinking he can do and be so much more..but he ends up disappointing.

Mitchell is another "Hockey tease"

That's a good term for that. Guys that should be better, and show flashes of their abilities, but can't seem to do it consistently so they end up being constant disappointments in their roles. The last ten years or so the Avs have been like a merry go round for these types.

Skoula, Arnason, Wolski, Vaananen, Brett Clark, Benoit, McAmmond, Quincey, SOB, Ryan Wilson, David Jones, Chris Stewart, PAP, Mitchell, Holden, Berra.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Thing is I dont think id mind at all having Eller as part of the group for a bit. He fits the age bracket. He brings an element they def could use. But I dont trust Patrick with guys like him. He'll defer to Eller ...alot...to everyone's detriment.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It's the sitting on Santa's lap time of the year. All good things are possible, people like to dream. I try to stay out of it as best I can. For me it's how bad is it going to be. Trades are either meh or horrifying. It's not like this org has gone out and done anything exciting at the deadline anytime lately. At best it's another Talbot for Caron, at worst it's another Berra for a pick. But hey, folks want to live in the land of optimism and then we'll have the managing our expectations talk 10 days from now and move on.

Isn't it always Santa's lap time? We just hope for different gifts and then manage our expectations each time and move on to the next holiday.

Looking forward to that one trade to push us to the next level, then moving on to how great our up and coming prospects will be once they finally get their chance, then adding that new piece in the draft, and then how we only need to get a couple smart FA signings.

Rinse and repeat. Seems the nature of fandom, especially while suffering through droughts of success.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
Thing is I dont think id mind at all having Eller as part of the group for a bit. He fits the age bracket. He brings an element they def could use. But I dont trust Patrick with guys like him. He'll defer to Eller ...alot...to everyone's detriment.

Being able to see all the Habs game, I do not want to have a idiot like Eller in my team.

If you have the chance to listen to what he said about PK Subban because of the play he did against the Avs, you would see a idiot in Eller.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Isn't it always Santa's lap time? We just hope for different gifts and then manage our expectations each time and move on to the next holiday.

Looking forward to that one trade to push us to the next level, then moving on to how great our up and coming prospects will be once they finally get their chance, then adding that new piece in the draft, and then how we only need to get a couple smart FA signings.

Rinse and repeat. Seems the nature of fandom, especially while suffering through droughts of success.

Getting Berra was like asking Santa for Nintendo and we got ColecoVision

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's the sitting on Santa's lap time of the year. All good things are possible, people like to dream. I try to stay out of it as best I can. For me it's how bad is it going to be. Trades are either meh or horrifying. It's not like this org has gone out and done anything exciting at the deadline anytime lately. At best it's another Talbot for Caron, at worst it's another Berra for a pick. But hey, folks want to live in the land of optimism and then we'll have the managing our expectations talk 10 days from now and move on.

Sitting on Santa's lap is always going to be disappointing when your parents are poor! :sarcasm: We can't afford an Xbox, we'll have to settle for a couple of books and some nice warm socks from.our aunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad