Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I'd even be hesitant about moving our 1st round pick right now. There's a bunch of teams behind us (I believe 8 or 9) that could theoretically pass us with games in hand. I know that not all of them will but the moment we lose 3 or 4 in a row, our 1st round pick could be a top 10 pick - that's how close the league is and therefore, I'd rather play it safe.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'd even be hesitant about moving our 1st round pick right now. There's a bunch of teams behind us (I believe 8 or 9) that could theoretically pass us with games in hand. I know that not all of them will but the moment we lose 3 or 4 in a row, our 1st round pick could be a top 10 pick - that's how close the league is and therefore, I'd rather play it safe.

I'm not scared about moving the 1st for Drouin at all. We should be picking a forward with that pick anyway so if we can use it to get a player with a ceiling as high as Drouin's I think we should take it. I just think any other team is able to offer something better than a 1st + Compher/Meloche + Siemens/Bleackley

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If our first is top 5 protected, I'd move it yesterday for Drouin.

If not, then I wait to see where it falls and move for him at the draft if that is who they want to target.

If we miss out, then so be it. I still have a few questions regarding Drouin's fit on this team, and don't see him as being enough of a difference maker for this season to rush into a deal.

davalanche96

Jul 15, 2005
Canada
I'm not scared about moving the 1st for Drouin at all. We should be picking a forward with that pick anyway so if we can use it to get a player with a ceiling as high as Drouin's I think we should take it. I just think any other team is able to offer something better than a 1st + Compher/Meloche + Siemens/Bleackley

Anytime I do this package but without Meloche. .. he will be a beast in futur, I see him for my local junior team and he is the defense of the future in nhl

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Eh...
I don't know that I give that much for Drouin.
Top talent, most likely, but the potential for a troublesome player seems to be quite high as well.
I just see big demands and primadonna antics in his future.
If they'd take 1st round pick (top 10 protected) + Bleakley + Siemens, I'd do it.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Eh...
I don't know that I give that much for Drouin.
Top talent, most likely, but the potential for a troublesome player seems to be quite high as well.
I just see big demands and primadonna antics in his future.
If they'd take 1st round pick (top 10 protected) + Bleakley + Siemens, I'd do it.

That's about as much as I'd be willing to pay as well. Guy has a lot of potential, both for good and for bad. He could be a complete headache come contract negotiation time, and who's to say that the first time Roy benches him he doesn't pull this stunt again? If he does his value would be considerably lower than at this point in time.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Yeah, I don't trade Zads for Drouin, I just don't. I agree with TV, we have had a ****** D for a long time, no reason to trade any of them at the moment, IMO.

I put zads in the team core category he really has first pick written all over him imo...

I do not like Druin even for free... he has yet to show me he can be a team guy

Who I like is Buitfuikline.... sp?, He is a good dman who absolutely would fit here... but at what cost for a 30 year old.. 31? UFA ?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I put zads in the team core category he really has first pick written all over him imo...

I do not like Druin even for free... he has yet to show me he can be a team guy

Who I like is Buitfuikline.... sp?, He is a good dman who absolutely would fit here... but at what cost for a 30 year old.. 31? UFA ?

Butt-fugg-lien?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Drouin for 1st round pick (top 10 protected) + Bleackley/Hishon + Siemens/Wood/Meloche is quickly becoming our version of Halak+Ryder+2nd and Bozak+2nd.

I'm actually starting to miss the Radulov is our savior posts.

No matter how many times those terrible spare parts trades get parroted, it's not gonna happen. Just let the Drouin dream die. Absolutely nothing about him tells us that the Avs would be interested in the type of player he is besides the fact that he played in the Q.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Drouin for 1st round pick (top 10 protected) + Bleackley/Hishon + Siemens/Wood/Meloche is quickly becoming our version of Halak+Ryder+2nd and Bozak+2nd.

No matter how many times those terrible spare parts trades get parroted, it's not gonna happen. Just let the Drouin dream die. Absolutely nothing about him tells us that the Avs would be interested in the type of player he is besides the fact that he played in the Q.

Not really.

Our 1st is probably worth more than those packages alone.

And Meloche really should hold value to most teams.

I am not saying that it should get you a Drouin. It won't.

But it is the best the Avs should be willing to offer for anyone that is even remotely available right now...

Pierre McGuire who has covered our last 2 games and spent a week around the team basically said that he knows that the Avs absolutely
want to get their hands on Drouin.

He is not the best source in the world but better than Chambers for example.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

I'm sure if Yzerman is really, really, really desperate he would take just the 1st round. Why take on the likes of Hishon, Siemens and Bleackley?

Wood and Meloche could be good adds, but i'm sure every other team have their own version of Meloche/Wood.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Free agent signings, duh :sarcasm:

Seriously...an offensive winger is a luxury. It is hands down the least important position in hockey. With the way the game is trending, I think you could make a good case defense is the most important. Beauchemin is holding down the fort right now on one pairing on the left side...but simply because we have one potential replacement for him (Bigras) does not mean we don't need another high end defender. We do. Holden is not a long term option, no other defender in our system can be relied upon to become a top 4 defensman whatsoever...heck, we don't even know for sure that Barrie has a long term future here. We have one long term top 4 defensman right now, and that's Johnson. The Avs desperately need to hoard Bigras and Zadorov. Our defense is still a weakspot...pretending it is a strength and we can toss a away a top defensive prospect for a luxury is...beyond me.

I think too many people are enthralled by the idea of a shiny new offensive piece.

We have been icing the likes of Martinsen, Comeau and Tanguay in our top 6. But, your right, wing is just a luxury:shakehead. What a ridiculous comment.

People are enthralled by the idea of adding a guy with the potential to be another Kane or Datsyuk. But hey, you disagree with the idea, so it can't be something normal like that (simply liking the player). Nope, there has to be some stupid reason people are disagreeing with you:shakehead

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Most teams have a good defense prospect but big RHD who can score goals don't grow on trees either.

This... look at the 2014 draft, there are VERY few big RD (6'3"+) with offensive upside. It is basically Ekblad and Wood. They are a very rare commodity in the NHL, and when they pan out, they are worth their weight in gold.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
We have been icing the likes of Martinsen, Comeau and Tanguay in our top 6. But, your right, wing is just a luxury:shakehead. What a ridiculous comment.

People are enthralled by the idea of adding a guy with the potential to be another Kane or Datsyuk. But hey, you disagree with the idea, so it can't be something normal like that (simply liking the player). Nope, there has to be some stupid reason people are disagreeing with you:shakehead

What does that have to do with what he said?

Yes the Avs have a hole there. Every team has holes somewhere.

Wingers are the least important in the NHL by far. It would be great if our biggest hole would finally not be on defense but on the wing. And that hole can be adressed rather cheaply and in the grand scheme is the last hole a contending team should want to fill.

It is highly debatable if Drouin has the potential to be the next Kane.

He absolutely will not be the next Datsyuk. His two-way game is not and will never be close to as good.

It absolutely does not make sense to trade our solutions to our problems on other positions/role for an offensive winger like Drouin who would be nice but is not really needed with Duchene / Mac on our roster.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Most teams have a good defense prospect but big RHD who can score goals don't grow on trees either.

TB has Matthew Spencer who seems to be a similar type of prospect.

I have said that i would not trade any one of Bigras, Zadorov or Meloche for Drouin, and would be very hesitant to include Wood.

But most trade proposals here are ridiculous, Siemens, Hishon and Bleackley have very little value.

I believe that, as fwd prospects, guys like Compher, Beaudin and Grigorenko would have more value.

And on D, maybe Mironov, Butcher and Boikov would be more tempting than Siemens.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
TB has Matthew Spencer who seems to be a similar type of prospect.

Spencer is a two way guy who has ~25-30 point upside, but in a transitional sort of way... and isn't big. Wood and Meloche are much different types of players.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I really like:

Rantanen
Bigras
Zadorov
Meloche
Compher
Wood
Martin
Beaudin

I'd say the first 2 are untouchable, Zads nearly untouchable, Meloche and Compher very hard to trade for me, and Wood/Martin/Beaudin tough as well. Anybody else can go without much care, and that includes Bleackley. I understand the above prospects would be required in trades for Drouin-like players, but those are my main prospects I really like. Wood, for example, wouldn't have nearly the trade value that we perceive his talent and potential to reflect.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

It's not as if the offense has really struggled, though. We're not blowing up the box score like Dallas and Washington, but it's not bad either by any means. We have fairly balanced goal scoring down the line and the defense chips in too. Add in elite goaltending and we do have a winning formula.

And to say Drouin is a Kane/Datsyuk is vastly overstating it. MacKinnon has been doing much, much better in the NHL and even I wouldn't say he is ever going to be THAT good. You're either equating junior scoring with NHL scoring or just counting potential talent, which means nothing unless it develops into actual numbers.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Grigo doesn't have more value than Bleackley, Beaudin doesn't yet either. As far as those D compared to Siemens, depends what the team wants and if the development time matters, I don't think the guys listed hold much value themselves. Maybe Butcher if some team sees what Pronman's sees.

I would put Wood in a package for Drouin. I'm even ok in giving up our first.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I second this. Thats why Stevie could be amenable to a draft day deal than moving him now..unless he can get Dumba...but i dont know if Drouin is exactly what MIN would like back ..not sure what their needs are, Center i guess?

Domi, Larkin, Nichuskin, Ehlers, are all comparable talents that have gone in that range of picks TB could/should obtain for Drouin. I think all were in that 7-15 range. Conversely, I wouldnt trade any of those guys straight up for Drouin now.

If those guys are comparable to Drouin then any Dman drafted in the 1st round who is doing decent is comparable to Zadorov and the poster's comment would be correct. I do not agree there is a Zadorov in every draft, but if your just going to take any forward who is doing half way decent and compare them to Drouin then the same should he said for Zadorov. Both guys are rare breeds. Guys with Zadorovs size, skating and skill don't grow on trees. Conversely, guys with Drouins hands and creativity are rare. He could literally be up there with Kane. These guys you listed, while great talents, they just dont have that level of potential. Drouin isn't a early to mid round talent. He was up there at the very top.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The killer with trading Meloche now is that we don't have him to trade in the future. You know how guys like McKeown, Duclair, Morrow and Forsberg have been moved for rentals at the deadline. I expected that to be Meloche for us when we start contending. I'm not saying I don't want Meloche on this team. I think he's going to be a great player. I just feel he was eventually going to be traded for an impact now player. I feel that Greer was our 2nd round target and then Meloche was BPA with the other pick so they took him.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I really like:

Rantanen
Bigras
Zadorov
Meloche
Compher
Wood
Martin
Beaudin

I'd say the first 2 are untouchable, Zads nearly untouchable, Meloche and Compher very hard to trade for me, and Wood/Martin/Beaudin tough as well. Anybody else can go without much care, and that includes Bleackley. I understand the above prospects would be required in trades for Drouin-like players, but those are my main prospects I really like. Wood, for example, wouldn't have nearly the trade value that we perceive his talent and potential to reflect.

My thoughts exactly. Though I wouldnt say without much care. I really like Bleackley, but with Compher he is expendable. I also really like some lesser guys like Nantel, but if we have to trade them so be it.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The killer with trading Meloche now is that we don't have him to trade in the future. You know how guys like McKeown, Duclair, Morrow and Forsberg have been moved for rentals at the deadline. I expected that to be Meloche for us when we start contending. I'm not saying I don't want Meloche on this team. I think he's going to be a great player. I just feel he was eventually going to be traded for an impact now player. I feel that Greer was our 2nd round target and then Meloche was BPA with the other pick so they took him.

Sakic should be fired if he ever trades Meloche for a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad