Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
The problem with trading a Zadorov is that Meloche, Geertsen and Wood even if they turn into NHLers are probably two-three years out. And Siemens doesn't seem to be in the picture.

Avs have been starved for defense depth for a decade and now when we can see the end of the tunnel hopefully, I'd hate for Avs to give that up.

Of course we don't know how they view Zadorov. Avs can sour on players real quick. Ask Gormley.

But
Zads is no Gormley fortunately

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Does anyone really believe SY would do Drouin such a solid and trade his petulant prospect to his most preferred location? Not sure what to think if Bigras is involved. So conflicted.

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
I dont believe it, don't know why y'all are taking this serious. Sure Dater could have heard the interest is real, then he fills in the holes.

Iunno i started taking him more seriously when i hear guys like bob mackenzie refer to dater as a reliable source..

Ur right though, i just got that odd feeling. Worst part is i dont know how i feel about that trade...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Dater HAS sources, he was the first to report the lockout was over...

And for all we know, it could be TB that wants Bigras but the Avs are so far reluctant to deal him (as I would be, as well)

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Dater HAS sources, he was the first to report the lockout was over...

And for all we know, it could be TB that wants Bigras but the Avs are so far reluctant to deal him (as I would be, as well)

I can't remember dater ever being right about a trade

The lockout yes (he got lucky on that though)
He tended to know who the avs were in on in free agency, PAP and iginla he called from what I remember; and he caused the carkner screwup

I can't think of him ever calling a trade prior though

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010

He tended to know who the avs were in on in free agency, PAP and iginla he called from what I remember; and he caused the carkner screwup

The Avs twitter caused the Carkner screw up actually

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

He got lucky breaking a news story at the exact right time, before everyone else?

Okay then.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It was like a minute before, he just tweeted faster.

Like I said, he hears stuff and then fills in the blanks. This has been our issue for years, where to separate the truth and the assumptions. I heard him on the radio explaining he was never told that Duchene was available, it really started with Sakic saying only Mack was untouchable. Then he extrapolates from there.

Did he hear Pierre on the radio and that's his "hearing something"? Did he hear it on his own? Do I believe the Avs are poking around Drouin, yes. No other insider has pegged us as really in the whole trade thing. Dater also said he thought Barrie was going to be traded. It's just impossible to know where the line of truth is.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It was like a minute before, he just tweeted faster.

Like I said, he hears stuff and then fills in the blanks. This has been our issue for years, where to separate the truth and the assumptions. I heard him on the radio explaining he was never told that Duchene was available, it really started with Sakic saying only Mack was untouchable.

If I'm not mistaken, he was credited by Friedman and/or McKenzie as having it first.

I'm not saying I buy what he's saying on this specific issue, but those who act like he doesn't have sources are pretty shortsighted, in my opinion.

He has them, he also does what you say he does--fills in the blanks. I'm not denying that. I do, however, find it possible, and even plausible, that Bigras' name has come up. The question would then be which team brought him up, and if it was TB, would the Avs be willing to deal him (my hope would be that they'd say "No").

[EDIT]

Also, thread limit reached, continue here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad